FS Vintage Sled Thread

this is my $100 "72 340 fieabay find, cost me more to go to Pa. to get it than I paid for it. cleaned carb, fresh gas and plugs and fired on 3rd pull 1200 original miles with factory slide, only needs repro. seat to make it a unrestored classic. got to get reg for my state then can run on trails

DSCN0084.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

He had a at least 2 more KK's I didn't get photos of. 

I think that last guy is the guy always listing a whole pile of very rare Cat stuff on Vintage sleds.  I've heard he is a weird guy and asking a huge pile of money for anything he has.  Like writes down plate numbers and takes photos of people coming to look at stuff.  He is suppose to have the Evil Knievel King Kat, but won't let anyone take photos of it.  

8 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

twin

A friend of mine has 2 TNT 340 singles and probably a half dozen 340 single engines.  Not 335 motors called 340's.  I'm not a Ski-Doo guy, but I think they only make those 1 or 2 years.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

He had a at least 2 more KK's I didn't get photos of. 

I think that last guy is the guy always listing a whole pile of very rare Cat stuff on Vintage sleds.  I've heard he is a weird guy and asking a huge pile of money for anything he has.  Like writes down plate numbers and takes photos of people coming to look at stuff.  He is suppose to have the Evil Knievel King Kat, but won't let anyone take photos of it.  

A friend of mine has 2 TNT 340 singles and probably a half dozen 340 single engines.  Not 335 motors called 340's.  I'm not a Ski-Doo guy, but I think they only make those 1 or 2 years.

I know there is some minor difference between 340 singles and 335 but not sure what it is

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2017 at 8:09 AM, snowstorm said:

thats a 69 371 in 70 they went to a 399 and it had black vents in the hood on the sides

Ok, already, I get it! 

You are likely correct as I do remember those black vents on the hood you speak of. That is not a pic of our's, it was pulled from the internet but looked exactly like it, I thought. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/8/2017 at 7:45 PM, 2strokemerc said:

17795750_10154794126858451_5110214302232553982_n.thumb.jpg.4c3dd30b4d6550adbff047af8f2284fa.jpg

That's awesome :good:  

It's very rare to see a car pulling sleds here in the northeastern US, but when I've been in Quebec I've seen it quite a bit.

46 minutes ago, ckf said:

That's awesome :good:  

It's very rare to see a car pulling sleds here in the northeastern US, but when I've been in Quebec I've seen it quite a bit.

It's quite common on my street. lol I pull a two place open with a Buick sedan. Probably the only guy in southern Ontario to do so.

• Like 1

On August 2, 2017 at 7:19 PM, 2strokemerc said:

It's quite common on my street. lol I pull a two place open with a Buick sedan. Probably the only guy in southern Ontario to do so.

Or drive a Buick sedan......ouch.....kids now a days have no idea what a sedan is.....expecially a Buick  

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...