Daily driver?

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Deleted? Arp studs? 

No 100% stock.  I got a hell of a deal on the truck so ill just run it until one of the 6.0 issues rears its head and then Ill bulletproof it. No need to spend the money until something happens.   It did have new Ford reman injectors right before I bought it at 90k.  120k now.   I actually drive that 88 quite a bit also.

Just now, TheEdge said:

No 100% stock.  I got a hell of a deal on the truck so ill just run it until one of the 6.0 issues rears its head and then Ill bulletproof it. No need to spend the money until something happens.   It did have new Ford reman injectors right before I bought it at 90k.  120k now.   I actually drive that 88 quite a bit also.

Geez maybe its one of the few good ones....you running a tune?

Just now, Dave said:

Geez maybe its one of the few good ones....you running a tune?

No tune.  2nd owner. Warranty showed a new turbo at 60k and that was it for warranty work other than a few reflashes.

3 minutes ago, TheEdge said:

No tune.  2nd owner. Warranty showed a new turbo at 60k and that was it for warranty work other than a few reflashes.

Well hopefully its good for you....I had one...worst diesel ever for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave said:

Well hopefully its good for you....I had one...worst diesel ever for me.

keep fresh coolant and fresh oil and no tuner alleviates 90% of the problems with these...  my wifes brother owns a big diesel shop with a ton of 6.0 knowledge, so if it takes a shit on me I do the whole bulletproofing, delete, tuner, studs for about 3k out of pocket. Or I may sell it by then who knows.      Btw I still own 2 Cummins powered trucks lol

Edited by TheEdge

2 minutes ago, TheEdge said:

keep fresh coolant and fresh oil and no tuner alleviates 90% of the problems with these...  my wifes brother owns a big diesel shop with a ton of 6.0 knowledge, so if it takes a shit on me I do the whole bulletproofing, delete, tuner, studs for about 3k out of pocket. Or I may sell it by then who knows.      Btw I still own 2 Cummins powered trucks lol

Did all of the above and more...was still troublesome.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dave said:

Did all of the above and more...was still troublesome.

Yeah ive had friends that had them and nothing but problems too, and also knew people that were issue free...  hopefully Its a decent one. I really like the truck as a driver, although it does have more lag than my cummins trucks

• Like 1

On March 3, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Zambroski said:

I miss being able to actually work on these vehicles.  And miss having the actual "want to".  When I decided to put headers on my truck, I decided to take a quick recon to see what I was up against.  Hell, put plenty on and have the tools and ability.  30 seconds of "peeking" and I actually said out loud, "Oh, fuck this!" And laughed out loud.

:lol:

Got a good local race shop to do it all.  I'm such a pussy.

A bud owns 4Wheel parts and service in Ham Lake Mn if you ever need anything . 

59 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

That is sharp. I want to also test drive the 2018 Z71

image.jpg

image.jpg

They are both nice looking rides but GM burned me bad and I have avoided them since.  I've never had a significant problem with Ford.

Summer car is the 02 Deville and I recently picked up a 2012 Chevy Cruze because I drive 124 miles a day getting to work 6 days a week. The Cruze is fun to drive has a 1.8 turbo 4 banger and will surprise you. Thing takes a corner better than any of the 80''s and late 90's Camaros i have had. 

FB_IMG_1489264952074.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Summer car is the 02 Deville and I recently picked up a 2012 Chevy Cruze because I drive 124 miles a day getting to work 6 days a week. The Cruze is fun to drive has a 1.8 turbo 4 banger and will surprise you. Thing takes a corner better than any of the 80''s and late 90's Camaros i have had. 

FB_IMG_1489264952074.jpg

Sorry I meant to say it's a 1.4 Turbo