Has anyone tried 3m paint protection film

Sksman

I put it on the hood on a truck I have, an 07' I bought new. 222000 km still looks good no yellowing.  I have noticed it yellow on others though, gotta be some junk knock off stuff out there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Renegade X said:

Do you like them?

I had them do the film on one of my previous trucks w/o any problems. I don't know of any shops doing it in the Peterboro arae.

Should look nice with all that Saran wrap on it.....

On 2017-03-02 at 7:41 PM, Sksman said:

Well i will know how it looks on Monday.

Doing the hood, headlights and front bumper.

7 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Should look nice with all that Saran wrap on it.....

Hope so.  

And as long as next buyer likes the no chips or no sand blasted paint look the better.

• 5 weeks later...

So, the Challenger is in and pick up on Monday.  Tell me why I don't like Mondays.

Anyways I think the 3-M is a great idea and will get that done, although has anyone tried the Ceramic Pro.  It was recommended, but I don't know enough about it.

http://ceramicpro.com/hydrophobic-coating-ceramic-pro/

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So, the Challenger is in and pick up on Monday.  Tell me why I don't like Mondays.

Anyways I think the 3-M is a great idea and will get that done, although has anyone tried the Ceramic Pro.  It was recommended, but I don't know enough about it.

http://ceramicpro.com/hydrophobic-coating-ceramic-pro/

I think this would work better, and it's only slightly more expensive. :$

https://www.eshine.ca/products/chemical-guys-project-j97-paste-wax-ultra-refined-white-brazilian-carnauba-wax-8oz?utm_source=eShine&utm_campaign=7d4f54ae5f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_31&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4cbf412737-7d4f54ae5f-69701633&ct=t(J973_31_2017)&mc_cid=7d4f54ae5f&mc_eid=01f676d517

27 minutes ago, irv said:

Thanks Irv,

I would have been OK with the dealer putting on the 3-M even knowing they just sub it out and mark it up.  But when they were asking me what I wanted as if I was the expert I said hold on a sec.  So I called a 3-M dealer and he suggested the ceramic pro as well.  What is it and what does it really do for me?

I am not really interested in applying anything myself.  Thanks.

• Platinum Contributing Member

14 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Thanks Irv,

I would have been OK with the dealer putting on the 3-M even knowing they just sub it out and mark it up.  But when they were asking me what I wanted as if I was the expert I said hold on a sec.  So I called a 3-M dealer and he suggested the ceramic pro as well.  What is it and what does it really do for me?

I am not really interested in applying anything myself.  Thanks.

It was just a joke, AC. I receive e-mails from E-Shine and that wax was shown in their ad. I had never heard of it before but then I seen the price! :wtf:

I have used a lot of waxes over the years, some fairly expensive ones too, but nothing remotely close to that one I posted! Imo, although I am not a professional detailer, I can't see that one being remotely close to being worth what they are charging for it.

I'll stick with Collinites 845 insulator wax that I have used for more than a few years now. Imo, it's the longest lasting wax I have ever used, and that is what's important to me. https://www.eshine.ca/products/collinite-liquid-insulator-wax-845-16oz

32 minutes ago, irv said:

It was just a joke, AC. I receive e-mails from E-Shine and that wax was shown in their ad. I had never heard of it before but then I seen the price! :wtf:

I have used a lot of waxes over the years, some fairly expensive ones too, but nothing remotely close to that one I posted! Imo, although I am not a professional detailer, I can't see that one being remotely close to being worth what they are charging for it.

I'll stick with Collinites 845 insulator wax that I have used for more than a few years now. Imo, it's the longest lasting wax I have ever used, and that is what's important to me. https://www.eshine.ca/products/collinite-liquid-insulator-wax-845-16oz

LOL. 

No wax on wax off for this guy.  Will just do the film. 

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, revrnd said:

Had the truck done today w/ the 3M Stoneguard

12" hood & fender kit $249

"step ins" 2 - reg' cab $50

Total w/ tax - $338

Good price.  

Where did you get it done?

I got a quote to do the front  bumper and 18" up the hood for $550 but i cant decide if i need it or not. Only see issue on dirt roads and I'm not tailgating when I'm on the camp road most times. 

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

Good price.  

Where did you get it done?

In Oshawa at Get Wrapped Trimline. They are on Marwood just off Farewell (south of the 401). 888-890-4321. 

Probably 2 hours to do it.

I paid $600 for front bumper and hood.  It was quick and done by a private guy in the dealers bay.

i had way too many chips on last Ford not to do something.  401 by milton with all the gravel trucks dropping dust and stone chips on road is brutal.