Sessions Talks with russia not about campaign

UPDATED — DOJ says Jeff Sessions talked with Russians before election, did NOT disclose…

Mar. 1, 2017 9:46 pm by SooperMexican

UPDATE (TRS): Sessions has released a statement:

AP – Attorney General Jeff Sessions says he “never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign.”

Sessions released a statement Wednesday night in response to reports that he had two conversations with the Russian ambassador to the United States during the presidential campaign season last year.

The attorney general said: “I have no idea what this allegation is about. It is false.”

The Washington Post is reporting that Jeff Sessions talked to the Russians twice before the election according to Department Justice officials. And that’s a problem because he’s denied doing so – at his confirmation hearings.

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race.

So, did he lie during his confirmation hearing? NOPE, says his spokeswoman. There was absolutely nothing misleading about his answer, at all. Go away.

At his Jan. 10 Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing, Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken, a Minnesota Democrat, what he would do if he learned of any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of the 2016 campaign.

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” he responded. He added: “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

Officials said Sessions did not consider the conversations relevant to the lawmakers’ questions and did not remember in detail what he discussed with Kislyak.

“There was absolutely nothing misleading about his answer,” said Sarah Isgur Flores, Sessions’s spokeswoman.

That’s because he was acting as a Senator when he met those Russians, not as a part of the Trump campaign:

Justice officials said Sessions met with Kislyak on Sept. 8 in his capacity as a member of the armed services panel rather than in his role as a Trump campaign surrogate.

“He was asked during the hearing about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign — not about meetings he took as a senator and a member of the Armed Services Committee,” Flores said.

She added that Sessions last year had more than 25 conversations with foreign ambassadors as a senior member of the Armed Services Committee, including the British, Korean, Japanese, Polish, Indian, Chinese, Canadian, Australian and German ambassadors, in addition to Kislyak.

In the case of the September meeting, one department official who came to the defense of the attorney general said, “There’s just not strong recollection of what was said.”

Damn fake news lying liars!! NOBODY CARES about the Russians, or who talked to them or when or why. This is exactly why Trump attacks the media because they’re always lying!!!

Here’s a video of more of the media’s lies:

Liars.

Here’s the video of his confirmation where he answers the question. 

It sounds like he’s talking about the campaign, right? And if they did discuss the campaign, it’ll be nearly impossible to find out. So good luck with that, lefties. 

Also you lie.

AP – Attorney General Jeff Sessions says he “never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign.”

yea sure...what's next?  The earth is flat?

Hahahaha

Edited by ICEMAN!

so again are we at war with Russia again? I was unaware we had a embargo going with them ? should we never talk to them again ? really I want to know ? will we have more flexibility after a dem is back in office to talk with Russia about things like missile defense . as Obama once said give me space until after the November ballot .