Thanks Democrats. This is all yours.

Owing to a serious misconception, almost half of college students recently polled believe they won’t be saddled with student loans soon after graduation.

According to a survey of 500 current college students conducted by LendEDU, a private firm that connects students and their families with student loans and loan refinancing, 49.8 percent believe they would be able to receive federal forgiveness on their student loans after graduation.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/25/half-of-college-students-think-their-loans-will-be-forgiven/

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Nice MSM type headline.   Its like they profit $1.3 Trillion. :lol:  

Want a real worker shortage, make college free.

I've posted this before if we would simply evenly spread out what govt already gives students and colleges we could give every college student $9312 per year.  Between states and fed govt we spent around $149 billion on higher education last year.   There are around 16 million college students.  In other words we don't need to spend any fucking more money on higher education, we just need to spend it differently or fucking cut it.  

The problem is if we gave every kid $9000 to go to school colleges would just raise the price $9000.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

President Obama will sign a bill today that ends a 45-year-old program under which banks and other private-sector lenders such as Sallie Mae receive a federal subsidy for making government-guaranteed college loans.

Instead, the U.S. Department of Education - which already makes roughly a third of these loans through its direct-lending program - will make 100 percent of them starting July 1.

The change will have a big impact on some lenders and colleges but relatively little on borrowers. They will continue to get the same loans - including Stafford loans for students and Plus loans for parents and graduate students - on largely the same terms.

Students who previously had to choose a private-sector lender for their guaranteed loans will now have only one choice: the government.

http://www.sfgate.com/business/networth/article/Feds-take-over-student-loan-program-from-banks-3193888.php

18 minutes ago, 02sled said:

They're entitled to it don't you know.... and $100K to start that new job fresh out of school.

Delusional bunch of kids brought up in the "gimme gimme" generation full of trophies for all participants.

The real world is going to slap these kids in the face real hard and time will tell how well they handle it. Some might get jack boots and black flags, others will soak off their parents, some might loose it and go postal, some will buckle down and make it work the best they can

This isnt just a dem/ pube issue. Something like 1/3rd of our national debt is tied to student loans. Meaning the fed is using that as collateral for our debt. And that is by design. thats why these colleges are raising the tuitions so high. the credit is easy to get and cant be forgiven.

Meanwhile I do about $2 million a year in work at universities. :lol: Thanks bitches!

Just now, Anler said:

This isnt just a dem/ pube issue. Something like 1/3rd of our national debt is tied to student loans. Meaning the fed is using that as collateral for our debt. And that is by design. thats why these colleges are raising the tuitions so high. the credit is easy to get and cant be forgiven.

Meanwhile I do about $2 million a year in work at universities. :lol: Thanks bitches!

While their 'endowments' grow exponentially.

Just now, Skidooski said:

Delusional bunch of kids brought up in the "gimme gimme" generation full of trophies for all participants.

The real world is going to slap these kids in the face real hard and time will tell how well they handle it. Some might get jack boots and black flags, others will soak off their parents, some might loose it and go postal, some will buckle down and make it work the best they can

You know what? That paper is pretty much required for alot of jobs these days. About 11 years ago i was trying to get a job as a project manager with some large GC's around here. Despite having all kinds of experience, qualifications AND recommendations... They ALL asked me for a copy of my degree, which i do not have. I considered going back to school to get my engineering degree. But given my business smarts i just started another company and rocked it... :news:  

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

You know what? That paper is pretty much required for alot of jobs these days. About 11 years ago i was trying to get a job as a project manager with some large GC's around here. Despite having all kinds of experience, qualifications AND recommendations... They ALL asked me for a copy of my degree, which i do not have. I considered going back to school to get my engineering degree. But given my business smarts i just started another company and rocked it... :news: 

Yep....last time I was looking for work it was Bachelors degree minimum and Masters preferred for entry level pay type stuff in the Aerospace field. You had to be degreed, by a reputable university, to even be considered and this was back in 2010'ish. It's not just the piece of paper but just as much where it's from and what is for also. Tough for these kids no doubt so I hope they chose wisely

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yep....last time I was looking for work it was Bachelors degree minimum and Masters preferred for entry level pay type stuff in the Aerospace field. You had to be degreed, by a reputable university, to even be considered and this was back in 2010'ish. It's not just the piece of paper but just as much where it's from and what is for also. Tough for these kids no doubt so I hope they chose wisely

Im seeing the quality of PM's coming out of college and its frightening. One of the big GC's we do alot of work with hire all of their PM's right out of University of Illinois engineering program. Thats a pretty good school in the area for construction. The other is Purdue. Im going to make my kids get at least a 4 year degree but if they flunk out im spending the rest of their college savings on motorsports for me. 

Its corporate America's fault really. Years ago companies trained their own workers in whatever specialty they needed. They also hated unions but loved the fact the members trained themselves.

Now families go in debt or use their retirement money to pay for juniors education.

Today you need a piece of paper for a dumb ass entry level minimum wage job.

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Its corporate America's fault really. Years ago companies trained their own workers in whatever specialty they needed. They also hated unions but loved the fact the members trained themselves.

Now families go in debt or use their retirement money to pay for juniors education.

Today you need a piece of paper for a dumb ass entry level minimum wage job.

How many years ago are you talking about. 40 years ago I left university with debt as did most of my friends. That degree opened the door and then you had to prove yourself. Not much has changed other than with supply and demand employers have fewer jobs than there are grads so they can be selective. Why wouldn't they hire the very best available.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

remember before your party meddeled and fucked  up collages a guy could get out debt free with just a part time job paying his own way, I do I did 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

remember before your party meddeled and fucked  up collages a guy could get out debt free with just a part time job paying his own way, I do I did 

Like I said colleges are corporate America.

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I think a lot of you should have taken advantage of the loans :lol:

No student loans, bought a house at 25, 2 new pickups since then, been overseas a couple times. :bc:

• Like 1