Utility/Polework Equipment Dealer in GTA

revrnd

Seeing the forklift thread got me thinking on an item I'm looking for. I've had it suggested to me that I look into the fiberglass 'poles' that the Hydro One guys use for working around high tension lines as a flagpole @ the races (have to be able to fly the Stars & Bars). It would have to break down into sections shorter than 10' (I think). Someone has mentioned Zenner's in the GTA as a source but I haven't been able to find anything online.

Used would be preferable as I imagine new would be pretty pricy. I've already spent about 300 bucks on 2 flimsy telescoping poles that were both a POS. (If you're ever looking in that direction, send me a link & I'll let you know if it's the same garbage I bought).

TIA

5 hours ago, revrnd said:

Seeing the forklift thread got me thinking on an item I'm looking for. I've had it suggested to me that I look into the fiberglass 'poles' that the Hydro One guys use for working around high tension lines as a flagpole @ the races (have to be able to fly the Stars & Bars). It would have to break down into sections shorter than 10' (I think). Someone has mentioned Zenner's in the GTA as a source but I haven't been able to find anything online.

Used would be preferable as I imagine new would be pretty pricy. I've already spent about 300 bucks on 2 flimsy telescoping poles that were both a POS. (If you're ever looking in that direction, send me a link & I'll let you know if it's the same garbage I bought).

TIA

How about a roof rake without the scraper on it. Less than $30 at Costco and put it in heavy X-mas tree stand to hold it up

4 minutes ago, Sksman said:

How about a pole from a tree prunner or tree saw?

How long do you need?

Looking on the 'net & I think the crappy telescoping ones I had were 16' long:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/16ft-fiberglass-pole/65212

Made of fiberglass & the wall thickness might have been 1/16". The 2nd pole broke w/ 2 flags on it & barely a breeze. None of the neighbours had poles that broke. A lot of them are orange & flex somewhat when it's windy.

3 minutes ago, Sksman said:

What you need is one of the long poles they use to flip switches on poles.  Look to be 25 feet long.  Just need to find one that is deemed unsafe for switch gear work.

That's what my nephew the electrical apprentice says that I should be looking for.

Just now, StevieWonder said:

20" FT. TELESCOPING FLAGPOLE - Brand New on Kijiji http://www.kijiji.ca/v-home-outdoor-other/belleville/20-ft-telescoping-flagpole-brand-new/1237961497

is this like the flimsy one you have ? 

Its aluminum . 

That would be ideal, but the tracks are getting pissy about alum' flagpoles since a couple of rednecks electrocuted themselves @ Talledega a few years ago.