Why did Obama not authorize the raid in Yemen?

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

That was in response to the raid being a "Trump hairbrained idea".

If you don't want to know the facts, don't ask someone else to bring them to the table.

the mission is covered with the typical lies and deception of any failed mission. did obama authorize it? maybe. could trump have cancelled it? yep. the mission stinks of failure. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

the mission is covered with the typical lies and deception of any failed mission. did obama authorize it? maybe. could trump have cancelled it? yep. the mission stinks of failure. 

The first mistakes made in the operation was continuing on when they knew they had lost the element of surprise.

Since you are a military expert, tell me... would the ST6 leader call back to the White House, tell Trump the situation, and go with his order? No, he either shits or gets off the pot, which he did.

The after actions reports do not paint a rosey picture of the operation. Mistakes were made. Bad decisions were made. But they were made in the operational phase of the operation, as well as the planning.

Edited by Snake

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

When people are throwing bullets around people get shot. And you can prepare for every possible scenario you can think of, and then the shit you didnt think of happens and you gotta wing it. I dont like the politicizing and blame game when shit goes wrong. If there is gross negligence from someone then by all means, fry em. But shit happens and sometimes there is nothing you can do about it. everyone can be a monday morning quarterback but unless you are there knee deep in the shit there is no way you can predict what YOU would have done. Neither Trump or Obama is a military strategist, they dont plan the missions. They just authorize them. 

Just now, Anler said:

When people are throwing bullets around people get shot. And you can prepare for every possible scenario you can think of, and then the shit you didnt think of happens and you gotta wing it. I dont like the politicizing and blame game when shit goes wrong. If there is gross negligence from someone then by all means, fry em. But shit happens and sometimes there is nothing you can do about it. everyone can be a monday morning quarterback but unless you are there knee deep in the shit there is no way you can predict what YOU would have done. Neither Trump or Obama is a military strategist, they dont plan the missions. They just authorize them. 

if the mission is a failure just say it. i can deal with that. this ribbon around a turd bullshit is business as usual.

every battle has a victor before it's even fought. there's no changing that truth. 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

if the mission is a failure just say it. i can deal with that. this ribbon around a turd bullshit is business as usual.

every battle has a victor before it's even fought. there's no changing that truth. 

Like i said, when you throw bullets around people get killed. You cant guarantee victory in something like that. 

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Stop trying to equate death with failure.

There were over 36 commandos on that mission. Regardless what any source, or even Matiss for that matter, we are not going to know what we learned. We just are not. It doesn't work that way.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Stop trying to equate death with failure.

There were over 36 commandos on that mission. Regardless what any source, or even Matiss for that matter, we are not going to know what we learned. We just are not. It doesn't work that way.

the more they try and cloud the issue, the easier it is to read between the lines. how can any normal human being be proud of what came out of that raid? as for valuable intell? sorry, ain't buying it. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

the more they try and cloud the issue, the easier it is to read between the lines. how can any normal human being be proud of what came out of that raid? as for valuable intell? sorry, ain't buying it. 

And the more you do the Mainecat with the horrible lack of facts you present, the more you will be alone not buying it.

3 hours ago, Snake said:

And the more you do the Mainecat with the horrible lack of facts you present, the more you will be alone not buying it.

as long as i'm true to myself and don't become a "joiner"....i'm good.