Anyone know?

Every time I have to put a phone number down for something my phone starts ringing off the hook. These companies are so quick to sell your info nowadays. I started putting down a fake number now and the calls have mostly stopped. Hmmmm.

I have, it's very strange, never calling it before they say hi Donald when they answer. I'm trying to figure out they know that, even tried calling from my daughters cell phone, still the same answer..

• Gold Member
Just now, Edmo said:

Every time I have to put a phone number down for something my phone starts ringing off the hook. These companies are so quick to sell your info nowadays. I started putting down a fake number now and the calls have mostly stopped. Hmmmm.

I always give my asshole brother's number for those times! :lol:

The number comes across my TV and phones caller ID as ------------ it's very weird.

I have phones which allow you to store 250 blocked numbers, anything I enter in there never rings here when they try..so far I have 44 numbers..works great.

I never answer #'s i dont know. But recently i have noticed that telemarketers are calling me from a local # but they are out of state. They must buy local #'s to trick people to answering. sneaky bastards. 

Just now, Anler said:

I never answer #'s i dont know. But recently i have noticed that telemarketers are calling me from a local # but they are out of state. They must buy local #'s to trick people to answering. sneaky bastards. 

Yes something's going on, I called that number using *67 first, they still know it's me somehow.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I noticed that too, but I was in the phone business for years so I know all the tricks. It's called an fx (foreign exchange) and allows companies to make calls as if they were local.