Forklift/Equipment

Garth

I'm looking for a used 5k or bigger Forklift, Diesel or LPG. Outdoor with some indoor use. 16' mast min. Any tips on finding these things? I'm sure there's auctions out there but I have zero experience in that dept. 

Also interested in a skid steer should the right deal come along mainly just for maintaining 1/2 acre gravel yard maybe bring on the odd jobsite. As an alternate, are skidsteer with forks any good? Imagine it's fairly limited compared to a dedicated forklift esp with reach? I do have a 5k lpg indoor lift now but 11' reach sucks in warehouse with 30' ceiling.

1 hour ago, Garth said:

I'm looking for a used 5k or bigger Forklift, Diesel or LPG. Outdoor with some indoor use. 16' mast min. Any tips on finding these things? I'm sure there's auctions out there but I have zero experience in that dept. 

Also interested in a skid steer should the right deal come along mainly just for maintaining 1/2 acre gravel yard maybe bring on the odd jobsite. As an alternate, are skidsteer with forks any good? Imagine it's fairly limited compared to a dedicated forklift esp with reach? I do have a 5k lpg indoor lift now but 11' reach sucks in warehouse with 30' ceiling.

Budget plays a big part and lots of forklift salesmen out there.

Most Skid steer is not going to lift 5,000lbs up 11 feet.  

I might know of a Yale 5,000lbs for sale.  Older.  Okay shape.

• Like 1

I've had the forklift salesmen in my boardroom..

Budget depends on what it is let's say what can I get for 10k? This  machine will see 5-10 hr of use per week max, 9 months of the year. This is why I think used is better for my application. 

How high can a skidsteer lift say 2.5k?  I wanted 5k min regarding forklifts just for the size of the machine not so much because I'd actually be lifting 5k often.

Where is the Yale?

I have an old Hyster right now, gets it done indoors but limited height and I really need it to be able to run on the recycled concrete in the yard.

Yale is in Aurora. I will check on status for you tomorrow.

Finding a good used yard lift is tough.  We just found a used 6,000lbs Clark.  Alright condition. Couple little issues.  Paid $8,600 i think.

Try Roger at Xperquip in Brantford.  He might have something.

• Like 1

Thanks Stevie but that Townoter is an indoor only unit. I actually bought the one I have now off kijiji 2 min from my shop!

Puzzle that us a tall order but we're not talking your average kijiji'r here..

That junkyard one has been on there since he took that pic last summer..

2 minutes ago, Garth said:

Thanks Stevie but that Townoter is an indoor only unit. I actually bought the one I have now off kijiji 2 min from my shop!

Puzzle that us a tall order but we're not talking your average kijiji'r here..

That junkyard one has been on there since he took that pic last summer..

Good condition Caterpillar 5000lb outdoor forklift on Kijiji http://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-equipment-machinery/ottawa/good-condition-caterpillar-5000lb-outdoor-forklift/1234296289

5 gs cash or 65 with bill 

51 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Yale is in Aurora. I will check on status for you tomorrow.

Finding a good used yard lift is tough.  We just found a used 6,000lbs Clark.  Alright condition. Couple little issues.  Paid $8,600 i think.

Try Roger at Xperquip in Brantford.  He might have something.

Appriaciate it. I have found most use them right up. How many hours did that Clark have on it at $8600?

There is a Linde Diesel in Midland with 18k hours on it. 

Edited by Garth

8 minutes ago, Garth said:

Appriaciate it. I have found most use them right up. How many hours did that Clark have on it at $8600?

There is a Linde Diesel in Midland with 18k hours on it. 

It was  Under 5,000 i believe.  I dont remember.

I found it by accident while looking at a yard ramp he has for sale.  Saw the forklift as they brought it in.   

Watch for the unknown auctions.  I missed a good looking 18,000lbs off road forklift that sold for $17,000.00CAD.  We couldnt get logged on site to bid.

14 minutes ago, Garth said:

Figures.. Is that an auction yard? 

Ritchie Bros is big auction house.  Lots of buyers so deals can be tough.  

Check the one i sent you.  No idea on condition but not a well known auction so less buyers.  

3 minutes ago, Garth said:

Barrie

The sold prices on the Ritchie bros site; is that the total cost or is there a bunch of fees added on top?

There is auction premiums.  They will be outlined when you sign up.

The link i sent shows price at $3,800USD plus a 15% buyers premium.   So $5,050CAD plus $700CAD premium.

Auctions are great places to find deals if your careful in what you buy and dont get caught up in being winning bid.  It happens.

Hey Garth,

Market is so busy now you will be hard pressed to find a deal. I've had a few contractors offering to rent mine for some decent money because they can't find any.

Just sold my straight mast lift king for 7k is that something your looking for? A shit box telehandler is fetching big money right now.

Dollar sucks now but I bought a few from the states when the market went tits up in 08.

Try Stanmore,  Torcan, Finnish line, Melo, Tovel for used rough terrain forks. Drop me a line if that's what you want my diesel mechanic may know of one.

P.S I'm the framer you bought the SLP's from. Provided your the Garth who did Richards Oakville house a few years back?

JohnnyB

Johnny I just used those skis for the first time a couple weeks ago..

For the forklift I'm not looking for off road construction site type just something to use at the shop but it has to be able to travel on gravel. Any of those shops deal in this type of machine? I do rent booms from Torcan periodically so I'm familiar with them.

Torcan does every kind of lift, they are pretty big.

Stanmore may be of some help, not positive. They are in Goodwood.

The others are strictly rough terrain.

How those skis work on the polaris?

Do you find the axys needs some help on the front end?

I'm looking at polaris now, Imo they are the best ride.  Suited me to a tee

On Wednesday, March 01, 2017 at 9:58 AM, JohnnyB said:

Torcan does every kind of lift, they are pretty big.

Stanmore may be of some help, not positive. They are in Goodwood.

The others are strictly rough terrain.

How those skis work on the polaris?

Do you find the axys needs some help on the front end?

I'm looking at polaris now, Imo they are the best ride.  Suited me to a tee

Polaris has the front end dialed on the Axys. I like the SLT skis, they have just enough predictable push to not be heavy steering but still drive er in deep. The stock skis are very good as well really (Way better than pre 2013 skis) I just have so many pairs of aftermarket skis gotta try em.)