Trump may call for immigration bill in speech to Congress, NBC reports

Interesting, this could be a pivot or maybe not.

Trump may call for immigration bill in speech to Congress, NBC reports

President Donald Trump may call for a compromise immigration bill in his speech Tuesday night before a joint session of Congress, NBC News reported, citing a senior White House official.

It is not clear what exactly Trump would want to see in that bill. But he has started to seek a crackdown on illegal immigration through his actions as president so far with moves many Democrats have slammed.

"The time is right for an immigration bill if both sides are willing to compromise," a senior White House official said.

Trump decried illegal immigration on the campaign trail and in the early days of his presidency, arguing it reduces economic opportunity for Americans and increases crime. He has signed orders directing the construction of a wall on the United States-Mexico border and the hiring of more federal agents for immigration enforcement.

Previous efforts for an immigration compromise bill that would offer undocumented immigrants a path to citizenship have stalled in Congress.

Trump's call for a bill Tuesday would come ahead of his expected Wednesday signing of a new executive order restricting travel from seven Muslim-majority countries due to terrorism concerns. Federal courts suspended a previous version of the order, which prompted nationwide confusion and criticism from many Democrats and civil rights groups

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-may-call-for-immigration-bill-in-speech-to-congress-nbc-reports/ar-AAnE2GB

that office does have a way of changing a man. i don't think any of us can appreciate the pressure of that job. if he's willing to compromise on this i might find myself supporting some of what he's about. 

• Like 1

He's in the hospitality business as is his good friend Sheldon Adelson, a hotel cannot operate with a back of the house that isn't fully staffed, then there are the meat packing plants in the heart of red counties, many industries are already experiencing absenteeism due to people who are afraid to come to work.

I'm thinking Trump will speak about a plan that offers a path to citizenship, but I could be wrong :news: