2013 AC 800RR

• Platinum Contributing Member

One of these for sale locally and wondering if anybody has owned, rode or knows anything about them. Starting to realize that most of my future riding is going to be more trail and xcountry oriented rather than in the deeper stuff so looking at this sled or SnoPro 600 XC. I know what the spec sheets say just looking for some insight. :bc:

Edited by Biggie Smails

I have only ridden the turbo rr for a long period of time. It was awesome and the shock package reminded me of the xrs....probably the only cat i wouldve considered ever buying before.

• Like 1

Just now, Kev144 said:

I'd probably avoid Jim. The 2012-13 procross was the fusion of this decade.  Blown belts, Jack shafts, motor mounts on turbos etc.   List goes on.  Look for a 14+ much better 

Sound advice....still have a thing for a 2015 SnoPro 600XC with the CTEC motor.

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

You're getting the 800

correct?

Thats the plan. Absolutely love that sled. The 800 has some pretty hairy nuts but i heard the 600 is pretty bad ass too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I'd probably avoid Jim. The 2012-13 procross was the fusion of this decade.  Blown belts, Jack shafts, motor mounts on turbos etc.   List goes on.  Look for a 14+ much better 

The 800s didnt have the problems the turbos did....clutch updates and jackshaft tunnel problems should all have been addressed if previous owner did them....most have been good since.

Just now, Dave said:

The 800s didnt have the problems the turbos did....clutch updates and jackshaft tunnel problems should all have been addressed if previous owner did them....most have been good since.

Agreed but the big fin clutch update is a band aide at best. It doesn't resolve the problem just lowers the odds. 

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

I have personally witnessed some belt blowage on Cat 800's :news: I think there is an inherent defect in the chassis design of the procross that makes clutching them a chore. Maybe Yamaha figured it out but Cat had to hire team to help and it still isnt all sunshine and roses IMO. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I have personally witnessed some belt blowage on Cat 800's :news: I think there is an inherent defect in the chassis design of the procross that makes clutching them a chore. Maybe Yamaha figured it out but Cat had to hire team to help and it still isnt all sunshine and roses IMO. 

I have seen a shitload of doos blowbelts in the mountains....and cats didnt. What now?

That's my sled.  I love it.  But I've also added quite a few things to it.  It's shocks are valved the same as the racers though so, it's a rough one if all you want to do is "tootle around".  Also has the same skid as the racer.  These are some of He reasons I bought he 13 though.

IMG_1669.JPG

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's my sled.  I love it.  But I've also added quite a few things to it.  It's shocks are valved the same as the racers though so, it's a rough one if all you want to do is "tootle around".  Also has the same skid as the racer.  These are some of He reasons I bought he 13 though.

IMG_1669.JPG

What would you pay for one in good shape with almost 4000 miles?

https://nmi.craigslist.org/snw/6022307871.html

Edited by Biggie Smails

10 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

What would you pay for one in good shape with almost 4000 miles?

https://nmi.craigslist.org/snw/6022307871.html

You dont see many rr for sale here in nookland buts thats usually around what they go for.....and thats cdn money...sure you have some dreamers asking 5digits...but mostly in the 6s and 7s

Edited by Dave

I have a 13 with almost 5k on it I bought new. The 12 was the tunnel issue,  13 is same tunnel as new one. If the clutch and venting updates are done you should be good. Not sure I'd buy a sled with 4K on it though. I'd look for a newer one. They got better over the years, although mine has had very few issues.

I think snake has a 13 also with big miles. Not all of them were junk.

:bc: 

• Like 2