Trump Blames SEALs Death On Military: They Lost Ryan

Link to tweet

President Donald Trump on Tuesday dodged responsibility for a botched mission he ordered in Yemen last month, placing the onus on the military and Barack Obama’s administration instead.

Bill Owens, the father of Chief Petty Officer William “Ryan” Owens, the Navy SEAL who died in the operation, demanded an investigation into his son’s death over the weekend. Owens further revealed he couldn’t bear to meet Trump at the airport as Ryan’s casket was carried off the military plane last month.

Asked about the matter during an interview with Fox News’ “Fox ‘n’ Friends,” Trump repeatedly said “they” were responsible for the outcome of the mission, in reference to the military.

“This was a mission that was started before I got here. This was something they wanted to do,” he said. “They came to me, they explained what they wanted to do ― the generals ― who are very respected, my generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.

“I can understand people saying that. I’d feel ― ‘What’s worse?’ There’s nothing worse,” he added. “This was something that they were looking at for a long time doing, and according to Defense Secretary Jim Mattis it was a very successful mission. They got tremendous amounts of information.”

read: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-ryan-owens-seal-raid_us_58b58852e4b0780bac2d58c6?l4u6jemi

Link to tweet

• Platinum Contributing Member

“This was a mission that was started before I got here. This was something they wanted to do,” he said. “They came to me, they explained what they wanted to do ― the generals ― who are very respected, my generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.

:news:

In the end though, he shouldn't be pushing the blame off on anyone. They all were a part of it

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:news:

In the end though, he shouldn't be pushing the blame off on anyone. They all were a part of it

Trump gave the order, he owns it sorry and any decent leader would take responsibility for his decisions.  He could have said "no"

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

Trump gave the order, he owns it sorry and any decent leader would take responsibility for his decisions.  He could have said "no"

They all own it!

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

They all own it!

Why does Obama own any of it?  The military came up with the mission and Obama's only part in this was to say "no" unless you think that Obama sat around with the Generals planning out a Yemen raid....lmao!  Duhhhhh

:lmao:

Trump said yes.  It's on him.  Period.

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

Why does Obama own any of it?  The military came up with the mission and Obama's only part in this was to say "no" unless you think that Obama sat around with the Generals planning out a Yemen raid....lmao!  Duhhhhh

Trump said yes.  It's on him.  Period.

Holy shit.....Where did I say anything about Obama? Don't let your extreme bias show so quickly FFS

I posted a quote from the OP and you got all chapped ass. Trump approved what the military had been wanting to do for some time now. THEY all own it! THEY all put soldiers in harms way! THEY all are responsible for it!

THEY = Trump and the military....Not Obama you triggered twat

Just now, Snoslinger said:

one thing for sure...had this mission been a huge success w/no losses, there'd be no mention of obama, or "we". it'd be all "I".

Nobody knows more about successful mission then the Trumpster...nobody :lol:

I wonder what formal generals, who've served in the last several decades, think about trump's remarks about him having "the best generals in decades". this guy certainly knows how to make enemies, which will be his demise.  soon, hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Holy shit.....Where did I say anything about Obama? Don't let your extreme bias show so quickly FFS

I posted a quote from the OP and you got all chapped ass. Trump approved what the military had been wanting to do for some time now. THEY all own it! THEY all put soldiers in harms way! THEY all are responsible for it!

THEY = Trump and the military....Not Obama you triggered twat

Oh yea, where oh where would I possibly come up with the idea that Obama was being discussed here....hmmmmmm......fucking duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:lol:

"President Donald Trump on Tuesday dodged responsibility for a botched mission he ordered in Yemen last month, placing the onus on the military and Barack Obama’s administration instead."

19 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

And the rules of engagament magically changed January 20th. :lmao:

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

one thing for sure...had this mission been a huge success w/no losses, there'd be no mention of obama, or "we". it'd be all "I".

60990918.jpg

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I wonder what formal generals, who've served in the last several decades, think about trump's remarks about him having "the best generals in decades". this guy certainly knows how to make enemies, which will be his demise.  soon, hopefully.

The same way I feel when he say we Will have the best military again; proud.

You really couldn't have a demographic as much misunderstood as you and the military.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

And the rules of engagament magically changed January 20th. :lmao:

60990918.jpg

The same way I feel when he say we Will have the best military again; proud.

You really couldn't have a demographic as much misunderstood as you and the military.

you're saying that because you probably consider the military great when you were in, but when Obama took over it turned bad. let me ask you this - if you had been a great UPS driver for 10 years under manager A, then manager B comes in, fires you and hires driver C, then states they now have the best driver they've had in decades...

you wouldn't be pissed?

proud :lol:

paleeeeeezzzzz

Edited by Snoslinger

6 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Oh yea, where oh where would I possibly come up with the idea that Obama was being discussed here....hmmmmmm......fucking duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:lol:

"President Donald Trump on Tuesday dodged responsibility for a botched mission he ordered in Yemen last month, placing the onus on the military and Barack Obama’s administration instead."

Great so take it up with someone else then moron. Nowhere did I mention anything about Obama now fuck off with your whiney shit and your 10 year old antics. Read my posts again slowly or have them read to you be someone competent

Just now, Snoslinger said:

you're saying that because you probably consider the military great when you were in, but when Obama took over it turned bad. let me ask you this - if you had been a great UPS driver for 10 years under manager A, then manager B comes in, fires you and hires driver C, then states they now have the best driver they've had in decades...

you wouldn't be pissed?

paleeeeeezzzzz

I can't be fired.

I'm union. :news:

3815395+_cfc312d060decfcb0019a35185944a6

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

i'll take that as a "yes"

First of all.. I'm a GREAT driver. 28 years. If I got fired, I would deserve it.

Second of all, again, you are dealing in strawmen and highly unlikely scenarios to push some kind of alternate reality only you can see.

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Great so take it up with someone else then moron. Nowhere did I mention anything about Obama now fuck off with your whiney shit and your 10 year old antics. Read my posts again slowly or have them read to you be someone competent

Well the topic was Obama, so if you weren't including him in your collective "they are all responsible" comments, you should have said so.  We can't read your mind you dumbfuck.  Go back to sleep you moron.

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

Well the topic was Obama, so if you weren't including him in your collective "they are all responsible" comments, you should have said so.  We can't read your mind you dumbfuck.  Go back to sleep you moron.

I don't see Obama's name in there? Who is president now? Who did the military go to for this? Who agreed to it? Who planned it?

You can't read my mind or my posts apparently :news: 

Post again and dig yourself a deeper hole :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

First of all.. I'm a GREAT driver. 28 years. If I got fired, I would deserve it.

Second of all, again, you are dealing in strawmen and highly unlikely scenarios to push some kind of alternate reality only you can see.

highly unlikely scenarios? :lol: