lock him up, lock him up

remember me telling you clowns you'd have to be some kind of stupid to think that gov employees don't communicate "illegally" in this day and age, with all the electronic "gadgetry" available?

WASHINGTON — Environmental Protection Agency administrator Scott Pruitt occasionally used private email to communicate with staff while serving as Oklahoma's attorney general, despite telling Congress that he had always used a state email account for government business.

A review of Pruitt emails obtained by The Associated Press through a public records request showed a 2014 exchange where the Republican emailed a member of his staff using a personal Apple email account.

Emails released under court order last week in response to a different public records request yielded additional examples where emails were addressed to Pruitt's private account, including a 2013 exchange with a petroleum industry lobbyist who emailed Pruitt and a lawyer on the attorney general's staff. That suggests Pruitt made his private email address available to professional contacts outside his office.

It is not illegal in Oklahoma for public officials to use private email as long as they are retained and made available as public records. Pruitt's use of the private account appears to directly contradict statements he made last month as part of his Senate confirmation.

In a written questionnaire, Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., asked Pruitt whether he had ever conducted state business using personal email accounts. Pruitt responded: "I use only my official OAG email address and government issued phone to conduct official business."

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., later followed up with Pruitt on the issue when he testified Jan. 18 before the Senate Energy and Public Works Committee. The senator asked why an email address with the Apple address me.com was listed on a form as one of his business contacts.

"The 'me' address is not a business email address," Pruitt responded. "I am not sure why it was designated as such."

Pruitt did not respond Monday to emails sent to his EPA staff seeking comment.

Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., said the issue raises questions about Pruitt's credibility.

"Now that he is in charge of protecting clean air and water in every community across the country, the public must decide for themselves whether they can trust Pruitt when he can't even be honest about his email or his ties to the oil and gas industry," Wyden said Monday.

AP and other news organizations reported last week that 7,500 pages of emails released following a lawsuit filed by a left-leaning advocacy group showed Pruitt and his staff in Oklahoma coordinated closely on legal strategy with fossil-fuel companies and special interest groups working to undermine federal efforts to curb planet-warming carbon emissions.

The emails were released after an Oklahoma judge ruled that Pruitt had been illegally withholding his correspondence, which is public record under state law, for the last two years. Pruitt's Republican successor, new Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter, has appealed that ruling and is fighting to keep hundreds more withheld emails from public view. Hunter's spokesman, Lincoln Ferguson, did not return telephone and email messages on Monday seeking clarification on Pruitt's use of a private email or whether more messages to the Apple account were among those still being withheld.

Senate Democrats earlier this month sought to delay a vote on Pruitt's confirmation until after the requested emails were released. Republican leaders used their slim majority to confirm him to lead the federal agency he had frequently criticized and repeatedly sued during his six years as Oklahoma's attorney general.

Pruitt's use of private email was first reported earlier this month by FOX 25 television of Oklahoma City.

Senate environment committee chairman John Barrasso, R-Wy., declined to comment Monday about whether Pruitt was inaccurate in his testimony. Barrasso's spokesman, Mike Danylak, pointed to another exchange during Pruitt's testimony where he was asked whether he would use only government email to conduct business at EPA, so that his correspondence would be publicly available through the Freedom of Information Act.

"I really believe that public participation and transparency in rulemaking is very important," Pruitt responded.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/records-show-epas-pruitt-used-private-email-despite-denial/ar-AAnyNrJ?ocid=UE01DHP

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Ask the VP Pence why hes guarding his e-mails from when he was governor

Hey that's in the past and we need to focus on Trump now right? Right? You've said it countless times or does this juts apply to D's?

12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Ask the VP Pence why hes guarding his e-mails from when he was governor

I'll answer every question about emails you want, if you answer all my questions about email?

Ready?

Then, maybe we can work on getting THESE hidden gems out to the public. Transparency is transparency yes?

10. State senate papers. In the 2008 primary, Obama criticized Hillary Clinton for not releasing papers from her eight years as First Lady–but failed to produce any papers from his eight years in Springfield. “They could have been thrown out,” he said.

9. Academic transcripts. His supposed academic brilliance was a major selling point, but Obama (by his own admission) was a mediocre student. His GPA at Occidental was a B-plus at best, and his entering class at Columbia was weak. Can he prove his merit?

8. Book proposal. Obama’s literary agent claimed he was “born in Kenya“–for sixteen years. His original book proposal exists–biographer David Maraniss refers to it–and seems to have embellished other key details of his life. Yet it has never been released.

7. Medical records. In 2000, and again (briefly) in 2008, GOP presidential candidate Sen. John McCain released thousands of pages of his medical records. Obama, who had abused drugs and continued smoking, merely provided a one-page doctor’s note.

6. Small-dollar donors. In 2008, the McCain campaign released the names of donors who had contributed less than $200, though it was not required to do so. But the Obama campaign refused, amidst accusations it had accepted illegal foreign contributions.

5. The Khalidi tape. In 2003, Obama attended a party for his good friend, the radical Palestinian academic Rashid Khalidi. The event featured incendiary anti-Israel rhetoric. The LA Times broke the story, but has refused to release the tape–and so has Obama.

4. The real White House guest list. Touting its transparency, the Obama White House released its guest logs–but kept many visits secret, and moved meetings with lobbyists off-site. It also refused to confirm the identities of visitors like Bertha Lewis of ACORN.

3. Countless FOIA requests. The Obama administration has been described as “the worst” ever in complying with Freedom of Information Act requests for documents. It has also punished whistleblowers like David Walpin, who exposed cronyism in Americorps.

2. Health reform negotiations. Candidate Obama promised that health care reform negotiations would be televised on C-SPAN. Instead, there were back-room deals worth millions with lobbyists and legislators–the details of which are only beginning to emerge.

1. Fast and Furious documents. After months of stonewalling Congress, Attorney General Eric Holder asked President Obama to use executive privilege to conceal thousands of documents related to the deadly scandal–and Obama did just that.

18 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Hey that's in the past and we need to focus on Trump now right? Right? You've said it countless times or does this juts apply to D's?

why is it you rarely ever comment about topics not so favorable to the right, but have text diarrhea when it's the opposite?

Edited by Snoslinger

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

why is it you rarely ever comment about topics not so favorable to the right, but have text diarrhea when it's the opposite?

Your fascination with me and how your opinion of me changes depending of it's an odd or even numbered day is a little creepy. :news:

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

is pence current events? how about Pruitt? think much?

Triggered much?  :lmao:

How about you do me a favor....fuck off and put me on ignore then since your panties are in an endless wad over what I post. Thanks

Edited by Skidooski

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

is that a yes or no?

Yes anytime I say anything negative about a D you get triggered and whine about me not supporting the Dems.

Change your forum name to MC's White Knight already and be done with it

Edited by Skidooski

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

Then, maybe we can work on getting THESE hidden gems out to the public. Transparency is transparency yes?

10. State senate papers. In the 2008 primary, Obama criticized Hillary Clinton for not releasing papers from her eight years as First Lady–but failed to produce any papers from his eight years in Springfield. “They could have been thrown out,” he said.

9. Academic transcripts. His supposed academic brilliance was a major selling point, but Obama (by his own admission) was a mediocre student. His GPA at Occidental was a B-plus at best, and his entering class at Columbia was weak. Can he prove his merit?

8. Book proposal. Obama’s literary agent claimed he was “born in Kenya“–for sixteen years. His original book proposal exists–biographer David Maraniss refers to it–and seems to have embellished other key details of his life. Yet it has never been released.

7. Medical records. In 2000, and again (briefly) in 2008, GOP presidential candidate Sen. John McCain released thousands of pages of his medical records. Obama, who had abused drugs and continued smoking, merely provided a one-page doctor’s note.

6. Small-dollar donors. In 2008, the McCain campaign released the names of donors who had contributed less than $200, though it was not required to do so. But the Obama campaign refused, amidst accusations it had accepted illegal foreign contributions.

5. The Khalidi tape. In 2003, Obama attended a party for his good friend, the radical Palestinian academic Rashid Khalidi. The event featured incendiary anti-Israel rhetoric. The LA Times broke the story, but has refused to release the tape–and so has Obama.

4. The real White House guest list. Touting its transparency, the Obama White House released its guest logs–but kept many visits secret, and moved meetings with lobbyists off-site. It also refused to confirm the identities of visitors like Bertha Lewis of ACORN.

3. Countless FOIA requests. The Obama administration has been described as “the worst” ever in complying with Freedom of Information Act requests for documents. It has also punished whistleblowers like David Walpin, who exposed cronyism in Americorps.

2. Health reform negotiations. Candidate Obama promised that health care reform negotiations would be televised on C-SPAN. Instead, there were back-room deals worth millions with lobbyists and legislators–the details of which are only beginning to emerge.

1. Fast and Furious documents. After months of stonewalling Congress, Attorney General Eric Holder asked President Obama to use executive privilege to conceal thousands of documents related to the deadly scandal–and Obama did just that.

When the trials come up let me know OK?

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yes anytime I say anything negative about a D you get triggered and whine about me not supporting the Dems.

because you are one, and afraid to admit it and show support. the jokes about you being a repuke, when you can't grasp the obvious, are jokes.

btw the answer to the question is "yes, they are current events".

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

whiner

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

because you are one, and afraid to admit it and show support. the jokes about you being a repuke, when you can't grasp the obvious, are jokes.

btw the answer to the question is "yes, they are current events".

Lets see it's Tuesday so I'm a RWW in Slinger land. I'll mark this every other day shit down on the calendar so I'll know if you get all bent out of shape and triggered.  :thumb: 

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

whiner

Says they guy starting a half dozen or more Trump threads a day.

Right back to your double standards again :lmao:

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Calling out hypocrisy = bad.

not seeing Obama's transcripts isn't anywhere close to the same level as not seeing trump's tax returns. I don't give a shit about any potus' transcripts, never have, never will. same goes for many of those other fake outrages in your list.

8 hours ago, Skidooski said:

If not for double standards mainefag would no standards at all.

7 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Your double standards are endless and you're completely blind to them but I'm the mook for pointing this out. :lol: