I Was a Muslim in Trump's White House

Snake

In 2011, I was hired, straight out of college, to work at the White House and eventually the National Security Council. My job there was to promote and protect the best of what my country stands for. I am a hijab-wearing Muslim woman––I was the only hijabi in the West Wing––and the Obama administration always made me feel welcome and included.

Like most of my fellow American Muslims, I spent much of 2016 watching with consternation as Donald Trump vilified our community. Despite this––or because of it––I thought I should try to stay on the NSC staff during the Trump Administration, in order to give the new president and his aides a more nuanced view of Islam, and of America's Muslim citizens.

I lasted eight days.

Read it all... :lol:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/rumana-ahmed-trump/517521/

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

In 2011, I was hired, straight out of college, to work at the White House and eventually the National Security Council. My job there was to promote and protect the best of what my country stands for. I am a hijab-wearing Muslim woman––I was the only hijabi in the West Wing––and the Obama administration always made me feel welcome and included.

Like most of my fellow American Muslims, I spent much of 2016 watching with consternation as Donald Trump vilified our community. Despite this––or because of it––I thought I should try to stay on the NSC staff during the Trump Administration, in order to give the new president and his aides a more nuanced view of Islam, and of America's Muslim citizens.

I lasted eight days.

Read it all... :lol:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/rumana-ahmed-trump/517521/

Sounds like they lost a real asset. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Snake said:

I lasted eight days.

Does it perhaps sound like she had an agenda to push rather than just do her job?