No much new from Yamaha this year.

irv

If you are a member of AmSnow, they state the new suspension pieces found on the Apex only are only for spring orders and are only available this year. They claim, or guess, imo, that Yamaha is coming out with a whole new chassis next year???

I personally don't believe it as this was the year to do that, their 50th Anniversary. 

Edited by irv

8 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Heard rumours of a new bolt on torsional dampner..... I have 2 on order for my 75 AMC Pacer......

Those will chrome that Pacer right up!

Forgot to mention the reason for their thoughts on a brand new chassis. They said this was the last year for the Apex? I would assume that would include the Vector, and others as well? There will be no breath holding going on in this household however. 

I remember when those showed up at the sled show.  We were like, WTF, and the poor Yamaha rep was trying to explain it. 

17 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Heard rumours of a new bolt on torsional dampner..... I have 2 on order for my 75 AMC Pacer......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

I remember when those showed up at the sled show.  We were like, WTF, and the poor Yamaha rep was trying to explain it. 

Only the guys drinking the blue koolaid even attempted to understand that smoke and mirrors show.

3 hours ago, irv said:

Those will chrome that Pacer right up!

Forgot to mention the reason for their thoughts on a brand new chassis. They said this was the last year for the Apex? I would assume that would include the Vector, and others as well? There will be no breath holding going on in this household however. 

They still building the 1 ton? Gramaha been milkin' that thing out longer than a wedge Indy..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Garth said:

They still building the 1 ton? Gramaha been milkin' that thing out longer than a wedge Indy..

Not the 1 ton, that is long gone.

Apex, Vector, to name a couple, are the most reliable sleds on the snow today. They may lack in other areas, but they'll get you home more often than any other sled out there.

8677eeaacd666d7a914e331d5816c730.jpg

1 hour ago, irv said:

Not the 1 ton, that is long gone.

Apex, Vector, to name a couple, are the most reliable sleds on the snow today. They may lack in other areas, but they'll get you home more often than any other sled out there.

Other then over at TY....... Who else says that statement?....... You still own a 20 year old Polaris that hasn't let you down. When your Yamaha has reached that age and mileage..... Then make a fair comparison......

Sorry irv; to clairify, they were derived from the original 1 Ton and carried the key attributes along; namely tankishly high weight, bordem in operation and extremely high cost for what you are getting. I'm not sure I'd make in home on a Japan built Yamaha these days, would be likely to fall asleep and drive into a tree..

I have owned 8 Polari' over the last 15 years, they always "get me home" I live near the trail and ride ALOT, typically several thousand miles per season, how bout you?

21 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Other then over at TY....... Who else says that statement?....... You still own a 20 year old Polaris that hasn't let you down. When your Yamaha has reached that age and mileage..... Then make a fair comparison......

just sayin

30K.JPG

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Has or will Textron continue with the chassis/engine deal after 2018 ML ?

One would think there is a long term agreement previously in place. I hope For Yamaha sake that it does as the AC relasionship has breathed some much need life to their snow line.  Kinda like Yam got a younger GF!

44 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Ouch that kind of leaves a mark! 

one cracked w arm, one cracked rail, 3 sets of donuts. track at 16 k and another at 26 k. only tow was when the track blew off at 26 k.

i'll be 58 next week and have no interest in jumping my sled or riding off trail. Virtually all my riding is in the Dorset area, Apex is not the best handling sled I'l agree, but I find it very comfortable and can ride all day. Wife moved from a Vector to a Viper this year and does find it easier to ride. I haven't spent enough time on it myself to get comfortable on it. I've ridden with doo and poo and they have had some mysterious issue I must say. If I could justify a new ride every two or three years I would do it. Seems the doo and poo crowd can do that. I doubt it has anything to do with reliability though.

What year Apex? Dorset is a real nice area to ride.

I don't jump or off trail either, always buy 120" sleds and strictly trail ride. I do like to go new every 2-3 seasons now but wasn't always that way, spent many years riding old iron and keeping it running on miniscule budget.