Auto Rama. 2017

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

All ugly garbage

yeah cuz the other ford cars of the era all came with all around independent strut suspension and all around disks.

what kind of supposed car guy has no appreciation for the design and mechanicals the japs  brought to the table  not to mention the largest contribution QUALITY  control

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah cuz the other ford cars of the era all came with all around independent strut suspension and all around disks.

what kind of supposed car guy has no appreciation for the design and mechanicals the japs  brought to the table  not to mention the largest contribution QUALITY  control

:owned: again

could any old American iron come close to matching the reliability of the old Toyota 18r ? my 72celica was north of 300k when it went to the scrap yard then to 20r was unstoppable unlike anything ford could build in the mid 70s or 80s  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Ugly garbage 

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

no , I like the X ....none of the older imports appeal to me at all

WHAT KIND OF A SUPPOSED CAR GUY ARE YOU?!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

from a guy who buys snowmobiles lol

But I use my sleds and not sit and look at them. A lot of these cars get pushed around from show to show with well over 1000hp. They don't drive them because they don't want to scratch the 30k paint job.

Edited by Woodtick

I know . it is crazy what some guys dump in to this shit.

but hay if it is what u are in to have at it .

I have a bud who has a shit load of cars I don't know how he can go out buy a car have it shipped to his building and never drive it WTF . not just vintage but new cars .

If I buy something I plan on kicking the shit out of it and it be worth about 1/3 what I had to give for it

57 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I know . it is crazy what some guys dump in to this shit.

but hay if it is what u are in to have at it .

I have a bud who has a shit load of cars I don't know how he can go out buy a car have it shipped to his building and never drive it WTF . not just vintage but new cars .

If I buy something I plan on kicking the shit out of it and it be worth about 1/3 what I had to give for it

My buddy bought a 69 chevelle from a guy a few years back that was a show car. He got in it to drive it home and I swear the guy was going to cry. You can't drive this car on the street he says. He even offered to deliver it in his trailer! Fuck that.

Burning rubber the whole way home...

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Jesus.  What a bunch of nice vehicles fucked up.  The last car is pretty nice and looks good

You can't appreciate what has been done to those cars in a picture. It is a lot more than shiny paint & big rims.

Most can't in person.  Sections have been cut out of them, sections put in them, hand made panels and roofs. Custom hand fabricated frames. The last car was incredible in person. The bodywork was phenomenal on it. Look how the door fits.  Most people don't realize how poorly 50, 60 , 70's cars  were built. They are so used to seeing them restored beyond what they were when new.

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, Cold War said:

You can't appreciate what has been done to those cars in a picture. It is a lot more than shiny paint & big rims.

Most can't in person.  Sections have been cut out of them, sections put in them, hand made panels and roofs. Custom hand fabricated frames. The last car was incredible in person. The bodywork was phenomenal on it. Look how the door fits.  Most people don't realize how poorly 50, 60 , 70's cars  were built. They are so used to seeing them restored beyond what they were when new.

On all the cars, besides the bottom car and the flat black mopar looking car, I'm waiting for 50 or so midget clowns to start pouring out of them.  Great craftsmanship of course, but in the end they fucked them up.

51 minutes ago, dz246 said:

x2, on all of it.......

x3

47 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

oh I would be proud to pound the shit out of any of them

Problem is, most of them are trailer queens, that never even get started    Some of them have engines in them that don't even have any internals.  Fuck that

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

On all the cars, besides the bottom car and the flat black mopar looking car, I'm waiting for 50 or so midget clowns to start pouring out of them.  Great craftsmanship of course, but in the end they fucked them up.

They are like women. Ask 10 different guys  get 10 different opinions.  I don't care for the huge wheel craze.  Now it has just gotten crazy , ike you said, makes them look like clown cars. 

There were Harleys down there with front wheels so big they looked like those old fashioned bicycles you climbed up on and road with a top hat.