The Cheaters At The DNC Just Chose Divorce Over Marriage Counseling

The Cheaters At The DNC Just Chose Divorce Over Marriage Counseling

http://www.newslogue.com/debate/355

The DNC is like a husband who got caught cheating, and the question of who it would select for its Chairman was a question of whether it wanted to go to marriage counseling and sort things out, or if it was more the “Hey I got needs baby, if you got a problem with that there’s the door” kind of guy. Today, we received our answer.

At the DNC Winter Meeting in Atlanta, it took two rounds of votes for the Democratic National Committee to elect the establishment-endorsed former Labor Secretary Tom Perez over the Sanders-endorsed Congressman Keith Ellison by a margin of 235-200. According to The Young Turks, the DNC violated their own bylaws by not recording the votes.

So there you go. If you were surprised during the last election cycle to learn that the Democratic elites would rather lose to a Republican than win with a progressive, you must be truly stunned to learn that they’d rather collapse their entire party (the oldest political party in the world) by refusing to so much as throw progressives a single bone than retain party viability. Keith Ellison was far and away the front runner of the race for the first month of his candidacy, with heavy-hitting endorsements ranging from heroes of the left in Sanders and Elizabeth Warren to establishment stalwarts Chuck Schumer and Harry Reid, and then the Democratic establishment shoved Perez into the race with full-throated endorsements from the Obama administration. Which can only mean one of two things: (A) the Dem establishment feared that Ellison would not continue the DNC Chair tradition of stacking elections to favor pro-corporatism candidates, or (B) they are so aggressively opposed to any progressive influence in the party that they’re unwilling to give the left so much as a symbolic victory in the already pro-establishment Ellison.

bSyBNIH.png

Either way, it’s hard to imagine the Democratic party surviving much longer. It was already on its deathbed with losses in the White House, both congressional houses, governorships and state and local legislatures, and the fact that its organizing body chose to give its progressive base yet another middle finger by refusing to even let them have the middle-ground candidate who endorsed both Sanders andClinton means that their infection just went septic. 

Never before has the DNC Chair selection had so much attention placed upon it. This is not because the position suddenly became more powerful or influential, but because for the first time ever Americans are aware of how the Democratic establishment has been using that position to manipulate the results of Democratic primary races. Had Debbie Wasserman Schultz not been forced to work so hard and extend herself so far out of the shadows to shut down the insurgent Sanders campaign, very few people would care about the results of today’s election. But since we are now all acutely aware of how much damage Wasserman Schultz (who like Perez was also hand-picked for the position by the Obama administration) was capable of doing, we notice, and we care. 

meI28h3.jpg

The DNC Chairmanship has been the Democratic establishment’s secret weapon this entire time, so much so that it looks extremely likely that Obama personally cut a deal with former DNC chair Tim Kaine to install the Clinton attack poodle Wasserman Schultz in order to enable himself to choose a successor. They’ve been using the Chair to ensure that the Democratic party never, ever lives up to its platform and stays loyal to moneyed interests instead of voters this whole time.

The Democratic insiders were 100 percent aware that their decision would cost them dearly when they handed a decisive victory to the establishment candidate today. They have no illusions about Perez’s empty gesture motioning to giving the position of Deputy Chair to Ellison will make any difference in the eyes of their progressive base. They were 100 percent aware that their relationship with progressives was on thin ice already, and they could have opted for marriage counseling in electing Keith Ellison, which wouldn’t have undone the betrayal but could have begun the long process of healing the relationship. They opted for divorce instead.

So let’s pack our bags.

Just now, Ez ryder said:

Ellison oh how I wish it would have been that pile of shit. I was rooting for him hard

Nah, he would have been a glimmer of hope for those still clinging to the party. This is actually the best outcome for the left. Perez is the establishment in brown face.

10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

glimmer of hope ha ? don't know much about his papers published under in pen name ha ? OH how I was pulling for that pile of shit .

Ellison is no peach, that's for sure, but he was Bernie's pick so it would have looked like the party was listening to the Berniecrats.

I preferred Ronan. But I knew they'd never pick him. Not like I'm going back to that party anyway.

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Ellison is no peach, that's for sure, but he was Bernie's pick so it would have looked like the party was listening to the Berniecrats.

I preferred Ronan. But I knew they'd never pick him. Not like I'm going back to that party anyway.

The question the Dems have is will the big donors back the new guy? Ellison would have made the money dry up for sure. And really that is all that matters to the DNC.

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

The question the Dems have is will the big donors back the new guy? Ellison would have made the money dry up for sure. And really that is all that matters to the DNC.

Spot on. Just look at Pelosi. Dumb as a stump but she can make it rain for the Dems. Priorities...

2 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

The dems also lost touch with the common man in a big way. Stuff like thinking that tranny washrooms are more important than good jobs and affordable health care. 

Their whole viewpoint now is "whack".  No focus on middle America at all.  Just the "fringe" groups and immigrants.  Shit, they even left blacks behind this last election.  I'm telling you, I think a split may be forming.

The fact that either side thinks the fringe issues are worth fighting should clue someone in to the fact that wedge issues are meant to do nothing but keep us divided and the focus off all the other ways they are all fucking us dry

• Like 1