any wisconsin builders or contractors?

If it's going to be anything like MN, costs are going to continue to grow.  IMO, this Spring, extreme labor shortages (qualified labor) and demand for materials will make prices go up substantially.  Already seeing it here.  HOWEVER, this will also bring back a strong resale of existing housing stock.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If it's going to be anything like MN, costs are going to continue to grow.  IMO, this Spring, extreme labor shortages (qualified labor) and demand for materials will make prices go up substantially.  Already seeing it here.  HOWEVER, this will also bring back a strong resale of existing housing stock.

that's consistent with what i've been hearing locally. existing homes are such an amazing bargain right now. it feels like stealing.  

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What is the going $cost/sqft?  Here it's about $180, but that in nook coins.

Well, basic builder "spec homes" (slab or crawls space, basic fixtures, primered walls, no granite, marble or wood flooring) can still be had around $120/sq. ft. in N. Minnesota.  It can go lower depending on roof design (shoe boxes are cheap and easy to build).

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

that's consistent with what i've been hearing locally. existing homes are such an amazing bargain right now. it feels like stealing.  

Our local "brain trusts" here in Duluth now require an updated "mound" septic system if system is too old or fails inspection.  Sellers have to have amount set aside in escrow.  So, that and more over the hassle of it all, really cramped housing values last year, but this year, prices are going nuts.  There has been a huge shortage of housing in Duluth for a few years now.  Lots are being snatched up by contractors again.  My house, which I haven't even completed yet has me at close to about 80% ROI if I wanted to sell.  I'm also seeing a huge boom coming for Superior, WI (just a bridge away), due to lower taxes.

I could easily build nice slab homes under 80$ a foot in 2008 .....I bought the home I'm in right now for under 90$ a foot with an 1800' finished walk out and a 3 stall attached

Paying 100$ or more for non lakeshore right now is insane......in Wisconsin I would not build right now....plenty of places up north fit the bill for far less cash

This guy cant build them fast enough...He sold 35+ homes in the last 18 months. Has got atleast 15 homes coming out of the ground right now. Most homes are 1500-1700 sq ft...Prices are $180k-210k turn key includes lot. I had his father in law build me 2 homes in 2008-09...$149,900 & 159,900, 1600 s.f. each...Sold 3 houses in Elmhurst,il just before the meltdown in 2008 for between $300-$330.00 per sq ft...

http://www.c21affiliated.com/Property/WI/53563/MILTON/4799_Parkwood_Dr

http://tomforsterconstruction.com/existing/janesville/

Edited by SlugsOnSleds

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

looking a two bedroom with a small office space. 1500 square. conventional septic and and well...$140-170. 

Don't plan on getting much for that little per square foot. Especially if thats with everything included 

11 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Don't plan on getting much for that little per square foot. Especially if thats with everything included 

wisconsin is half the price of where you live ......I would never pay over 100$ per anywhere for anything less than lakeshore

• Gold Member

I just paid $140.67 a sq ft for a new build  in idaho .23 acres, all landscaping done and sprinklers in as well as all privacy fence in  2537 sq ft all one level.  Pretty good deal for the area considering everything is $150 sq/ft plus in this area.

Edited by BOHICA

46 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I just paid $140.67 a sq ft for a new build  in idaho .23 acres, all landscaping done and sprinklers in as well as all privacy fence in  2537 sq ft all one level.  Pretty good deal for the area considering everything is $150 sq/ft plus in this area.

turnkey with lot that isnt too bad

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

turnkey with lot that isnt too bad

Im super stoked as it will be typically 4 hours closer to work.  Super pumped not to have a single stair to deal with in the entire house.  Im pumped for the double ovens in the place and cooking on a gas cook top instead of electric.  Most things in the house are wifi connected as well which I will have fun fucking with.  Prolly be moving next month out of the shadow of the temple thank god (which is Joseph Smith in my old neighborhood)

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Im super stoked as it will be typically 4 hours closer to work.  Super pumped not to have a single stair to deal with in the entire house.  Im pumped for the double ovens in the place and cooking on a gas cook top instead of electric.  Most things in the house are wifi connected as well which I will have fun fucking with.  Prolly be moving next month out of the shadow of the temple thank god (which is Joseph Smith in my old neighborhood)

nice....good for you and congrats. Why no thread like Daieve style !?>>>

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, f7ben said:

nice....good for you and congrats. Why no thread like Daieve style !?>>>

Dave is one of a kind.  Wish he would show up around here.  He made the last place pretty interesting at times.  

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Dave is one of a kind.  Wish he would show up around here.  He made the last place pretty interesting at times.  

He is a massive fucking whipping boy on buttplug ......they are pretty fucking mean to him 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

What all did it include? 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He is a massive fucking whipping boy on buttplug ......they are pretty fucking mean to him 

:lol: he brings 99% of it on himself :lmao:

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That's not to bad.  Exterior isnt what I would pick, but to each their own.  

Mine was about $177/sqft , but I also did a lot of upgrades. Would have been well over $225/sqft if I would have had it done by a builder 

It will prolly be about a 5 year house if the market doesn't shit out.....  wife is going to school in Boise with the ultimate goal of being a nurse practioner....  prolly a three year deal is my guess. In our house shopping we were on the verge of getting a divorce numerous times I think.  Lol.  But we happened to look at a house that was prolly 200k out of our price range that we both liked really well.  So will end up building in the future is my guess possibly

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

curious to know where you see the cost of building a residential property is heading over the next 12 to 18 months....

Commodities like steel and copper have been on the rise since November.

6 Month Copper Prices - Copper Price Chart

http://www.infomine.com/ChartsAndData/GraphEngine.ashx?z=f&gf=110563.USD.lb&dr=6m