2017 Iron Dog

Puzzleboy

Yep.  Gonna be the shittiest win in ID history, for Cat, presumably.  These guys came in with an immense hour and 14 minute lead.  Why didn't they just penalize them the time that might have been saved (5 minutes, etc.)?  Something bigger is going on......

Would certainly suck for the team (and I don't care what brand they ride), with all that prep, money, and tough conditions of the race. 

Fuzzy must have called it in.  :)

https://www.thealaskalife.com/blog/2017-iron-dog-day-7-coverage/

Edited by Puzzleboy

The whole thing looks staged to me but who cares did that save them 1 hour and 14 min ? I can see if the distance between 1st and 2nd was was minutes or even seconds.  The worlds is full of full of whiners if I was second place that wouldn't feel like a win but I imagine the purse would make me not care ! Lol

Nowhere it the rules does it say you can bend them if you have a big lead.  It does suck for them to be disqualified but the rules are black and white and the participants must educate themselves on them. Knowing and following the rules of the race is part of the race.

3 minutes ago, bladefever said:

Rule # 1.Read and understand the rules

Rule # 2.Read and understand the rules

Rule # 3. Repeat rules #1 and #2

I dont know if they got assistance , they probably stopped for gas , and looks like a bunch of rednecks saw a broke down sled and said . " Hey Pa , there be a broke down sled , lets go there and try to rape them ..." 

It is Alaska ........

I don't think they were blatantly trying to gain an advantage in this case but these guys are very experienced in this race and should have known better. There will always be greater scrutiny on the frontrunners in any race.

I can't even imagine how tough this race would be on mind and body and this is when these type of mistakes happen unfortunately.

Agreed, but the rules are too vague as to what constitutes assistance.  And all teams do it; this one got photographed. 

Like I said, I could care less what brand they ride, I feel for the participants.  The amount of prep that goes into this must be immense. 

Not sure what whinning is exactly; we see your onslaught of the English language is still in full swing. 

Problem is, the rules are too vague.  And no, as the article states, this is a hollow win.  Even coming from behind 2 days ago, this team destroyed the field.  Some damn good riding. 

Even more puzzling, is how did those wimpy Ski-Doo bulkheads hold up to the toughest snowmobile race on the planet?  :lmao: Guido, how do you explain that?  You do realize the ID is not a groomed trail?

4 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Lots more stupid right there. Quit your whinning. Rules are rules. A win, is a win, is a win.

Edited by Puzzleboy

1 minute ago, Puzzleboy said:

Agreed, but the rules are too vague as to what constitutes assistance.  And all teams do it; this one got photographed. 

Like I said, I could care less what brand they ride, I feel for the participants.  The amount of prep that goes into this must be immense. 

Well, but the definition of the word "assistance" is pretty easy to understand.  They got popped....and that sucks but, those are the breaks and those are the rules.

Sucks to be them.

Well then, they're all guilty of assistance.  And as the article states, it isn't clear. 

Anybody who hands them a bottle of water, gas can, unscrews the cap, etc.  Why aren't they all disqualified then? 

Right...... only one photo surfaced.  Now I wonder who published that photo.....

Edited by Puzzleboy

Just now, Puzzleboy said:

Well then, they're all guilty of assistance.  And as the article states, it isn't clear. 

Anybody who hands them a bottle of water, gas can, unscrews the cap, etc.  Why aren't they all disqualified then? 

Right...... only one photo surfaced.  Now I wonder who published that photo.....

I just realized you were a Doo owner.  Got it.  :friends:

Like I said, I could care less what they ride.  This race is much more about planning, strategy, and riding than the sleds themselves (although obviously the sleds need to be tough).

Was the article also written by a Doo owner?  Lol  Seemed pretty impartial to me. 

And judging by 95% of the FB posts, most agree it was over the top. 

Not for long:

XPS.jpg

Edited by Puzzleboy

2017 infractions.  Check out the penalty for accepting repair parts, working on your sled in an un-authorized location, and taking a shortcut down the road.  Lol.  One hour and $400.

Something really stinks here. 

infractions.jpg.69050982d41ab53ac35130a1210f9b8a.jpg

They're not using it as an excuse. Other riders are simply saying, why isn't everyone therefore disqualified?  And unfortunately, the rules are flawed, if you read them. 

Lawsuits, sponsor trouble, and a new race on the horizon. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Again, it is 100% of the responsibility of the racer to know the rules.  "Other did it" is not an excuse.  And again, there is more to this I suspect.

3 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

They're not using it as an excuse. Other riders are simply saying, why isn't everyone therefore disqualified?  And unfortunately, the rules are flawed, if you read them. 

Lawsuits, sponsor trouble, and a new race on the horizon. 

I'm following two other threads so my "fuckery" in this one is limited.  So, you are saying that the officials have conspired to DQ team 8?

39 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Hey amazing Jason, have a read thru this, and come back on when you are done.

No wonder I haven,t owned a doo since 1998. Some guys seem to learn quicker than others.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1357754-cracked-bulkhead/page-20?hl=%2Bcracked+%2Bbulkhead#entry18759866

Edited by Frostynuts

Can't speak as to the motivation.  Just surprising, is all.  We'll see what comes of it......

Just now, Zambroski said:

I'm following two other threads so my "fuckery" in this one is limited.  So, you are saying that the officials have conspired to DQ team 8?