Republicans Out Of Step With U.S. Voters On Key Issues

Quinnipiac 2/23 - Republicans Out Of Step With U.S. Voters On Key Issues

Voters support 54 - 38 percent "renegotiating major trade deals with other countries, even if it means paying more for the products you buy" and support 87 - 10 percent increasing federal spending for roads, mass transit and other infrastructure, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh- pe-ack) University Poll finds.

But American voters oppose other measures:
62 - 31 percent against reducing taxes across the board, even if it increases the deficit;
51 - 38 percent against restarting the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines;
60 - 37 percent against building the wall on the Mexican border, with 65 - 33 percent against the wall if the U.S. must pay for it;
76 - 18 percent against lowering taxes on the wealthy;
50 - 43 percent against lowering taxes on businesses and corporations;
54 - 34 percent against removing regulations on businesses and corporations;
63 - 27 percent against removing specific regulations intended to combat climate change;
54 - 43 percent against repealing the Affordable Care Act.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2432

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Quinnipiac 2/23 - Republicans Out Of Step With U.S. Voters On Key Issues

Voters support 54 - 38 percent "renegotiating major trade deals with other countries, even if it means paying more for the products you buy" and support 87 - 10 percent increasing federal spending for roads, mass transit and other infrastructure, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh- pe-ack) University Poll finds.

But American voters oppose other measures:
62 - 31 percent against reducing taxes across the board, even if it increases the deficit;
51 - 38 percent against restarting the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines;
60 - 37 percent against building the wall on the Mexican border, with 65 - 33 percent against the wall if the U.S. must pay for it;
76 - 18 percent against lowering taxes on the wealthy;
50 - 43 percent against lowering taxes on businesses and corporations;
54 - 34 percent against removing regulations on businesses and corporations;
63 - 27 percent against removing specific regulations intended to combat climate change;
54 - 43 percent against repealing the Affordable Care Act.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2432

:lol:  

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

Wow

I'm surprised about the pipeline numbers 

I think its awesome you spend so much time discussing something that in reality has little to do with you.   Good choice dude. :lol:  

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Wow

I'm surprised about the pipeline numbers 

I'm surprised people still pay attention to polls.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/15/politics/poll-majority-of-americans-back-keystone-pipeline/

The 1,179-mile Canada-to-Texas pipeline is backed by 57% of the 1,011 Americans surveyed on Dec. 18-21. Just 28% oppose it, while 15% say they are unsure.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters now favor building the major oil pipeline from Canada to Texas, while 43% are opposed. 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm surprised people still pay attention to polls.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/15/politics/poll-majority-of-americans-back-keystone-pipeline/

The 1,179-mile Canada-to-Texas pipeline is backed by 57% of the 1,011 Americans surveyed on Dec. 18-21. Just 28% oppose it, while 15% say they are unsure.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters now favor building the major oil pipeline from Canada to Texas, while 43% are opposed. 

:lmao:

A poll from 2015?

puff and pass dude

24 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Kestone XL has everything to do with Canada

Duhhhhhh

I wasn't talking just about the XL pipeline you obtuse retard. 

20 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

:lmao:

A poll from 2015?

puff and pass dude

Ras poll was Jan 30th 2017.  Support down but majority still in favor.  

4 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Oh no, of course not! even though that's the subject we were discussing and the polls you linked were about the pipeline.

I've never been associated with anyone who has wasted as much time on things that generally don't relate to them as you.   I think its hilarious.  

The general post was about much more than just the xl pipeline.  

25 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I've never been associated with anyone who has wasted as much time on things that generally don't relate to them as you.   I think its hilarious.  

The general post was about much more than just the xl pipeline.  

Zzzzzz

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

Oh no, of course not! even though that's the subject we were discussing and the polls you linked were about the pipeline.

You run your piss flaps constantly about Trump even though you said yourself it has no effect on you and you don't care.

27 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Trump ran on a platform that includes mostly all those issue, voter remorse :lmao: they can vote again in 4 years :) 

2 years

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

You run your piss flaps constantly about Trump even though you said yourself it has no effect on you and you don't care.

I did?

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

He lies if he says it has no effect on him :guzzle: well he :lies: about everything so :dunno:

It's so easy to manipulate these poll results to say anything you want them to. I don't believe any of it. Rubbish...

Edited by Edmo

43 minutes ago, Edmo said:

It's so easy to manipulate these poll results to say anything you want them to. I don't believe any of it. Rubbish...

Yeah, but the democrats need something to try and keep their points relevant.  The fact that they don't hold a majority means nothing to them.