colorado just made little donny's shitlist

COLORADO SPRINGS -

Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper is speaking out against Donald Trump's immigration plan to deport millions who are in this country illegally when he takes office in January. The governor says many in that community are fearful about their future.

News5 spoke with people in Colorado Springs who are here legally, but worry that others might not have the same opportunities that they were given in America.

Noor Phillips worked alongside the U.S. military as a linguist in Iraq. She is here in America on a special immigrant visa, but she says she's considering leaving voluntarily.

"Right now if you ask me what I want to do in the near future, I would say I would love to find a job back in the middle east until these four years are over with," Phillips said. "I honestly felt safer living among the war than being here right now. We're nervous all the time."

Phillips said she felt a shift in the way she's treated here in the United States during election season because she is Muslim. She said she's worried President-elect Trump might change the laws before her citizenship is final.

"Am I ever going to be just a normal American citizen that has the same rights as anyone else?" she said.

Jeannett Simba came to the United States at the age of 19 from Rwanda. She's now an American citizen, but said she understands Noor's concerns.

"The newcomers are worried because they don't have the papers yet," Simba said. "They only have the beginning paper, so the next thing they go to apply for, hopefully they don't have a hard time."

Governor Hickenlooper said he supports securing the border and making sure that everyone has the right documentation, but that he doesn't want anyone to be fearful of deportation.

"There will not be any deportation force coming into the state of Colorado," Hickenlooper said. "We should give the President-elect some time to sort through what things he really meant when he was campaigning and what things were maybe hyperbole."

Simba said she still believes the American dream is for everyone.

"For me, who has been here 18 years, when I see them come I welcome them to let them know there's no fear here," she said. "I made it. You guys can make it too."

immigration.jpgimmigration.jpg

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Another sanctuary city big shit talking liberal pandering idiot! :lol:

Let's see how this works out.  Well, we know how but it's fun to see these idiots eat their words.

TRUMPY IS COMIN' FOR YA!

Trumpty Dumpty can't even get an executive order right. he's a vegetable head. 

9 hours ago, Momorider said:

:lol: criminals are worried they might be held accountable for crimes :nuts: 

It's sickening, liberals really believe there should be no consequence for alot of things. I think spin nut is jealous of Trump just because he has hair on his head, poor chrome dome.

48 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It's sickening, liberals really believe there should be no consequence for alot of things. I think spin nut is jealous of Trump just because he has hair on his head, poor chrome dome.

you have a thing for my head. cool. 

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Wouldn't me surprised :lol:"70 years old with a full head of real hair and look at me bald as a bowling ball" :lol2: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Wouldn't me surprised :lol:"70 years old with a full head of real hair and look at me bald as a bowling ball" :lol2:

For a man with so much money he sure has a fucked up head of hair.

12 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Another sanctuary city big shit talking liberal pandering idiot! :lol:

Let's see how this works out.  Well, we know how but it's fun to see these idiots eat their words.

TRUMPY IS COMIN' FOR YA!

Thank a liberal for causing this mess.  Their constant disregard for the law has made this possible.

Edited by racer254