Signs of desperation: Obama PACs Bus Protesters To GOP Town Halls

• Platinum Contributing Member

:crybaby:  New line drawn in the sand.   Using money raised for previous elections to discredit the new administration.   Little do they know they are protesting the people who put Trump in office, not just Trump.   This will only further the resolve of Trump supporters.  

Political action committees that fundraised for President Barrack Obama during the 2012 presidential election, bused protesters to Republican town hall events nationwide earlier in February, according to a Sunday report from The Washington Post.

Democrats nationwide continue to search for ways to oppose President Donald Trump after the 2016 election, and they are digging deep into funding from years ago. An unnamed pro-Obama super PAC organized protests at several town halls, going so far as busing protesters outside the member’s districts.

Since super PACS were legalized in the 2010 Citizens United Supreme Court decision, this marks the first time that money raised to elect one president was used to undermine another. The town hall protests largely opposed the executive order that limited travel from seven nations identified as potential sources of terrorism.

Former staffers of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and former President Bill Clinton are also pouncing on the opportunity. The Center for American Progress, operated by Clinton advisor Neera Tanden, worked with pro-Obama groups in February to encourage Democrats to oppose Republican lawmakers, including Reps. Jason Chaffetz and Dave Brat, at several town halls.

“What’s organizing people is that they’re fearing for the country they grew up in,” Tanden told the Post. “People are definitely seeing the purpose of working through the political process to oppose.”

It will take a sustained effort to keep voters motivated until the 2018 mid-term elections, especially considering the fact that neither Obama nor Clinton were able to motivate voters to the polls in November. Several groups that were largely assumed to drive votes for Democrats, like black or young female voters, either didn’t turn out to vote, or voted for Trump in larger numbers than early polling suggested.

Despite the united action by former staffers, the leadership of the Democratic party is split in a continued battle as the progressive wing fights the establishment for control. Nowhere is that fight more visible than in the election for chair of the Democratic National Convention.

Progressives like Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren back Rep. Keith Ellison for the chair, but former vice presidential candidate Tim Kaine openly endorsed former Labor Secretary Tom Perez. The traditional activist wing of the Democratic Party, the highly influential labor unions, remained divided on which candidate will better support their interests.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/12/obama-pacs-bus-protesters-to-gop-town-halls/#ixzz4ZXi43vVT

Political action committees that fundraised for President Barrack Obama during the 2012 presidential election, bused protesters to Republican town hall events nationwide earlier in February, according to a Sunday report from The Washington Post.

Any link to this Washington Post article?

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

Any link to this Washington Post article?

He dude you see the red "nationwide continue" letters.   It's a link dumbass. :lol:  Fuck you guys are brainwashed.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/a-gift-and-a-challenge-for-democrats-a-restive-active-and-aggressive-base/2017/02/11/e265dd44-efef-11e6-b4ff-ac2cf509efe5_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_resistance-7pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.2528385d8a6e

A super PAC formed to reelect Barack Obama in 2012 is driving activists to congressional town halls. Veterans of Bill Clinton’s administration are joining marches and plotting bigger ones for the spring. Democratic senators who had befriended Jeff Sessions in the Senate voted — 47 to 1 — against his nomination for attorney general.

Yeah, I was reading about all that shit yesterday.  Unbelievable.  Well, not really.  It's 100% believable.  Obama and his Libs are so proud of their whiney little coalitions of grievance groups.

I love that fucking phrase...props to "Driftbusta" again for that gem.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I was reading about all that shit yesterday.  Unbelievable.  Well, not really.  It's 100% believable.  Obama and his Libs are so proud of their whiney little coalitions of grievance groups.

I love that fucking phrase...props to "Driftbusta" again for that gem.

Well you know how conservative the Post is after endorsing Obama then Clinton in 2016. :lol:   Fucking owned of the day on Ice, MC and Spin.   You think these idiots would have learned by now I do my research.  I don't pedal DU like hackery like them. 

Edited by Highmark

I urge people to do a little digging on the net, the dem party will eat their own in the upcoming U.S. club senate / U.S. house  races. The party elite'$ has told the seat holders to tow the party line or face funding doom / primary challengers, red states be dammed . The G.O.P. also has in place a  massive funded operation to astro turf the 2018 dem  party election.

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well you know how conservative the Post is after endorsing Obama then Clinton in 2016. :lol:   Fucking owned of the day on Ice, MC and Spin.   You think these idiots would have learned by now I do my research.  I don't pedal DU like hackery like them. 

:lmao:

"A super PAC formed to reelect Barack Obama in 2012 is driving activists to congressional town halls."

thats all thst that link says...no details, nothing about buses, nothing about people from out of the area...

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

the daily caller. :lol: 

How about it :lol:

I still trust the conservative WSJ, of course they see it different than the DC :lol:

America's Rowdy Town Halls: More Organic Than Organized

The Wall Street Journal.

WATCHUNG, N.J.—A civic group, formed by a dozen friends after the election, prepared questions for a town-hall meeting hosted this week by U.S. Rep. Leonard Lance, a Republican who has served five terms in this affluent stretch of New Jersey.

Over strawberries and pretzels, members of the Voters of WatchungHills—one of dozens of similar groups that have sprouted in the state—debated how best to challenge Mr. Lance over GOP plans to dismantle the health-care law, and Russia’s alleged interference in the presidential election.

The White House and prominent Republicans have largely dismissed the noisy eruption of civic activism at town-hall meetings across the U.S. as the work of professional organizers and paid activists, partly because MoveOn and other liberal groups have offered help.

Interviews by The Wall Street Journal at Mr. Lance’s town hall and similar events across the U.S. suggest otherwise. Many participants were first-timers who echo in passion, though not in politics, the people who emerged early in the tea-party movement in 2009, when unhappy voters banded together against what they saw as government overreach by the Obama administration.

Of about 40 voters interviewed Wednesday at Mr. Lance’s town hall, most said they had never participated in a town hall or any political activism and had only recently joined or started local groups. They shared an opposition to Trump administration positions, including on the health-care law, the environment and the stalled travel ban, and offer a warning sign for the Republican Party.

Paid organizers? “I wouldn’t even know how to find them,” said Margaret Illis, 55 years old, who was among the town-hall rookies. She said her 23-year-old son taught her how to use Twitter so she could follow Mr. Trump’s tweets.

A mother of four from Berkeley Heights, N.J., Ms. Illis had discussed the presidential election online through Facebook groups such as Pantsuit Nation, which supported Hillary Clinton. Mr. Trump’s election prompted her to launch her own group, NJ7 Forward, she said, with about 20 people from Mr. Lance’s congressional district. It exists largely as a Facebook group of about 800 that encourages people to call lawmakers and attend rallies.

“I’m just so not political. I’ve never been political,” said Ms. Illis, who has voted for Mr. Lance. “I taught my kids values, and I vote every time, but that was it.”

Hours before Mr. Lance’s town hall, about a dozen people gathered to practice their questions at the home of Stuart Homer, a physician who described himself as a Democrat who has voted Republican. He is co-founder of Voters of WatchungHills, which grew from a conversation at a local synagogue to a dozen members at its first meeting to more than 60 now.

Wendy Robinson, another co-founder, is a registered Republican.

“We need to set an example for Congress: ‘This is how you guys should be working it out,’” she said. “If we can get together and we can talk together and help solve policy issues, you should be able to as well.”

Similar grass-roots efforts have emerged in Democratic strongholds on the coasts, as well as less likely spots in Utah, South Carolina and Watchung, a leafy, upscale community in central New Jersey that has been long been a Republican stronghold.

Several state and national groups are working to connect these new activists online. They publicize meetings and events, and host online seminars on ways to influence members of Congress.

Some are new, such as Indivisibles, which was formed late last year by former congressional Democratic staff members in the wake of Mr. Trump’s election. Others include such established liberal groups as MoveOn, Organizing for Action and Planned Parenthood, which seek to preserve the health-care law and derail Mr. Trump’s legislative agenda.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said Wednesday some of the new voter energy was driven by the “professional protester manufactured base.” He acknowledged that many Americans were upset.

Democrats also looked skeptically at protests early in the first term of President Barack Obama. “This initiative is funded by the high-end. We call it AstroTurf—it’s not really a grass-roots movement,’’ said then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. “It’s AstroTurf by some of the wealthiest people in America to keep the focus on tax cuts for the rich.’’

Robert Gibbs, the White House spokesman at the time, said one group “bragged about organizing and manufacturing” the anger by constituents at congressional town hall meetings.

Democrats were late to recognizing voter anger at Mr. Obama, and the electoral wave that later seized the House from their control in 2010.

Jason Pye, the director of public policy and legislative affairs at FreedomWorks, a conservative advocacy group that grew out of the 2009 protests, said the current movement is “an extension of the Clinton campaign more than anything else.” The tea-party movement, by contrast, evolved into party activists challenging Republicans deemed insufficiently conservative, he said.

Nonetheless, Republicans see the danger of a newly energized political opposition and are urging their party to step up to the challenge. “You’ve got to match the energy on the left with the energy from the right,” said Republican Gov. Sam Brownback of Kansas on Thursday at the annual meeting of the Conservative Political Action Conference, known as CPAC.

If the new liberal activism has a lasting political effect, it will probably be seen in districts such as Mr. Lance’s. He won re-election last year by 9 percentage points, but Mr. Trump lost by a single point to Mrs. Clinton here. That makes his district a target for Democrats in the 2018 congressional races.

Mr. Lance brushed off suggestions of political peril. “I don’t boast regarding these matters,” he said, “but I believe my views are the views of the majority of the residents of this congressional district.”

His 7th congressional district in New Jersey, like many others eyed by Democrats, is largely suburban with high incomes and high levels of education.

“A year ago I didn’t even know I lived in District 7,’’ said Beth Smith, a 59-year-old psychologist from Bedminster. N.J. “I’d go to vote, but I wouldn’t vote in small elections. But now I’m trying to learn about local government more, because I’m finding out that that’s more and more important.”

She wore a pink knitted hat, a symbol of the Women’s March in Washington last month, to Mr. Lance’s town hall on Wednesday.

Voters at other town halls told similar stories. On Virginia’s eastern shore, Lenore Hart Poyer and formed a group with other women they call their own version of Pantsuit Nation. Before a town hall hosted Wednesday by freshman Rep. Scott Taylor (R., Va.), the women studied videos of recent meetings.

“We noticed that what they had started doing was raising the colored signs—green for ‘We support,’ red for ‘Hell, no,’ “ said Ms. Poyer, a 63-year-old novelist. “We decided to adopt that.”

About 170 people showed up Wednesday to hear Mr. Taylor speak in Melfa, Va. Red signs flashed around the room like warning lights. The women’s group estimated that 35 of its members were there.

“The makeup of our town halls for the most part,” Mr. Taylor said, “are people who don’t support me.”

In New Jersey, more than 900 people showed up at a local community college auditorium Wednesday for Mr. Lance’s town hall. In the past, he would typically speak to fewer than 100. He fielded more than a dozen questions, along with a few boos and jeers.

Mr. Lance required audience members to verify that they were his constituents before they were given a ticket—another change from 2009. That left many people outside demonstrating.

“I don’t think they were paid,” the congressman said. “I think they came here in a manner of public spiritedness.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/americas-rowdy-town-halls-more-organic-than-organized/ar-AAnh1ux

8 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

"A super PAC formed to reelect Barack Obama in 2012 is driving activists to congressional town halls."

thats all thst that link says...no details, nothing about buses, nothing about people from out of the area...

So "driving to" can't mean actually taking them there?   :lol:  

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

How about it :lol:

I still trust the conservative WSJ, of course they see it different than the DC :lol:

Some congressman are not going to say much, others who are safer will.   In any case the vast majority are Clinton or Sanders supporters. :lol:  

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So "driving to" can't mean actually taking them there?   :lol:  

Some congressman are not going to say much, others who are safer will.   In any case the vast majority are Clinton or Sanders supporters. :lol:  

A map of who was helped the most by the ACA, I think congressional Republicans have an issue on their hands that they had not given much thought too, it was so easy when the black guy was in charge :news:  

obamacare-who-it-helps-1414534714312-vid

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/29/upshot/obamacare-who-was-helped-most.html?_r=0

From the Obama PAC. :lol:   Any bets I tell them I need a ride I can get one.  

https://my.ofa.us/page/event/search_results?orderby=day&zip_radius[0]=52001&zip_radius[1]=250&country=US&radius_unit=mi

15 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

A map of who was helped the most by the ACA, I think congressional Republicans have an issue on their hands that they had not given much thought too, it was so easy when the black guy was in charge :news:  

obamacare-who-it-helps-1414534714312-vid

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/29/upshot/obamacare-who-was-helped-most.html?_r=0

It won't take much to improve the PPACA and I agree some parts of it must stay or they will hurt themselves.   Everything below I've heard of as a part of the GOP replacement.    

1. Keep in place Insurance Companies must take you.

2. Change the plan requirements so people/companies have a better selection of plans with less mandatory coverage.  Its crazy that a family with no history of mental illness must pay for coverage unless they want to.  Plan requirements are why the exchange prices/deductibles are so high.

3. Allow for more competition across state lines in insurance.

4. I'm against it but they can leave in place staying on your parents plan until 26.

5. Leave the no limit on insurance.   My carrier said so few go over the previous max its not a big cost driver.

6. Take away the ability to get insurance at any time.  Don't force the healthy to buy it but if you don't you will be expected to pay or go bankrupt.

7. Adjustments need to be made on who qualifies for Medicaid.   The means testing is now too high of income gets them on it.  More people can pay something into the system without going to UHC.

8. Negotiations with Pharmaceutical companies in return for some liability protection.

9. Need some sort of malpractice reform.

10. More doctors or reliance on Nurse Practitioners.  AMA needs to be reformed.

11. More incentives for coverage thru work even for part time workers.

12. Patients have to be somehow awarded for healthy lifestyle.

13. Massive reduction in the 10 thousand plus pages of regulations brought on by the ACA.

Edited by Highmark

The funny thing here is, it's not that the Libs are upset that their party is paying and instructing their loser fans how to interrupt these R town hall meetings.  They are mad because they wanted to believe the R party is falling apart and the Trump voters are turning on him. :lol:

Poor Lib-tards!

:wrong:

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The funny thing here is, it's not that the Libs are upset that their party is paying and instructing their loser fans how to interrupt these R town hall meetings.  They are mad because they wanted to believe the R party is falling apart and the Trump voters are turning on him. :lol:

Poor Lib-tards!

:wrong:

What's wrong with constituents showing up at their representative's town hall meeting and voicing their concerns?  That's called democracy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

What's wrong with constituents showing up at their representative's town hall meeting and voicing their concerns?  That's called democracy 

Nothing wrong with it at all.  If they could get a word in edge wise from all those loser liberals paid to be such a bunch of classless whiney pests, it'd be helpful.

But, obstruction, that's your new agenda.  We all get it.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Nothing wrong with it at all.  If they could get a word in edge wise from all those loser liberals paid to be such a bunch of classless whiney pests, it'd be helpful.

But, obstruction, that's your new agenda.  We all get it.

Nobody is paying anybody to be there, just like millions of people that marched in the women's march weren't paid, nor were any of the other protests.  It's a cute talking point though, so I'll give ya that, even though you guys stole it from the Democrats back when the Tea Party was kicking off.  

1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

Nobody is paying anybody to be there, just like millions of people that marched in the women's march weren't paid, nor were any of the other protests.  It's a cute talking point though, so I'll give ya that, even though you guys stole it from the Democrats back when the Tea Party was kicking off.  

Nope!  Already got "the skinny" on it all....but nobody is really surprised.  

2018! :lol:

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Lol!

1 minute ago, Sleepr2 said:

Lol!

No seriously!  The Republican Party is in shambles!  Trump due to be impeached Tuesday before lunch.  Voters for Trump regret it all and want a "re-do"!  The ACA is a perfectly viable and sustainable healthcare option and Rvoters now know that!

Hillary 2016!!!!!!!!!

wait a minute.......

:lol: