chris kyle and jesse ventura.

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The bod was a fine governor and great in person. He was 10x better than tpaw or the faggot we have now

i grew up south of the twin cities. jesse was the real deal. he would drop everything and show up at any fundraiser for kids in need of medical care or just about any good cause. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

i grew up south of the twin cities. jesse was the real deal. he would drop everything and show up at any fundraiser for kids in need of medical care or just about any good cause. 

Yup....good dude

1 hour ago, AKHighmark said:

You fucking morons say a lot of shit too. What have you fuckers done for your country other than piss and moan on obscure sled websites. 

I set good examples...

2 hours ago, AKHighmark said:

You fucking morons say a lot of shit too. What have you fuckers done for your country other than piss and moan on obscure sled websites. 

Oh, can I sit with this class and wait for some answers too?  I'll take notes......

IMG_1787.JPG

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, AKHighmark said:

I would never denigrate the military service of someone but what have any of the wars or general fuckery since WW2 done to keep us "free" and spare me the Lee Greewnwood narrative.

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I would never denigrate the military service of someone but what have any of the wars or general fuckery since WW2 done to keep us "free" and spare me the Lee Greewnwood narrative.

Well, there are actually a lot things that come from the benefits of war, but, even I can find them arguable and ponder the actual benefit sometimes.

However, our large military creates something of a collateral benefit many forget.  Many individuals that serve in the military bring greater intangible benefits to the citizenship and workforce after their service.  Even the Coast Guard veterans have something "extra" over a college grad or other non-veteran.  Not much....but some.

:lol:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Well, there are actually a lot things that come from the benefits of war, but, even I can find them arguable and ponder the actual benefit sometimes.

However, our large military creates something of a collateral benefit many forget.  Many individuals that serve in the military bring greater intangible benefits to the citizenship and workforce after their service.  Even the Coast Guard veterans have something "extra" over a college grad or other non-veteran.  Not much....but some.

:lol:

I agree with the collateral benefit but tell me what was accomplished by losing 50,000 young men in Vietnam?

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I agree with the collateral benefit but tell me what was accomplished by losing 50,000 young men in Vietnam?

There is the arguemental factor.  I can state some things that did benefit us as a nation.  But was it worth it?  Whew....I'd still have to argue with myself and say no.  10 years of deaths brought on by an administration too weak and tentative to end things with a "win".  Sounds all too familiar.

39 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

50,000 lost lives is a pittance compared to the suffering and cost to society since that "conflict" ended. 

55 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Worth it or not it did help stop the further spread of communism.   Don't kid yourself Afghanistan wasn't the only thing that bankrupt the former Soviet Union.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Worth it or not it did help stop the further spread of communism.   Don't kid yourself Afghanistan wasn't the only thing that bankrupt the former Soviet Union.  

No and WGAF anyhow....it was a devastating  and tragic quagmire that accomplished nothing.

Edited by Biggie Smails

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

No and WGAF anyhow....it was a devastating  and tragic quagmire.

I don't disagree it wasn't worth it.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I don't disagree it wasn't worth it.  

Ho Chi Minh was interested in Vietnamese independence....not spreading communism throughout SE Asia.

Edited by Biggie Smails

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Ho Chi Minh was interested in Vietnamese independence....not spreading communism throughout SE Asia.

China and Russia were.  Again not worth it but we knew going in we wouldn't be fighting just the Viet Cong, and North Vietnam.   We knew the North Korea, Khmer Rouge just to name a few would be involved.  America even more so than today had this notion that our boys needed to die for other peoples freedom from oppression and communism.  

Edited by Highmark

17 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Are you arguing with me or just adding? :lol:Cuz..that's kinda what I posted.

I do think he was assigned to a team after Vietnam but I know he never saw action there.

Ha, not arguing at all. Just adding that they were considered separate post BUDS while he was enlisted. As I understand it the UDT's and SEAL teams had different responsibilities before they were combined.

Im not an expert by any stretch but it interests me so I read up on it here and there.

I thought this was an interesting read.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/1999/dec/02/jesse-great-pretender-ventura/#

mcnamara believed the vietnam war did nothing to prevent the spread of communism. i agree with him. vietnam was a miserable waste of time, money, and lives. as for war building character in people..,,there's a thousand different methods to build a strong personal foundation. this thread is filled with so much hogwash i had to laugh. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

That doesnt even include the guys that got fucked up and poisoned with Agent orange and have been ill the entire rest of their lives. Vietnam affected everyone everywhere at the time. Bad bad bad. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

mcnamara believed the vietnam war did nothing to prevent the spread of communism. i agree with him. vietnam was a miserable waste of time, money, and lives. as for war building character in people..,,there's a thousand different methods to build a strong personal foundation. this thread is filled with so much hogwash i had to laugh. 

Not to mention that McNamara admitted that the Tonkin incident never happened. War was started over a lie. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, motonoggin said:

16427543_931609496975512_421740613169739003_n.jpg

Knowing that you are going for the fascist theme I think I should tell you that instead of using a Reichsadler over the Eye of Providence, a Parteiadler should have been used as it's looking over it's left wing keeping an eye on the enemy on the left :news:  

Symbolism, it's important :lol: 

2000px-Partei-_und_Reichsadler_des_Natio

• Like 1