MSNBC: "It's our job to control what people think."

• Gold Member
Just now, Snoslinger said:

she is talking about the lies coming out of the admin ya dingaling. it's their job to debunk them and present facts. holy fuck, use your god damn brain once in awhile.

The media, in general, seems to think its their job to push a narrative. Thats whats called controlling what people think, just as Mika said.

Now to be clear, I dont think MSNBC is the only one to do this. No media outlet is very good in my opinion.

• Platinum Contributing Member

I am deeply interested in the progress and elevation of journalism, having spent my life in that profession, regarding it as a noble profession and one of unequaled importance for its influence upon the minds and morals of the people. Joseph Pulitzer

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/joseph_pulitzer.html

24 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

dude, you're so full of shit. first off, like the vast majority of people, i don't receive news from cable news services. secondly, cable news has enjoyed a nice bump before, during, and since the election. if anything, this reality show president has been a gift to them. he's making the press afraid? lololol. what color is this world you guys live in? 

It's colored non-imbecilic liberal.  Filled with happiness and laughter....mostly at your sides expense. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

her point was that it's their job to present the facts and debunk the lies from the admin ya dingalings.

:lol:

I'm surprised some of you can actually make it through a whole day with your "logic"

Oh....THAT was her point. :lol:

You don't know what a "Freudian slip" is, do you?  

"Intellectually elite".

She said it EXACTLY the way she believes it, she just didn't mean to say it out loud.

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Whether your opinion is true or not, does not take away from the fact that his words ring true today.

Its not an opinion. Joseph Pulitzer and Randolph Hearst engaged in a competition to be the media mogul of their time.That competition is what lead to what is commonly called "Yellow Journalism." Yellow journalism is major contributing factor in the Spanish-American war. 

EDIT: I will concede though, his words, on their face, ring true. However considering his contribution to the media of today...fuck Pulitzer.

Edited by Kivalo

Just now, Kivalo said:

The media, in general, seems to think its their job to push a narrative. Thats whats called controlling what people think, just as Mika said.

Now to be clear, I dont think MSNBC is the only one to do this. No media outlet is very good in my opinion.

there is some truth to that in many cases, but that is not what myka is saying here.

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

she is talking about the lies coming out of the admin ya dingaling. it's their job to debunk them and present facts. holy fuck, use your god damn brain once in awhile.

You seem upset about all this? You don't like when the media slips up like this I take it  :news:

The fact is the "media" as we know it today are nothing more than corporations and legally they have the right to push any agenda they want based off the First Amendment.  What I laugh at is the denial by the news organizations.   How people cannot see this alone is why Citizens United was properly ruled is beyond me.  

What do we want the govt deciding what they should say?   That in itself is much more dangerous than what we have now.  The people decide (free market Moto) what they watch.  

Edited by Highmark

13 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

where did you find this little gem broski? breitbart? red state?

It's all over the web you clown.  And I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings (that's a lie). I don't give a fuck about you or people like you.  Nothing but whining, idiotic, head in the sand liberal trash.

Your liberal media is garbage, it's fake and misleading information with little or no truth to it at all.  Just opinions.  It's nothing more than tabloid news with only bits and pieces of facts (dates, times).  

Keep watching though, you'll eventually learn why your party will only exist in history books.  And why we will have a fucking one party system if nobody can step up and start resonating with the populace real soon.

You fucking people are a menace to America.  A disease that needs eradication.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's all over the web you clown.  And I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings (that's a lie). I don't give a fuck about you or people like you.  Nothing but whining, idiotic, head in the sand liberal trash.

Your liberal media is garbage, it's fake and misleading information with little or no truth to it at all.  Just opinions.  It's nothing more than tabloid news with only bits and pieces of facts (dates, times).  

Keep watching though, you'll eventually learn why your party will only exist in history books.  And why we will have a fucking one party system if nobody can step up and start resonating with the populace real soon.

You fucking people are a menace to America.  A disease that needs eradication.

says the dumb fuck who believes things like our relationship with mexico is "phenomenal", or that "we're mending relationships with UK and other European countries" because trumpy says so. you live in an alternative universe bud.

27 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

she also gets cut off before finishing her statement, and magically that is where the vid ends...

No she completed her point.   She did not get cut off.  

29 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

and at you taking yet another opportunity to jump on the rww bandwagon :lol:

Yes because me laughing at the media, especially CNN, means I'm jumping on the RWW bandwagon. Your tell for when you've got nothing but hot air and BS to spew is when you say I'm trying to impress the right wing wackos. :thumb:

Carry on Slinger  :lmao:

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

He's impossible.  Buffoonery at its finest of levels.  A "good librul".

I'd bet 95% of all media think its their job to "influence" their readers/watchers/listeners.   Its inherent to the profession.   Why does the left have such a hard time admitting it?   Even the most basic notion that they are there to inform is telling.  Journalists are people there is hardly no way of not imputing their beliefs into what they do.   We would like to think that Judges are the one branch of govt that is impartial and follows the law and we all know that is complete bullshit for the most part.  People give human nature too much credit.  

Edited by Highmark

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's video fuck face!  You think your news is gonna show this clip?

:lol:

taken out of context ya dumb fuck. what were they talking about right before she made that statement?

the lies coming from the trump admin.....

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yes because me laughing at the media, especially CNN, means I'm jumping on the RWW bandwagon. Your tell for when you've got nothing but hot air and BS to spew is when you say I'm trying to impress the right wing wackos. :thumb:

Carry on Slinger  :lmao:

why do you keep bringing cnn into this discussion? this is morning joe on msnbc. did you even watch the video? :lol:

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

why do you keep bringing cnn into this discussion? this is morning joe on msnbc. did you even watch the video? :lol:

I mentioned CNN once :wtf:

CNN...MSNBC....same same. Or in terminology you can easily understand, what difference does it make. I did watch the vid but I don't watch either of those LWW talk shows to be so fluent in their bullshit like you  :lmao:

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I mentioned CNN once :wtf:

CNN...MSNBC....same same. Or in terminology you can easily understand, what difference does it make. I did watch the vid but I don't watch either of those LWW talk shows to be so fluent in their bullshit like you  :lmao:

:lol: didn't even watch the vid....