MSNBC: "It's our job to control what people think."

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!  A Freudian slip at it's finest!  How the fuck any of you "intellectually elite" can watch this horse shit is beyond me.  This is why your liberal weak and cowardly parents should have never agreed to your full frontal lobotomies at birth. :lol:

During their regularly scheduled morning "Trump hate" show, this nugget slipped out. :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member

:lol: The media is actually scared shitless of the guy it seems. "Trying to make up his own facts"......What, like what the media has done for countless years???

I'm not for government controlled media or anything like that but I hope trump purges a lot of these so called journalists during his term through exposing them for the shit they are. Get some real reporters back in again instead of overly opinionated people who just like to hear themselves talk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

:lol: The media is actually scared shitless of the guy it seems. "Trying to make up his own facts"......What, like what the media has done for countless years???

I'm not for government controlled media or anything like that but I hope trump purges a lot of these so called journalists during his term through exposing them for the shit they are. Get some real reporters back in again instead of overly opinionated people who just like to hear themselves talk

Exactly!  Trump is causing them massive ass-hurt in bypassing their ability to edit, spin, deflect, reconfigure and distribute to the masses at their will.  They've been "shilling" the left's agenda for eight years and actually fucked themselves and their own party in doing so with their arrogance in thinking liberally ("we know what's best for all others").  I have zero pity for them.  NONE.  And even less now that they still think they can turn the tables and still continue their spin.  Holy fucking train wreck!

The R's, whether they like Trump or not, are enjoying their resurgence back to strong relevancy just letting Trump continue his ass-handing of the biased media.  2018 is coming fast...watch this shit!

:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

the press is scared shitless? why would they be scared shitless? i don't get that statement at all. how can trump or his circle of lies and deception harm the press? 

Its so awesome because they're still not getting it.  The American public, the sleeping giant, has finally woken up to the media and the Washington elitists.

Our Republic and its press will rise or fall together," Pulitzer wrote. "An able, disinterested, public-spirited press, with trained intelligence to know the right and courage to do it, can preserve that public virtue without which popular government is a sham and a mockery. A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself. The power to mould the future of the Republic will be in the hands of the journalists of future generations.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Its so awesome because they're still not getting it.  The American public, the sleeping giant, has finally woken up to the media and the Washington elitists.

Our Republic and its press will rise or fall together," Pulitzer wrote. "An able, disinterested, public-spirited press, with trained intelligence to know the right and courage to do it, can preserve that public virtue without which popular government is a sham and a mockery. A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself. The power to mould the future of the Republic will be in the hands of the journalists of future generations.

Pulitzer's competition with Hearst directly lead to Yellow Journalism and the Spanish-American War. Fuck Pulitzer! The fact that his name now adorns the highest journalistic award is a sad commentary on American Journalism.

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

the press is scared shitless? why would they be scared shitless? i don't get that statement at all. how can trump or his circle of lies and deception harm the press? 

Still can't figure it out huh, well, them media has been "counseling" you.  Stay tuned........

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Still can't figure it out huh, well, them media has been "counseling" you.  Stay tuned........

This helps with your question spinner.

dude, you're so full of shit. first off, like the vast majority of people, i don't receive news from cable news services. secondly, cable news has enjoyed a nice bump before, during, and since the election. if anything, this reality show president has been a gift to them. he's making the press afraid? lololol. what color is this world you guys live in? 

6 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Pulitzer's competition with Hearst directly lead to Yellow Journalism and the Spanish-American War. Fuck Pulitzer! The fact that his name now adorns the highest journalistic award is a sad commentary on American Journalism.

i don't think you're getting it. that piece was written long before the internet. cable news, be it fox or msnbc has become such a small part of information services. the top rated show might reach 2 million viewers. the availability of podcasts, youtube, etc etc has expanded the availability of information way past what that article could even imagine. it's no longer relevant.

I don't think it was a slip at all. She honest to God believes it.  When things don't go their way it always comes down to the American people are too stupid to know what's good for them.

Groober laid it out perfectly, more people should of been listening to his blunt honesty.  

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

i don't think you're getting it. that piece was written long before the internet. cable news, be it fox or msnbc has become such a small part of information services. the top rated show might reach 2 million viewers. the availability of podcasts, youtube, etc etc has expanded the availability of information way past what that article could even imagine. it's no longer relevant.

My point speak directly to Pulitzer and not to your post. Pulitzer spearheaded the behavior that comprises a large part of what is wrong with the media today. 

21 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Start with him calling out the press and their bullshit and work your way from there. The media has run unchecked for how long now spinning their own web of opinions / lies. 

How can Trump harm the press? Oh maybe by setting them up...then knocking them down. IMO a lot of journalists need to be smacked around a bit and knocked to their senses and it appears Trump does as well. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

they wake up every day trying to figure out why they lost total control of the narrative .they figure out how to get it back and he moved it again. they are loosing the battle and they cant stand that they are headed the way of the newspapers fast

• Gold Member
Just now, Snoslinger said:

her point was that it's their job to present the facts and debunk the lies ya dingalings.

I'm surprised some of you can actually make it through a whole day with your "logic"

Kneeshot defending his brainwashers.

22 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Whether your opinion is true or not, does not take away from the fact that his words ring true today.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

her point was that it's their job to present the facts and debunk the lies from the admin ya dingalings.

I'm surprised some of you can actually make it through a whole day with your "logic"

And CNN doesn't lie or push opinions? :news:

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

her point was that it's their job to present the facts and debunk the lies from the admin ya dingalings.

no she said exactly what she thinks