cuse

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Is this basketball?   Neat!

:lol:

IMG_1782.JPG

Basketball pride in Syracuse is at a whole different level,..I'm not from here, so I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon just because. I haven't watched a game yet this season. But it's crazy, the pride these people have. This might put it in perspective 

FB_IMG_1487842458098.jpg

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Basketball pride in Syracuse is at a whole different level,..I'm not from here, so I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon just because. I haven't watched a game yet this season. But it's crazy, the pride these people have. This might put it in perspective 

FB_IMG_1487842458098.jpg

Boheim is to Syracuse and CNY almost what Belicheck is to New England.  :thumb:

I used to do a lot of business up and down the eastern seaboard.  That whole stretch is seemingly as big of basketball fans as the south is of SEC football.  Every game I was forced to watch in some bar or hotel left me wanting to become an avid soccer or ping pong fan.

So glad I don't have to sit through that shit anymore acting like I was remotely interested.  I'd rather carve my fucking eyes out.  

Image result for lebron james vs toews speech

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I used to do a lot of business up and down the eastern seaboard.  That whole stretch is seemingly as big of basketball fans as the south is of SEC football.  Every game I was forced to watch in some bar or hotel left me wanting to become an avid soccer or ping pong fan.

So glad I don't have to sit through that shit anymore acting like I was remotely interested.  I'd rather carve my fucking eyes out.  

Image result for lebron james vs toews speech

I'll give you that, basketball is almost as boring as baseball. Almost.

51 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

boheim is an arrogant POS, I grew up in his hometown and went to school with his niece and he thinks his shit don't stink exspects people to bow to him, fuck him

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

boheim is an arrogant POS, I grew up in his hometown and went to school with his niece and he thinks his shit don't stink exspects people to bow to him, fuck him

I've met him a few times, I thought he was a nice guy, wife if nice too

• Gold Member
37 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I've never met the guy so I wouldn't know however given his fame and god like stature what you say doesn't come as a surprise.

16 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I've never met the guy so I wouldn't know however given his fame and god like stature what you say doesn't come as a surprise.

many years ago while eating at a local resturant, him and his enterage walked in and the wait staff bussed a table where an elderly couple were enjoying a meal just so he could have HIS table, and also at the local country club they would delay tee times when he showed up just so him and his boys could play, other than diehard 'cuse fans he is not well liked in his hometown

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

I'll give you that, basketball is almost as boring as baseball. Almost.

Baseball barely qualifies as backup noise at the bar. Talk about a complete lack of action. 

Caught the first half at the gym and watched the last 5 or 6 minutes and it was a great game. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

what a fucking game, knocking off #10 duke, with a 3 pointer at the buzzer. 

amazing!  wonder if they will make the tournament...they need to win at least 1 of the next 2 and probably an ACC tournament game as well

6 hours ago, Kivalo said:

almost but not quite! lol

6 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

College game is way better than The NBA.

truer words have never been

5 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

my son played baseball with his son Buddy for many years,  although Boeheim is quiet and keeps to himself mostly, he was never arrogant around any of us.  Nice guy to talk to, just kinda quiet.  Whenever recognized at out of town tournaments he would always take the time to talk to kids, sign autographs, take pictures etc.  One of my friends was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 5 years and it is pretty well know around Central New York that Boeheim had it as well.  Boeheim took the time to take several phone calls from a guy (my friend) that he doesn't know.  Explained to him the treatments that he went through and gave him the names of the doctors that he used during the course of his treatments. 

so, not a complete POS.

5 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I've met him a few times, I thought he was a nice guy, wife if nice too

his wife is a nice lady, outgoing and friendly.

37 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I wish I had been at a bar. not a b-ball fan by any means, but I will tune in for a big game.

sounds like mxz800 may be talking out his ass, which is hard to believe...

this coming from an expert on talking out ones ass:news: