Vehicle reliability

Rod

20 hours ago, Ebsell said:

Says it all right here. GM trucks have been nothing but headaches the last few years and the new ones are even worse. 

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2016/10/top-10-least-reliable-car-brands.html

Imagine if they listed/noted all their warranty work!?!?

My 09 GMC 5.3 engine was replaced around 10,000 km's as it clacked worse than a diesel. Less than a year later, after my gas gauge quit working due to shoddy work at the other GM dealership, when I told the GM tech my engine had been replaced, he couldn't find any info about it in their system and when he contacted the other dealership who replaced the engine, they mysteriously couldn't find any info/paper work about it.  

Even though I was told I would be, I never did receive the paperwork for my file either. 

Like I have said numerous times on here, it will be years upon years, if ever, that I ever own another GM pick up! They are, by far, the worse, slowest, ill responsive, POS on the road today! 

21 minutes ago, irv said:

Imagine if they listed/noted all their warranty work!?!?

My 09 GMC 5.3 engine was replaced around 10,000 km's as it clacked worse than a diesel. Less than a year later, after my gas gauge quit working due to shoddy work at the other GM dealership, when I told the GM tech my engine had been replaced, he couldn't find any info about it in their system and when he contacted the other dealership who replaced the engine, they mysteriously couldn't find any info/paper work about it.  

Even though I was told I would be, I never did receive the paperwork for my file either. 

Like I have said numerous times on here, it will be years upon years, if ever, that I ever own another GM pick up! They are, by far, the worse, slowest, ill responsive, POS on the road today! 

I just sold my 13 Tahoe with almost 100k on it. Service issues - 1 wheel bearing and 1 headlight. I've always had good luck with the chebbys. SBYL.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boered said:

LOL. truth. I have a 8 year old f150 with under 60000 miles, still runs and looks new.

60k in 8 man I wish my trucks stayed that low that is about 18mo with me . worse by that time they look 5 yrs old lol

21 hours ago, Dave said:

To me performance is reliability....ive never had a ram or gm truck die on me in the mountains....cant say the same about a Ford....and hey it would be different if it only happened once.

7.3 PSD shit the bed on me just south of Gaylord Michigan at midnight, not only lost a day of riding it also lightened my wallet by $10,000.00, and before that the tranny started going tits up as we going to through Duluth early one morning on the way home with 38,000 miles on the clock, and then there was the time when the pin connecting the brake pedal to the actuator came unglued while launching the boat and the truck ended up in Lake Huron.......thank god it wasn't on the highway or a school bus stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

7.3 PSD shit the bed on me just south of Gaylord Michigan at midnight, not only lost a day of riding it also lightened my wallet by $10,000.00, and before that the tranny started going tits up as we going to through Duluth early one morning on the way home with 38,000 miles on the clock, and then there was the time when the pin connecting the brake pedal to the actuator came unglued while launching the boat and the truck ended up in Lake Huron.......thank god it wasn't on the highway or a school bus stop.

Holy fuck. :lol:

Would've been good to get the lake incident on video.

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎24 at 9:14 AM, Ez ryder said:

60k in 8 man I wish my trucks stayed that low that is about 18mo with me . worse by that time they look 5 yrs old lol

Not a daily driver and usually just use it when a truck is needed but also try to run to town at least every two weeks so it does not sit too long.