Vehicle reliability

Rod

1 minute ago, Dave said:

To me performance is reliability....ive never had a ram or gm truck die on me in the mountains....cant say the same about a Ford....and hey it would be different if it only happened once.

Ford guys are like Arctic Cat guys, shit breaking down at the least opportune time is just part of owning them. They are still the best. :lol: 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave said:

To me performance is reliability....ive never had a ram or gm truck die on me in the mountains....cant say the same about a Ford....and hey it would be different if it only happened once.

I think it comes down to the luck of the draw. Every manufacturer has their issues, you can get a good one or a bad one.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think it comes down to the luck of the draw. Every manufacturer has their issues, you can get a good one or a bad one.

They are all pretty good these days.  It really is a win win for the consumer, but you gotta love the brand loyalists.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
40 minutes ago, Dave said:

Many have had opposite experiences as you.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/02/vincentric-announces-best-pickup-values.html

• Gold Member
32 minutes ago, Dave said:

Well the 17s havent been out for very long..... Not sure what you're trying to prove. :lol:

Past 5 years they pull there data from.  A lot of new stuff for 17.  Ram is the only essential the same in 16 as 17 and they are the most expensive to operate and keep on the road.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Past 5 years they pull there data from.  A lot of new stuff for 17.  Ram is the only essential the same in 16 as 17 and they are the most expensive to operate and keep on the road.

Well we know how reliable most data is....

20 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Nissan!!! I would never buy a Nissan anything. 

I drive a Nissan suv. It blew a transmission line out of the rad at Christmas. 700 buck to fix that. I blew a heater motor a couple of weeks ago. 1145 bucks to fix that. It now needs front end work. It hasn't been a cheap winter that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, 800 Dragon said:

RAM WORST TRUCK FALL APART SHIT BELIEVE ME I HAD THEM ALL

Al Bundy Dodges make good cheap plow scows , you can buy them cheap because of zero  resale in most cases, automatic trans issues, steering issues ,  some electrical issues, rust issues in MI , body , brake lines etc. The plow an decent tires are worth more than the value of the truck in most cases. imo

Edited by hwytohell

48 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Al Bundy Dodges make good cheap plow scows , you can buy them cheap because of zero  resale in most cases, automatic trans issues, steering issues ,  some electrical issues, rust issues in MI , body , brake lines etc. The plow an decent tires are worth more than the value of the truck in most cases. imo

Gen 1 to gen 3 3/4 ton and up deisel Dodges have much higher resale values then Ford or Gm in western Canada....you cant give a Ford away most times unless it has a 7.3

Edited by Dave

9 hours ago, Sludgey said:

If GM is total shit imagine Ford wow their rating is way worse 

JD power rating is worthless shit I go off what other guys who actually buy a truck as a tool that they use as a tool every day . and again my last z71 was the biggest pile of shit I have ever owned . the old GM trucks were good long runners . after Mexico fucking junk it is poss they have gotten  better in the last few yrs I would not know I dont own a GM any longer . I can tell  my ford has been at the shop for 1 day and 1 quick 30min trip in 90k mi hearer blower relay and some clip/bracket on a coolant hose was bad and had a drip 60 bucks. at this point in my z71 life it had  spent weeks in the shop and was up to a qt of oil every 1000mi but that is with in GM spec so it was all good fucking pile of shit I actualy felt guilty trading it in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Gen 1 to gen 3 3/4 ton and up deisel Dodges have much higher resale values then Ford or Gm in western Canada....you cant give a Ford away most times unless it has a 7.3

my cuz has a old ass 95 3/4 ton ram diesel with a stick over 400k mi on it . and it has yanked a 18ft loaded steel construction trailer every day of its abused life 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

my cuz has a old ass 95 3/4 ton ram diesel with a stick over 400k mi on it . and it has yanked a 18ft loaded steel construction trailer every day of its abused life 

12 valve in it?

Just now, Dave said:

12 valve in it?

I have no idea all I know is he bought it the yr after I got my 1/2 ton gas  in 94 and I was already having tranny issues so he ordered a stick my gas 360 ram has been in a junk yard well north of a decade. never a motor issue just trannys lots of trannys and 3 rear ends. that was a sharp looking truck back in the day . cant tell u how many people came up to check it out at gas stations etc . that was first yr of the new style 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I have no idea all I know is he bought it the yr after I got my 1/2 ton gas  in 94 and I was already having tranny issues so he ordered a stick my gas 360 ram has been in a junk yard well north of a decade. never a motor issue just trannys lots of trannys and 3 rear ends. that was a sharp looking truck back in the day . cant tell u how many people came up to check it out at gas stations etc . that was first yr of the new style 

Ya probably a deisel...ya dodge set the truck world on fire with tjat front end styling...ford copied it in 99.