Liberal public schools

BOHICA

2 minutes ago, JEFF said:

One city, one school system. $733,000,000.00 in pension for 1year. Say that out loud. Let it sink in. 

There are over 500 schools in the Chicago public school system. Let that sink in. Many of those schools are over 100 years old and require a lot of maintenance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

i don't think for a second that she gives a shit. she and the other billionaires on trump's team are far removed from the average person. it's good that you have hope. :lol: 

She is in it for the money? 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

There are over 500 schools in the Chicago public school system. Let that sink in. Many of those schools are over 100 years old and require a lot of maintenance. 

and lots should have been closed years ago as population shifted and the appropriate employees laid off but that didn't happen in the liberal utopian big cities 

8 minutes ago, Cold War said:

She is in it for the money? 

she's in it to bring down the dept of education. by the time trump's 4 year term is over, three things will occur. the dept will cease to exist, all federal funds will be turned over to the states with no strings attached, and public schools will be virtually extinct. now one can argue if that's good or bad....but that's what i see. 

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

and lots should have been closed years ago as population shifted and the appropriate employees laid off but that didn't happen in the liberal utopian big cities 

do you have evidence of this? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

she's in it to bring down the dept of education. by the time trump's 4 year term is over, three things will occur. the dept will cease to exist, all federal funds will be turned over to the states with no strings attached, and public schools will be virtually extinct. now one can argue if that's good or bad....but that's what i see. 

With more federal money being funneled to parochial schools.

Edited by Biggie Smails

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

With more federal money being funneled to parochial schools.

religious indoctrination and liberal indoctrination are about equally as bad.  at some point we may get some balance.  

Edited by Angry ginger

16 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

You know alot about that eh? Rahm has closed dozens of schools. He caught alot of shit for it. Teachers union hates him.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

You know alot about that eh? Rahm has closed dozens of schools. He caught alot of shit for it. Teachers union hates him.

those are recent changes,  most big cities let the schools get away from them in the 70's and 80's.  I would never expect test scores of a big city to match a suburban area given social/economic differences but there are still huge changes still needed in many cities but not sure it will do much good until the citizens value education 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

those are recent changes,  most big cities let the schools get away from them in the 70's and 80's.  I would never expect test scores of a big city to match a suburban area given social/economic differences but there are still huge changes still needed in many cities but not sure it will do much good until the citizens value education 

I am a contractor who has done work in those schools for 20 years. I know alot if the administrators in that system. A guy I went to high school with was the CEO of Chicago public schools few years back. CPS is a political nightmare. There is no easy fix for this. Too many factors involved that most people have no idea about. But if you think they haven't been actively working and trying to remedy this pension problem you are very mistaken. And education is taken very seriously by the admin. 

18 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Are there any republican teachers?

I think so but the teachers have been getting beaten back pretty regularly for the last 15 years. More and more charter schools. They have no friends in politics anymore. 

40 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Are there any republican teachers?

No, just a bunch of liberal unionsuckers firmly planting our students well beyond the 20th spot in the world in education.

Time for a long overdue change.  Unions gotta go.  Tenure and security has to be earned like any real job.  Or, we can start rehiring from the looong list of teachers ready to replace these indoctrinating hacks of education.

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No, just a bunch of liberal unionsuckers firmly planting our students well beyond the 20th spot in the world in education.

Time for a long overdue change.  Unions gotta go.  Tenure and security has to be earned like any real job.  Or, we can start rehiring from the looong list of teachers ready to replace these indoctrinating hacks of education.

Rrrrrright because that's the problem !   Lmao