Nasa's 'holy grail': Entire new solar system that could support alien life discovered

ICEMAN!

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

See my edit.  It would take us 1,720,000 years to get there with our current fastest spaceship.   Think about that.  

Figure out at the maximum g load a human can sustain and figure up what amount of time it would take to accelerate to the speed of light, it's actually funny. And then when you get there being unable to breath or eat because you were under such a g load it will take you 40 years to get there. :lol: regardless I smell with Hooknosed clown on this I say take 80% or the military budget and give it to NASA :) should have been to Mars 30 years ago :news: 

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

i'd like to know wtf caused ben to wise up so much lately. is it moving away from rww friends? indiana? work colleagues? wifey rubbing off on him?

Apparently you missed the post where Bhen was talking about how right wing whacko Indiana is. 

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

meh, scratch indiana. i think bussman lives there :lol:

Bussman is a FIB. 

1 hour ago, Catman said:

You realize money is meaningless right?  It's just numbers on paper with some fancy designs.

Meaningless.   Just like your thoughts and your entire life

Only truth I have ever seen you post :bc: Congradulations 

9 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Figure out at the maximum g load a human can sustain and figure up what amount of time it would take to accelerate to the speed of light, it's actually funny. And then when you get there being unable to breath or eat because you were under such a g load it will take you 40 years to get there. :lol: regardless I smell with Hooknosed clown on this I say take 80% or the military budget and give it to NASA :) should have been to Mars 30 years ago :news: 

Why would there be heavy g forces at near light or light speed in space?

8 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Cuz there are it is physics :nuts: 

Well if we're presumably warping space to achieve light speed or greater, we shouldn't have any issue with inertial g forces. And they have inertial dampeners on the enterprise, anyway.

9 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Well if we're presumably warping space to achieve light speed or greater, we shouldn't have any issue with inertial g forces. And they have inertial dampeners on the enterprise, anyway.

:bong::lmao: NeoStoner 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Momorider said:

80% of your Military budget....whats that like a couple hundred thousand dollars? :lol:  

12 hours ago, Momorider said:

For a short period of time, most people can handle 5g.  Even at that rate it would take  almost a year (355 days) just to get up to speed

Edited by Doorider

The plan has been to head to Mars since the Bush era, slightly pushed back timeline during the Obama admin but hopefully we are still headed in that direction under Trump. It's a great start to seeing what's out there IMO.

12 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Why would there be heavy g forces at near light or light speed in space?

:lol:   Did you really ask that?

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   Did you really ask that?

There wouldn't be any g forces once you were up to speed. Acceleration could be a problem, but we'd need to warp space in order to travel that fast, that warping would negate g forces. 

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

There wouldn't be any g forces once you were up to speed. Acceleration could be a problem, but we'd need to warp space in order to travel that fast, that warping would negate g forces. 

Ah yes, find the wormhole. :lol:  

14 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Wormholes are different from warp drive.

Here you go dude!  :lol:

http://www.spacex.com/careers/list

I wouldn't bring your own smock, it would probably get you random tested on the first day.

Edited by Skidooski

20 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Wormholes are different from warp drive. 

Not sure what you are calling a "warp drive."

One can show that to create a wormhole, one needs to warp space-time in the opposite way, to that in which normal matter warps it. Ordinary matter curves space-time back on itself, like the surface of the Earth. 

http://www.hawking.org.uk/space-and-time-warps.html

1 hour ago, Doorider said:

For a short period of time, most people can handle 5g.  Even at that rate it would take  almost a year (355 days) just to get up to speed

What do you think a body would be like after a year at 5 g's :lol:

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

The plan has been to head to Mars since the Bush era, slightly pushed back timeline during the Obama admin but hopefully we are still headed in that direction under Trump. It's a great start to seeing what's out there IMO.

Trump asked if they could man next years moon orbit flight which was supposed to be unmanned, NASA doesn't like to change plans :)