Princeton Professor: Climate Change Activists are a ‘Cult’

11 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Not as good as the private sector.

bull shit

grants pay more than enough to make u want to altar data and set up  testing knowing the placement of your equipment will give u what u want from it

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

bull shit

grants pay more than enough to make u want to altar data and set up  testing knowing the placement of your equipment will give u what u want from it

Totally wrong lol.  

Wage war on education and what do you think you'll gain from it?  More education?

Fucking idiot

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 02sled said:

Oh so stupid Crushedice/Failmaker. Forget towing the sled. How about just making the drive from Toronto to Chapleau even mid summer. 10 hours becomes what... 16 hours. Or how about just loading up the family for a vacation. Just imagine a family of four trying to go away for a couple of weeks in something like this. Hardly room for the groceries let alone luggage,

Capture2.JPG.f9d7ad7ac1c3a40176528d5894c575e4.JPG

Here's a bunch of hybrids, none of which get 100 miles, typically 75 to 85  before they have to rely on the gas engine.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/top-10-electric-vehicles-with-the-longest-driving-range.html/?a=viewall

Now if you go to the $85000 Tesla Model S 85D you can get 270 on a charge under ideal conditions. Who wants to spend $85K on a car though.

I see you didn't touch on what we do with all those end of life hazardous material batteries. As usual you avoid what you don't like to hear or doesn't fit your agenda.

:lmao:

Did you type that drivel with a straight face?  Jesus Christ

Your first comments are ridiculous.  Think about them for a minute and the answers will come to you.

As far as batteries at the end of their life?  Batteries are one of the most recycled products on earth.  What makes you think these Li-Ion batteries will be any different?  Hell, people are already recycling them and besides, you miss the obvious stupidity in your question.  You pose this "toxic battery" Question like it's some big Gotcha! while overlooking the fact that electric cars have virtually no emissions whatsoever for their ENTIRE LIFE CYCLE vs internal combustion engined vehicles that have continuous exhaust emissions, hazardous waste oil emissions every 5000kms, coolant leaks and emissions, batteries to deal with here too...etc etc etc.  I mean wtf, can you get any dumber?  🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by ICEMAN!

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

Did you type that drivel with a straight face?  Jesus Christ

Your first comments are ridiculous.  Think about them for a minute and the answers will come to you.

As far as batteries at the end of their life?  Batteries are one of the most recycled products on earth.  What makes you think these Li-Ion batteries will be any different?  Hell, people are already recycling them and besides, you miss the obvious stupidity in your question.  You pose this "toxic battery" Question like it's some big Gotcha! while overlooking the fact that electric cars have virtually no emissions whatsoever for their ENTIRE LIFE CYCLE vs internal combustion engined vehicles that have continuous exhaust emissions, hazardous waste oil emissions every 5000kms, coolant leaks and emissions, batteries to deal with here too...etc etc etc.  I mean wtf, can you get any dumber?  🤦‍♂️ 

So crushed ice what electric car could make the trip to a place like Chapleau without extended stops to recharge. They don't recharge quickly. So now you get to the recharge station and all the connections are occupied and now have to wait, not just a couple of minutes but possibly hours for your turn. So yes your 10 hours trip could become 16. 

Every year storms bring down power lines and you hear reports of massive areas being without power for days, particularly outside the GTA. What do you do for all those electric cars? Imagine the backlog of stranded drivers and the line of them waiting for power to be restored. 

Pas for recycling the batteries, yup batteries are recycled. I just referred to the need for an enormous increase in the recycling capacity for these batteries. If you want to fool yourself into thinking the batteries aren't considered hazardous materials you really are stupid.

37 minutes ago, 02sled said:

So crushed ice what electric car could make the trip to a place like Chapleau without extended stops to recharge. They don't recharge quickly. So now you get to the recharge station and all the connections are occupied and now have to wait, not just a couple of minutes but possibly hours for your turn. So yes your 10 hours trip could become 16. 

Every year storms bring down power lines and you hear reports of massive areas being without power for days, particularly outside the GTA. What do you do for all those electric cars? Imagine the backlog of stranded drivers and the line of them waiting for power to be restored. 

Pas for recycling the batteries, yup batteries are recycled. I just referred to the need for an enormous increase in the recycling capacity for these batteries. If you want to fool yourself into thinking the batteries aren't considered hazardous materials you really are stupid.

Do the fuel pumps at the gas station work when there's a power failure?

Duhhhh

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Jesus fucking Christ.

Who is suggesting replacing ALL gas powered vehicles???  

Try to think about what you say instead of the constant verbal diarrhea...

3 hours ago, Catman said:

Jesus fucking Christ.

Nah man, he's right.  Electric vehicles have no future because they won't work in Chapleau during a power grid failure.  I'd better break the news to Elon...he's gonna be devastated I'm sure.

:lol:

14 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

Do the fuel pumps at the gas station work when there's a power failure?

Duhhhh

Dumb as shit crushedice. Ever hear of a thing called a generator. A lot of the larger places, have backup generators for power outages. Just like a lot of homes and cottages do in areas prone to power interruption. I even know of one small mom and pop that has a generator to keep their pumps running and the refrigeration going for their restaurant  

Edited by 02sled

13 hours ago, Catman said:

Jesus fucking Christ.

Crushedice did. There will be an inevitable increase in EV use but the technology solutions need to evolve a lot more for it to truly become viable for mainstream use

10 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

Chapleau is a town of 2000 in the middle of bumfuck nowhere northern Ontario.

I just used Chapleau as an example of based on distance. Just to keep you happy crushedice how about a drive to Chicago. Sure  isn't the middle of nowhere. It will take considerably longer in an EV than gas powered. I can refuel my truck in a couple of minutes. How long to recharge the EV, that is if I don't have to wait an hour for a plug to be available 

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Sooo, if we have gensets to power gas pumps, wouldn't we have power to charge cars, too? 

Have to be a much larger genset and the operating costs would likely exceed the return on charging fees collected 

Edited by 02sled

7 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Sooo, if we have gensets to power gas pumps, wouldn't we have power to charge cars, too? 

No of course not.  Generators only produce the kind of electricity that gas pumps use.  Duhhh

At any rate, all of these make believe scenarios pose such a real threat to EVs that they are doomed obviously.

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I just used Chapleau as an example of based on distance. Just to keep you happy crushedice how about a drive to Chicago. Sure  isn't the middle of nowhere. It will take considerably longer in an EV than gas powered. I can refuel my truck in a couple of minutes. How long to recharge the EV, that is if I don't have to wait an hour for a plug to be available 

You can drive from Toronto to Chicago in an EV TODAY for FREE.  A rapid charge takes approx 15-20 min to top the battery back up to 80%.  Chicago is 8 hours away from Toronto.  Are you telling me you're not going to stop for 20 min to eat and go to the bathroom/stretch etc in your gasoline powered vehicle?  How is this any different really?  

I know it's going to be almost impossible, but try and stop being such a close minded pessimistic dumbfuck.  It's early days for EVs obviously but whether you think so or not, they are the future and will take over.  They will only get better from here.

3 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

No of course not.  Generators only produce the kind of electricity that gas pumps use.  Duhhh

At any rate, all of these make believe scenarios pose such a real threat to EVs that they are doomed obviously.

You can drive from Toronto to Chicago in an EV TODAY for FREE.  A rapid charge takes approx 15-20 min to top the battery back up to 80%.  Chicago is 8 hours away from Toronto.  Are you telling me you're not going to stop for 20 min to eat and go to the bathroom/stretch etc in your gasoline powered vehicle?  How is this any different really?  

I know it's going to be almost impossible, but try and stop being such a close minded pessimistic dumbfuck.  It's early days for EVs obviously but whether you think so or not, they are the future and will take over.  They will only get better from here.

Poor Crushedice. What I have been saying is that EV today is not yet there for mainstream use. Too many impracticalities YET. Yes the technology will continue to improve and one day it will be much more viable. For a start it's not FREE as you said. You have to pay for the high priced EV and the electricity to charge it isn't FREE. Look at what's happening to electricity prices in Ontario and tell me it's FREE.

The $85000 Tesla Model S 85D can get 270 on a charge under ideal conditions. That is just like you see for fuel consumption on the window stickers of a car. You never ever see those numbers in real life because you're never in a lab in ideal conditions.

Toronto to Chicago is minimally 835 km and the trip wouldn't be under ideal conditions. So you would have to recharge no less than three times along the way.

From the Tesla website

https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/models-charging#/highpower

A super charger on the $85K Tesla will give you 270 km  (under ideal conditions) in 30 minutes, provided you don't have to wait 30 minutes or more for your turn on the super charger along the road, IF one is available. So minimally you would add an hour and a half to your trip assuming you had instant access to recharging just before your batteries ran out of charge. That would mean they would need to be optimally placed along your route. Lilkely you would have to stop more than 3 times.

Capturea.thumb.JPG.af1065c056eb6ac40659687b1d0428bc.JPG

A 240V circuit at home will provide UP TO 83km of range per hour.

Bottom line the technology is improving but not yet there for mainstream use. How many can afford the $85K Tesla which is the current king with the 270 range and have the gas vehicle as well for the longer trips.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

Poor Crushedice. What I have been saying is that EV today is not yet there for mainstream use. Too many impracticalities YET. Yes the technology will continue to improve and one day it will be much more viable. For a start it's not FREE as you said. You have to pay for the high priced EV and the electricity to charge it isn't FREE. Look at what's happening to electricity prices in Ontario and tell me it's FREE.

The $85000 Tesla Model S 85D can get 270 on a charge under ideal conditions. That is just like you see for fuel consumption on the window stickers of a car. You never ever see those numbers in real life because you're never in a lab in ideal conditions.

Toronto to Chicago is minimally 835 km and the trip wouldn't be under ideal conditions. So you would have to recharge no less than three times along the way.

From the Tesla website

https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/models-charging#/highpower

A super charger on the $85K Tesla will give you 270 km  (under ideal conditions) in 30 minutes, provided you don't have to wait 30 minutes or more for your turn on the super charger along the road, IF one is available. So minimally you would add an hour and a half to your trip assuming you had instant access to recharging just before your batteries ran out of charge. That would mean they would need to be optimally placed along your route. Lilkely you would have to stop more than 3 times.

Capturea.thumb.JPG.af1065c056eb6ac40659687b1d0428bc.JPG

A 240V circuit at home will provide UP TO 83km of range per hour.

Bottom line the technology is improving but not yet there for mainstream use. How many can afford the $85K Tesla which is the current king with the 270 range and have the gas vehicle as well for the longer trips.

First of all, nobody gives a shit about your opinion.  The proof of that is the hundreds of thousands of pre-orders Tesla has in its new Model 3.  Secondly, the electricity to charge your EV at any Tesla quick charger is currently free.  Tesla is changing that soon, but as it stands, it costs nothing to charge your car on the road.

Nobody had an iPhone 10 years ago and look now.  Flat screen TVs cost thousands and thousand of dollars 10 years ago and now they're under $1000.  I could go on.  The fact is, EVs will take over no matter what your opinion of them is.  A $35,000 car?  Yea, wayyyyyy out of the price range of most people.....not.

"Tesla is looking to grow the amount of cars it makes per year from about 80,000 this year to about 500,000 by 2018. At the end of 2017, the company plans to start shipping the Model 3, Tesla’s first car pegged to cost $35,000—a mainstream price putting it in direct competition with big automakers like GMgm , Nissan, and Ford. The company’s current cars commonly cost six-figures, depending on features."

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2016/11/07/tesla-charging-superchargers/%3Fsource%3Ddam

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

First of all, nobody gives a shit about your opinion.  The proof of that is the hundreds of thousands of pre-orders Tesla has in its new Model 3.  Secondly, the electricity to charge your EV at any Tesla quick charger is currently free.  Tesla is changing that soon, but as it stands, it costs nothing to charge your car on the road.

Nobody had an iPhone 10 years ago and look now.  Flat screen TVs cost thousands and thousand of dollars 10 years ago and now they're under $1000.  I could go on.  The fact is, EVs will take over no matter what your opinion of them is.  A $35,000 car?  Yea, wayyyyyy out of the price range of most people.....not.

"Tesla is looking to grow the amount of cars it makes per year from about 80,000 this year to about 500,000 by 2018. At the end of 2017, the company plans to start shipping the Model 3, Tesla’s first car pegged to cost $35,000—a mainstream price putting it in direct competition with big automakers like GMgm , Nissan, and Ford. The company’s current cars commonly cost six-figures, depending on features."

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2016/11/07/tesla-charging-superchargers/%3Fsource%3Ddam

What a fool... first nobody believes or cares about your Libturd opinions. Secondly NOTHING IS FREE!!! Somebody is paying for that electricity and the install of those units. Guess who is in Ontario.... The TAXPAYER IS SUBSIDISING THE GUY WHO CAN AFFORD A $85K CAR. But that fits in with your libturd attitude. We pay for electric car charging for those who can afford to pay for it while thousands of people are struggling to pay for hydro for their homes and BEING DISCONNECTED BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN ELECTRICIY AND FOOD.

It's only costing the taxpayers $20M to install 500 charging stations at 250 locations. Not bad use of taxpayer money... $40K per charging station. But you think it's FREE. What an absolute fool.

https://news.ontario.ca/mto/en/2016/07/electric-vehicle-charging-stations-coming-soon.html

So far Tesla doesn't have a mainstream car. Like you said the first one is pegged at $35K but not in production yet.

Surprise surprise. Your link about Tesla free charging stations is a US ARTICLE and not relevant to Canada. Just like your retirement savings chart was that you kept insisting was relevant because it supported your agenda.

From your own link

Roughly 400,000 people have put down a reservation (using a $1,000 refundable deposit) for the Model 3. Many customers will have to wait years to get those cars. Tesla now has 160,000 customers driving its cars on the roads, with only 4,600 Superchargers. If Tesla has 500,000 customers by 2020, its Supercharger network will be even more impacted.

Like I keep saying. The solution isn't there yet. It is coming but has a way to go.

Edited by 02sled

32 minutes ago, 02sled said:

What a fool... first nobody believes or cares about your Libturd opinions. Secondly NOTHING IS FREE!!! Somebody is paying for that electricity and the install of those units. Guess who is in Ontario.... The TAXPAYER IS SUBSIDISING THE GUY WHO CAN AFFORD A $85K CAR. But that fits in with your libturd attitude. We pay for electric car charging for those who can afford to pay for it while thousands of people are struggling to pay for hydro for their homes and BEING DISCONNECTED BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN ELECTRICIY AND FOOD.

It's only costing the taxpayers $20M to install 500 charging stations at 250 locations. Not bad use of taxpayer money... $40K per charging station. But you think it's FREE. What an absolute fool.

https://news.ontario.ca/mto/en/2016/07/electric-vehicle-charging-stations-coming-soon.html

So far Tesla doesn't have a mainstream car. Like you said the first one is pegged at $35K but not in production yet.

Surprise surprise. Your link about Tesla free charging stations is a US ARTICLE and not relevant to Canada. Just like your retirement savings chart was that you kept insisting was relevant because it supported your agenda.

From your own link

Roughly 400,000 people have put down a reservation (using a $1,000 refundable deposit) for the Model 3. Many customers will have to wait years to get those cars. Tesla now has 160,000 customers driving its cars on the roads, with only 4,600 Superchargers. If Tesla has 500,000 customers by 2020, its Supercharger network will be even more impacted.

Like I keep saying. The solution isn't there yet. It is coming but has a way to go.

This is what the beginning of a revolution looks like - the details will get worked out but it will happen, and you'll be crying about it all the way.  

"They won't haul my sleds!  Someone somewhere had to wait 20 minutes for a supercharger!  I'm a fucking moron!  I love gasoline and oil companies! It costs $2.00 for s full charge!  You can only get 300 miles on a charge!  My vagina hurts!  I'm constipated! Hillary should be locked up!  Someone somewhere got a subsidy!"

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

This is what the beginning of a revolution looks like - the details will get worked out but it will happen, and you'll be crying about it all the way.  

"They won't haul my sleds!  Someone somewhere had to wait 20 minutes for a supercharger!  I'm a fucking moron!  I love gasoline and oil companies! It costs $2.00 for s full charge!  You can only get 300 miles on a charge!  My vagina hurts!  I'm constipated! Hillary should be locked up!  Someone somewhere got a subsidy!"

You continue to prove you're a complete idiot. How many times do I have to say it.... electric vehicles are coming and will continue to grow in acceptance. They just aren't there yet for the mainstream average guy.

There are about 260 Million cars and trucks on the road in the US. There were over 12 Million cars built in the US last year. Last year there were about 410K electric cars built in the US last year. That's about 3% of the total built and about 0.15% of all the cars on the road in the US.

Bringing it home... Canada had a whopping 6993 electric cars sold in 2015. That's all of Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tesla-electric-vehicle-incentive-ontario-1.3996068

Normal people except Libturd KoolAid drinkers have a problem with the Ontario subsidies on electric cars.

Earlier this month, the government tweaked the rules for electric cars costing $75,000 to $150,000. It means such vehicles as the Tesla Roadster are now eligible for rebates of up to $14,000. 

You don't have any problem with that????  You really are a moron. :nuts:

3 hours ago, 02sled said:

You continue to prove you're a complete idiot. How many times do I have to say it.... electric vehicles are coming and will continue to grow in acceptance. They just aren't there yet for the mainstream average guy.

There are about 260 Million cars and trucks on the road in the US. There were over 12 Million cars built in the US last year. Last year there were about 410K electric cars built in the US last year. That's about 3% of the total built and about 0.15% of all the cars on the road in the US.

Bringing it home... Canada had a whopping 6993 electric cars sold in 2015. That's all of Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tesla-electric-vehicle-incentive-ontario-1.3996068

Normal people except Libturd KoolAid drinkers have a problem with the Ontario subsidies on electric cars.

Earlier this month, the government tweaked the rules for electric cars costing $75,000 to $150,000. It means such vehicles as the Tesla Roadster are now eligible for rebates of up to $14,000. 

You don't have any problem with that????  You really are a moron. :nuts:

I'm totally cool with subsidies for emerging clean technologies.  In fact we should subsidize it more so the transition happens faster.  We've been subsidizing oil, gas and coal for 100 years and continue to subsidize them through tax breaks, as well as with wars fought over them, health costs associated with their use and environmental destruction caused by their use. Only a fucking idiot wouldn't be 2000% behind clean renewable energy technologies and the sooner the better.  We should tax fossil fuels heavily and put that revenue towards clean energy subsidies.

15 hours ago, motonoggin said:

no. in fact only critical power is supplied when gen fires up in commercial /registers/ cams /critical lighting/ alarms/ fire suppression/ and in the case of gas stations /pumps/ and not even all of them usually 1 island with min lighting . they are also charging there own battery banks if they have them . usually only propane gen systems have battery back up and only in extreme circumstances hospitals /police /data storage / security monitoring/ nursing homes/etc etc

Edited by Ez ryder