Princeton Professor: Climate Change Activists are a ‘Cult’

5 hours ago, motonoggin said:

I like the molten salt/lithium batteries. I've seen/read a few interesting things about them. Can be used as a dump for excess electricity and heat. Pretty interesting stuff.

Mass storage means you keep the grid. I prefer the Hydrogen model as it solves both problems at once (generation and storage).

6 hours ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Remember back when you thought electric car production/sales were going to surpass conventional car sales in 10 years or less?  That was almost 10 years ago. :lol:  

No I don't remember that because I never said it.  Regardless, many here said it would never happen, meanwhile it is happening right in front of our eyes.  Every major carmaker has EV offerings at this point and they continue to pump R&D into them.  EV sales are increasing worldwide and charging stations are popping up all over the country.  It's only a matter of time.

Private business is creating so many charging stations that the province had to step in and create a bunch. They also offer huge $ incentives to people to buy electric cars because everyone is racing to get one.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/index.shtml

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/electric-vehicle-incentive-program.shtml

Undoubtedly there will be an increase in EV but it isn't going to happen overnight. What do you do with all those batteries at end of life. A whole new industry sector will have to be developed to deal with all the hazardous waste from them. A lot has to change. Imagine someone wanting to tow their snowmobile trailer from Toronto to Chapleau to ride. Today it's about a 10 hour drive. How many times would you need to stop for an extended period of time while waiting your turn to charge your EV. What would that trip become? 10 hours now 16 hours maybe?

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Private business is creating so many charging stations that the province had to step in and create a bunch. They also offer huge $ incentives to people to buy electric cars because everyone is racing to get one.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/index.shtml

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/electric-vehicle-incentive-program.shtml

Undoubtedly there will be an increase in EV but it isn't going to happen overnight. What do you do with all those batteries at end of life. A whole new industry sector will have to be developed to deal with all the hazardous waste from them. A lot has to change. Imagine someone wanting to tow their snowmobile trailer from Toronto to Chapleau to ride. Today it's about a 10 hour drive. How many times would you need to stop for an extended period of time while waiting your turn to charge your EV. What would that trip become? 10 hours now 16 hours maybe?

Haha

The classic "I can't tow my sleds with one" argument.

Thanks for the laughs 02!

:lmao:

8 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Haha

The classic "I can't tow my sleds with one" argument.

Thanks for the laughs 02!

:lmao:

Oh so stupid Crushedice/Failmaker. Forget towing the sled. How about just making the drive from Toronto to Chapleau even mid summer. 10 hours becomes what... 16 hours. Or how about just loading up the family for a vacation. Just imagine a family of four trying to go away for a couple of weeks in something like this. Hardly room for the groceries let alone luggage,

Capture2.JPG.f9d7ad7ac1c3a40176528d5894c575e4.JPG

Here's a bunch of hybrids, none of which get 100 miles, typically 75 to 85  before they have to rely on the gas engine.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/top-10-electric-vehicles-with-the-longest-driving-range.html/?a=viewall

Now if you go to the $85000 Tesla Model S 85D you can get 270 on a charge under ideal conditions. Who wants to spend $85K on a car though.

I see you didn't touch on what we do with all those end of life hazardous material batteries. As usual you avoid what you don't like to hear or doesn't fit your agenda.

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Oh so stupid Crushedice/Failmaker. Forget towing the sled. How about just making the drive from Toronto to Chapleau even mid summer. 10 hours becomes what... 16 hours. Or how about just loading up the family for a vacation. Just imagine a family of four trying to go away for a couple of weeks in something like this. Hardly room for the groceries let alone luggage,

Capture2.JPG.f9d7ad7ac1c3a40176528d5894c575e4.JPG

Here's a bunch of hybrids, none of which get 100 miles, typically 75 to 85  before they have to rely on the gas engine.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/top-10-electric-vehicles-with-the-longest-driving-range.html/?a=viewall

Now if you go to the $85000 Tesla Model S 85D you can get 270 on a charge under ideal conditions. Who wants to spend $85K on a car though.

I see you didn't touch on what we do with all those end of life hazardous material batteries. As usual you avoid what you don't like to hear or doesn't fit your agenda.

See lots of Tesla's muskoka.  Easy for range.  Solutions are expanding rapidly.

Since there are so many people driving to chapleau every year!  LMAO. Most people never drive more than a few kms each way and most live in cities.

Tesla batteries are as good as the life of the car.  They can be recycled and refurbished.

You're a fucking clown show moron.

• Like 1

again U people driving the electric cars are the first ones crying when a power plant gets built or they start fracking for more nat gas .

the tesla is a sweet car for sure but it best be for north of 80g with massive subsidies your neighbors help to pay for your new smug I enjoy the bouquet of my own farts symbol   

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

shh don't tell the south poll about the warming it may stop growing in thickness and size if it finds out about the global warming crisis we are in

Don't pretend that if were record cold instead of record warmth you wouldn't be saying it's proof that global warming is fake.

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Don't pretend that if were record cold instead of record warmth you wouldn't be saying it's proof that global warming is fake.

again the iceshelf has never been larger down south in recorded history . I know it is because of global warming .    

11 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

More extreme weather is the predicted result of climate change. 

oh so the shelf steadily growing over the last decade is extreme now ? ok got it  what a fucking pathetic religion U people are in

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

oh so the shelf steadily growing over the last decade is extreme now ? ok got it  what a fucking pathetic religion U people are in

I'm not even sure if I should take your word on the ice shelf thing at this point.

But yes, abnormal and extreme weather - including extreme cold - has been predicted by global climate change science.

look it up your  self  .then ask your self why the south poll has been colder with longer winters the last decade . global  warming ? poss this huge rock flying around a star at 19mi per second tipped a few degrees ? I don't know but what I do know is on a reg biases some so called expert who has been making a living promoting the global warming church is busted for manipulating data.  

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

look it up your  self  .then ask your self why the south poll has been colder with longer winters the last decade . global  warming ? poss this huge rock flying around a star at 19mi per second tipped a few degrees ? I don't know but what I do know is on a reg biases some so called expert who has been making a living promoting the global warming church is busted for manipulating data.  

And literally every 'scientist' that disputes the science is paid by the fossil fuel industry.

If people were doing it all for the money, wouldn't they go where the real money is and shill for oil and gas?

What's funny is peoples inability to separate "climate change", "weather" , from the politics and money grab.

KIDS WITH CANCER..........Give me your money.

Well, kids with cancer is horrible, here take my money. 

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

And literally every 'scientist' that disputes the science is paid by the fossil fuel industry.

If people were doing it all for the money, wouldn't they go where the real money is and shill for oil and gas?

Pretty sure guberment grants pay pretty well too!