Trump's aides don't want to admit the President is golfing

Trump's aides don't want to admit the President is golfing

Source: CNN

President Donald Trump has made visiting his Florida golf courses a near every-weekend habit in the first month of his administration, and his aides are trying to obscure whether Trump is actually golfing during the visits. 

One possible reason: Trump was a frequent and vocal critic of President Barack Obama's golf habit, regularly slamming the former president for playing golf with many pressing issues before the country. Trump even suggested during a 2016 event in Virginia, in a knock on Obama, that if elected he was "not going to have time to go play golf." 

-snip- 

Confronted by McIlroy's comments about playing 18 holes with the President, Sanders said the President "intended to play a few holes and decided to play longer." 

-snip- 

"Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the US, President Obama spent the day playing golf," Trump tweeted in October 2014. "Worse than Carter." 

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/20/politics/donald-trump-golfing-presidency/

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

this is why wolfie asked for proof of trump golfing this past weekend, which I promptly showed him :lol:

I don't remember you whining about Obambis golf during his regime? That said Trump should lead by example stop giving assholes like you anything to cry about 

IMG_0457.JPG.ed7e1815f38f31e541b4c461d1dc2114.JPG

38 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

I don't remember you whining about Obambis golf during his regime? That said Trump should lead by example stop giving assholes like you anything to cry about 

IMG_0457.JPG.ed7e1815f38f31e541b4c461d1dc2114.JPG

because I didn't care then. nor do I care now. I do, however, get a chuckle out of your obvious double standards.

Double standards were my point......

Trump says this.....

"Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the US, President Obama spent the day playing golf," Trump tweeted in October 2014. "Worse than Carter." 

22 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Trump says this.....

Difference is Trumps doing something about the problems....Obunga was just creating more.

38 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Trump says this.....

A hypocrite like you should just STFU about double standards 

I could be mistaken but didn't Obama tend to play golf etc. on a weekday while Trump is doing it on the weekend and isn't Trump also working before and after the golf game. It seems he may have accomplished more in 1 month than Obama did in one year.

Just like in business the proactive innovative leader gets noticed. The one that maintains status quo and coasts just maintaining what was already in place doesn't get much attention.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

I have no problem being critical of Trump on this.   If he is golfing a bunch its being hypocritical in his comments on Obama.

Now the pictures I've seen of him with the different people he has played with all have him dressed in the same outfit so the question remains how much he already has played vs how many different people joined him in that time.    

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

because I didn't care then. nor do I care now. I do, however, get a chuckle out of your obvious double standards.

the fact that the right can't even understand that they set themselves up for this criticism is amazing to me.  

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

I could be mistaken but didn't Obama tend to play golf etc. on a weekday while Trump is doing it on the weekend and isn't Trump also working before and after the golf game. It seems he may have accomplished more in 1 month than Obama did in one year.

Just like in business the proactive innovative leader gets noticed. The one that maintains status quo and coasts just maintaining what was already in place doesn't get much attention.

being president is a 365 day a year job so i don;t care when he golfs to be honest but the right was up in arms over Obie and gives trump a free pass,  it's hypocrisy plain and simple.  

51 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the fact that the right can't even understand that they set themselves up for this criticism is amazing to me.  

it's hilarious. they go from one excuse to another. Obama was goofing off while golfing around home. trump is busting his ass and drumming up business when flying to florida and golfing :lol: