Coal jobs! Yea baby

ICEMAN!

1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

The report is crap.  I choose not to pay much attention to Fraser Institute reports because they have a history of severe bias and receive funding from the fossil fuel industry.  I look at all kinds of information from many sources.  One thing beaten into me at school was to always "look at the source" of information and the Fraser Institute is not a reliable, objective source.

The coal plants were major polluters.  Nanticoke was Canada's largest emitter of CO2.  You can't cherry pick one or two pollutants like they did and come up with a meaningful report.  Why haven't there been any smog days the last few summers?  Why has the air quality been improving for years in conjunction with emissions standards and reduction in output from the coal plants?

Hmmm?

Find me more reliable reports that corroborate the Fraser Report's findings and you may be on to something, but when this report co-incides with Alberta's musings to close their coal fired plants it's rather suspicious.

"One wonders why the Fraser Institute would even bother pursuing discussions about the Ontario coal phase out. After all even if one argues that it was a bad idea, it’s done now. There is no going back. But all is revealed in the closing comments of their paper. The real target of the concern is not Ontario but the possibility of coal plant closures in Alberta based on the need for CO2 emission reductions to meet their climate change mitigation goals. Not everyone supports that initiative. Perhaps the analysis was undertaken to divert the discussion from greenhouse gases to the health impacts of smog and then, to debunk that."

WTF are you babbling about?

So you continue to babble on without reading the report. Their dumbest person on their worst day is far more intelligent than you on your best day. It figures. As usual it's trash because of the lack of Libturd butt kissing and contradicts your agenda. You ever heard the phrase learn from your mistakes. That's the purpose of doing the aftermath analysis. The facts show the Wynnebag Fiberals were as usual wrong 

8 hours ago, 02sled said:

So you continue to babble on without reading the report. Their dumbest person on their worst day is far more intelligent than you on your best day. It figures. As usual it's trash because of the lack of Libturd butt kissing and contradicts your agenda. You ever heard the phrase learn from your mistakes. That's the purpose of doing the aftermath analysis. The facts show the Wynnebag Fiberals were as usual wrong 

They don't actually, but carry on in your right wing echo chamber,  I'm done with you.

3 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

They don't actually, but carry on in your right wing echo chamber,  I'm done with you.

Keep drinking the Libturd KoolAid even when facts and statistics prove they are thieving liars.

• 5 years later...
On 2/19/2017 at 2:25 PM, ICEMAN! said:

Huh?

The plants aren't closing due to regulations.  They're closing because natural gas is cheaper.

We are in a former coal producing area and had many coal burning power plants. I have worked in a few of them. they are the dirtiest and nastiest places you can imagine. And many of the former strip mines are now lakes but they raped the land with that process. Its a shitty way to provide energy but its cheap and abundant. 

Illinois had 6 nuclear power plants and I know one was decommissioned and I heard another is on the chopping block. In my opinion nuclear is the cleanest and most stable method of producing electricity. Fuck coal

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Faggot ass retard thinks it’s funny to dig up 6 year old examples of me having used the N word. 

:lmao: Not sure the need to dig up old bigoted language posts.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Faggot ass retard thinks it’s funny to dig up 6 year old examples of me having used the N word. 

Did you beat him up next door or something?