The 2017 Iron Dog Thread

Just now, Dave said:

Your point would be more valid if it was actually a video of the infraction....unless I missed the video all they have is a picture.

So now you are saying we need a video camera crew per racer at every fuel stop?  See what I did there?

Anywho...to show you I am in the spirit of things, here's a cool video:

Related image

1 minute ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Why do you keep responding to me if you don't care what I say?  

Did you not bring up that if it was a polaris would i care or not?

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've always gotten along with Dave, but he can be a nipping bulldog at times to some members :bc:  

Oh I like him.  Persistence is a positive trait IMO.  Plus, it gives everyone the impression you are a giant PAIN IN THE ASS! :lmao:I can relate.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

really the only solution in the end is to not allow this non checkpont fueling....   Is there anything in the rules preventing the teams carrying enough fuel to get through this section?  Sometime the saving fuel races in Nascar get pretty interesting....  Could be the same for the Iron dog....  Carry 10 extra gallons and go fast or slow down 10 mph for the 120 miles or whatever this leg is

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Hell no, he's just getting warmed up :lol:

Not worth discussing it further with Tom after he made the polaris comment..I couldnt give a rats ass what they were riding. :lol:

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Not worth discussing it further with Tom after he made the polaris comment..I couldnt give a rats ass what they were riding. :lol:

I believe that and agree with you and sorry that I made it sound like you would have a different tune if the team wasn't on a Doo.

My point was poorly presented but here it is.  Team 16 is on Polaris.  They have won several times, usually coming from behind and passing teams who have mechanical trouble or make a mistake on the trip from Nome to Fairbanks.  Team 16 is probably one of the least liked teams yet they are almost always top 5 finishers.  They are a team that keep to themselves and don't share much information with others before the race.  If Team 16 were the ones who received assistance and had their picture plastered all over the internet the other teams and racers and fans would have crucified them.  

I realize that doesn't make much if any difference to you Dave but that was the point I was trying to make.  And I agree, it was a lame point to try and make. :bc:

8 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

I believe that and agree with you and sorry that I made it sound like you would have a different tune if the team wasn't on a Doo.

My point was poorly presented but here it is.  Team 16 is on Polaris.  They have won several times, usually coming from behind and passing teams who have mechanical trouble or make a mistake on the trip from Nome to Fairbanks.  Team 16 is probably one of the least liked teams yet they are almost always top 5 finishers.  They are a team that keep to themselves and don't share much information with others before the race.  If Team 16 were the ones who received assistance and had their picture plastered all over the internet the other teams and racers and fans would have crucified them.  

I realize that doesn't make much if any difference to you Dave but that was the point I was trying to make.  And I agree, it was a lame point to try and make. :bc:

I understand your point. :bc:

Tysons wife did post on our FB page (looks like she deleted it) a lightened photo of the 'scene' and it did show that it appears that Tyson wasn't sitting on the sled at the time.  Looked legit but can't find it now...