The 2017 Iron Dog Thread

1 minute ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Yes on the last day of the race.  They will arrive in Tanana next Friday and leave for Fairbanks the next morning.

I thought I remembered Frankie posting pics when they were in town in years past :bc:

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

that is what I am saying . red bull team has a drone to follow them for the race . they get a monopoly on streaming it is gold for them . at starting and finish lines there support team can have drones filming action of the other racers but in field they own it. and remember we don't have to think f drones as only air . googel and tesla have cars out driving with no driver . not to hard to build a oblect avoidance all terrine chase drone programed to stay back 25 yrds from transceiver it is focused on filming

Give them another year or two to "detox" from Snow Boundaries.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

love xc races .....its the closest thing to what all of us have grown up doing....

Hey tom , can you drink while competing in the Iron Dog ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111

:lol:

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

love xc races .....its the closest thing to what all of us have grown up doing....

Hey tom , can you drink while competing in the Iron Dog ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111

Ummm, no drinking at any time during the race. Even when you are on layover. At least thats what the rule book says. 

Just now, Back Country Rebel said:

Ummm, no drinking at any time during the race. Even when you are on layover. At least thats what the rule book says. 

It's Ben you are talking to, just tell him yes and move along :lol:

2 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

well thats fucking stupid ....I would never want to embark on the adventurie of a lifetime and be barred from having a few sips of grandpas cough syrup along the way !!!!!!!1111111111

Just now, Back Country Rebel said:

Seems like team 12 made some repairs and are back under way. No details yet but it appears they are back on the move. 

What time does it get dark up there, Tom?

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

What time does it get dark up there, Tom?

it is Alaska  so feb close to 5.5 hrs of sort of sun .

as a tween/teen  my old man did not give when I spent summers up there  a shit and always told me be home by dark

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

it is Alaska  so feb close to 5.5 hrs of sort of sun .

as a tween/teen  my old man did not give when I spent summers up there  a shit and always told me be home by dark

We are up to almost 10 hours of sun above the horizon now and well over 10 hours of day light.  

1 minute ago, Back Country Rebel said:

We are up to almost 10 hours of sun above the horizon now and well over 10 hours of day light.  

That's pretty good, we are at 10hr 42min of daylight here now. You are 4 hrs behind the east coast?

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

are you on the commission or governors board for this race or something Tom , cause i think we should revisit the drinking rule thing !!!!!!!!!1111111111111

See what I mean. Best just to tell him what he wants to hear and be done with it.

:lol:

Team 12 looks to have made some repairs and are back under way now.  They are making their way toward the Big Susitna River.  

Team 25 had a torsion spring pop out of the holder and rip the outer belt of the track off.  They are going back together right now and should be back moving within the hour.  

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

are you on the commission or governors board for this race or something Tom , cause i think we should revisit the drinking rule thing !!!!!!!!!1111111111111

I think they are a little more relaxed on the drinking rule for the trail class riders.  That's probably all you would ever be up for trying anyway........ Still can't be seen drinking even for a trail class team.  you would want one of those backpacks with a hydration bag.  Fill it with whisky and a splash of sprite. :bc:

6 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

10 wow I have nt been up there in yrs don't remember more than a few hrs or real sun a day mid winter . but then I was always there winter break so early jan I guess