Home Made PWC Lift/Dock

DeezNutz

Was thinking of making my own PWC lift/dock. I would prefer something that brings them up on shore but a lift may be just as nice. I was thinking of just investing in a couple of those dock mounted lifts but they look somewhat tacky. 

20 minutes ago, DeezNutz said:

Was thinking of making my own PWC lift/dock. I would prefer something that brings them up on shore but a lift may be just as nice. I was thinking of just investing in a couple of those dock mounted lifts but they look somewhat tacky. 

I would bring them out of the water if your lake gets pretty rough, otherwise the drive on/off ports are real convenient.

I use the Shoreport's.  My marina has the dock mounted ones and I believe they made it themselves.  Seems to be more work than they are worth.

kawiskis.thumb.jpg.127adf9df538149f08ec232ff98dc867.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I would bring them out of the water if your lake gets pretty rough, otherwise the drive on/off ports are real convenient.

I use the Shoreport's.  My marina has the dock mounted ones and I believe they made it themselves.  Seems to be more work than they are worth.

Nice dock.... that isn't a pontoon I see the corner of is it? I'd like one in some ways but my wife calls them old folk barges.

19 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Nice dock.... that isn't a pontoon I see the corner of is it? I'd like one in some ways but my wife calls them old folk barges.

It is and its the wife's.  My son said life was passing her by, so we picked it up a couple of years ago.  They're OK for cursing around on the lake at a slowpoke pace with a bunch of friends.  The ski's are mine/sons and I much prefer being on one at my own pace.

42 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Was looking at those, would big waves not pull the doos right off?

6 minutes ago, DeezNutz said:

Was looking at those, would big waves not pull the doos right off?

Don't think I would have used them if I had big waves.  They are tied down in the front and side and good for some movement  Then again I wouldn't have the floating docks either if we had large waves.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

9 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

That's why you get this

Wow... the 3, 300s explain why the bow was sitting so high. I didn't see what the top speed on it was though.

I'd want a pontoon for exactly what Arctic mentioned, cruising around the lake with a bunch of friends. A friend of ours has a 19' pontoon with a 150 Merc and it hustles along really well. I would never get rid of our 22' bow rider though. I can comfortably carry 9 people but a pontoon would be a much more "social" environment.

3 minutes ago, DeezNutz said:

Was looking at this as well.

Hyd-Cantilever-PWC-lift.jpg

That would certainly keep it out of the water but will likely cost more than the port.  I detach mine and float it up on shore over winter, real easy 10 minute task.  If you can't leave that in the water, that would be a royal pain.

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Wow... the 3, 300s explain why the bow was sitting so high. I didn't see what the top speed on it was though.

I'd want a pontoon for exactly what Arctic mentioned, cruising around the lake with a bunch of friends. A friend of ours has a 19' pontoon with a 150 Merc and it hustles along really well. I would never get rid of our 22' bow rider though. I can comfortably carry 9 people but a pontoon would be a much more "social" environment.

Our is only a 50 HP and really does not require more that it.  They are great and really hold their value, just try looking for a used one and you will end up buying new.

3 hours ago, DeezNutz said:

Was looking at this as well.

Hyd-Cantilever-PWC-lift.jpg

Aluminum lift with a hand crank was about $1,200 last time I checked.  Pretty cheap, easy to get in and out of the water and will last a long time.  I looked at building my own steel one and I don't think it would be worth my time and effort over buying one of these.  

On 17/02/2017 at 1:02 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

Got to luv those 300's...nice pic. This weather has me switching focus to the water. You going to get out with us this year?

Looking at going down to Nashville,  Knoxville for some river running at May two, four

On 17/02/2017 at 5:19 PM, sledderj said:

Aluminum lift with a hand crank was about $1,200 last time I checked.  Pretty cheap, easy to get in and out of the water and will last a long time.  I looked at building my own steel one and I don't think it would be worth my time and effort over buying one of these.  

These work well, bought a couple used one's last season for the cottage. We face west on an open lake and get some rough stuff. AC's floating lifts are much more convenient and easy to use though, depends on what your conditions are. I can lift mine with two strong guys, it's a struggle now that I'm nearing 50. 3 people is much easier and four is a cinch.

49 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Got to luv those 300's...nice pic. This weather has me switching focus to the water. You going to get out with us this year?

Looking at going down to Nashville,  Knoxville for some river running at May two, four

Sure would like to, we should chat soon. 

On 2/17/2017 at 2:00 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

That would certainly keep it out of the water but will likely cost more than the port.  I detach mine and float it up on shore over winter, real easy 10 minute task.  If you can't leave that in the water, that would be a royal pain.

look at craigslist detroit or buffalo. used ones are between $300- 500

Edited by Taillight