Hey check this out

Anler

13 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yeah , his Iron Dog threads were awesome .  I'm assuming Tommy is busy being retired now , he's travelling a ton these day's :bc:

I've caught a few of his travel posts on FB :bc:  I haven't been able to keep up with everything, is he back in Alaska now?

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

bull shit a zuk has no prob with 400hp with just head bolts . where do u get this shit?

if that 1200 was such a monster as u pretend it is one would see more than 1 for every 25 cats at sanctioned events . one would also expect way more wins than the 1 or so per event  .

Nope...no zook is running 400hp without rods and pistons....sorry. you are wrong

Just now, f7ben said:

Nope...no zook is running 400hp without rods and pistons....sorry. you are wrong

really ? what is the next sanctioned event u are running at? I will make it a point to show u 1 pushing more . they have been busting my balls to come with all season any way

3 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

would love a new sled next year.

but as of now we have almost no snow left and only 1800 miles on the 800.  sigh.  ever since the liberals wanted to save the world the winters have sucked

go west. non stop every day almost to much .I quit planning Midwest trips yrs ago . plan 2 or 3 week long trips west a yr. any Midwest ridding I get is a bonus.

next one is flying to LA hooking up with my bud and we are driving up to sugarloaf for 3 or 4 days . they are also getting pounded

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

go west. non stop every day almost to much .I quit planning Midwest trips yrs ago . plan 2 or 3 week long trips west a yr. any Midwest ridding I get is a bonus.

next one is flying to LA hooking up with my bud and we are driving up to sugarloaf for 3 or 4 days . they are also getting pounded

apparently we have the most snow until you hit the rockies so its pretty sad in central canada. 

20 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

apparently we have the most snow until you hit the rockies so its pretty sad in central canada. 

well my wife told me some daffodils or tulips or something not sure was not really tuning in lol were starting to peek out of the ground   so U are doing way better than  Minneapolis.

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

well my wife told me some daffodils or tulips or something not sure was not really tuning in lol were starting to peek out of the ground   so U are doing way better than  Minneapolis.

Same here in Chicago. The Midwest is fucked now. Even the long term forecast doesn't look good. Kids are out riding bikes. The HS baseball team practiced outside yesterday. :flush: 

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

really ? what is the next sanctioned event u are running at? I will make it a point to show u 1 pushing more . they have been busting my balls to come with all season any way

Uh huh.....just tell us whos sled it is. What turbo its running and how much boost. Id say you dont have a fucking clue what you are on about

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Same here in Chicago. The Midwest is fucked now. Even the long term forecast doesn't look good. Kids are out riding bikes. The HS baseball team practiced outside yesterday. :flush: 

They just got back on their feet up here

IMG_20170217_142523640_HDR.thumb.jpg.a137781582ff480eacb5a5e6c4a70eb9.jpg

IMG_20170217_142513000_HDR.thumb.jpg.f3fb1f1ce588e6ea0825199d2d524706.jpg

and now it's warming up again :flush:  

59 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Uh huh.....just tell us whos sled it is. What turbo its running and how much boost. Id say you dont have a fucking clue what you are on about

:snack:

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

the one I am talking about specifically  is owned by Hutch a tuner/builder on team Schlitz and it has taken a few wins in its day .

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

the one I am talking about specifically  is owned by Hutch a tuner/builder on team Schlitz and it has taken a few wins in its day .

I dont doubt that ....what I doubt is your knowledge of the setup. 400HP is 2871 or 5028 territory and nobody out there is running a turbo that large on a cat with stock rods and pistons. In fact most people go rods and pistons with just a compressor wheel upgrade because the cat is prone to self destructing over 325 or so HP if everything isnt 100% spot on perfect

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I dont doubt that ....what I doubt is your knowledge of the setup. 400HP is 2871 or 5028 territory and nobody out there is running a turbo that large on a cat with stock rods and pistons. In fact most people go rods and pistons with just a compressor wheel upgrade because the cat is prone to self destructing over 325 or so HP if everything isnt 100% spot on perfect

the first time it blew that I know of it some how blew a hole from 1 jug in to the next the size of a pencil .

they have some motors with big time and money in them but also a stash of stockers ready to go

13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

the first time it blew that I know of it some how blew a hole from 1 jug in to the next the size of a pencil .

they have some motors with big time and money in them but also a stash of stockers ready to go

I like the 1100 ....it changed the sport. I also love the 1200 because its so robust. Jim at OSP told me over the phone he had no idea where the actual limit of the stock 1200 internals were. He said 600-700HP with a good tune. Obviously at those levels any issues result in catastrophic failure but the same would be true with forged internals. If you had ever held a stock 1200 piston and rod in your hand you would understand. The rods are double the thickness of an apex rod :lol:

One of the guys on Dootalk logged a wastegate failure and resulting overboost on his 1200. It took 57lbs of boost and when they tore the motor down it had only bent one rod. No other failures