Hey check this out

Anler

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I spoke to a guy about this three years ago.  He said they were trying it but it couldn't hold together.  At least not for Doo standards.  I just don't think they want the problems that come with that kind of power.  I still don't really understand the Cat turbo guys.  Speed and power of that magnitude come at a hefty price.

ski doo standards ? lol what is that a 900mi crank and a alphabet of disposable modules .only standard doo has is there sleds need lots of knobs and levers so the homos who buy them can feel sort of butch  like they actually know how to tune a sled  as they twist a knob.

there 1200 could hold a decent amount of boost nothing close to the old zuk but a decent amount of reliable boost  

Edited by Ez ryder

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Yet? :lol: Screw that unless you're racing competitively, tons of money in that crap and all you're doing is building a bomb. They just held the World Series of Ice Drags 1/2 hour north of me in Oconto Falls last weekend, it's crazy what some of these guys have stuck in their drag sleds, some of the ignition systems are 2 - 3k alone.

most of those guys are not flipping there own bills . and if they are it is  "advertising" for there business .

I have 2 buds who are all in and it is crazy what u would have in to those things if u were paying for all the stuff. let me tell u just because a parts/performance corps name is across the whole sled that by no means is saying they have any idea of set ups or are even allowed under the hood . just wright the checks pay the CC bills send the parts and make sure the trucks and trailers are there .

the other thing is guys with deep pockets want to say they have a world recorded sled. they flip the bill for a whole build and let the driver race it for a hand full of races . that happens a lot .most of them also call it marketing budget. it is amazing what a 3 buck sticker will get u when it comes to deductions  

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

all that may be true ....but the fact remains that I've ridden 20k miles more than you in my life

and my sleds are always gonna be faster 

:owned:

:wrong:

The only thing your sleds are faster than mine at are getting to the scrap yard , after you smash them 

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

I don't think the etec 600 fits in the G4, or the 4 strokes either. Based on doos lineup it sure looks that way.

They better figure out a way to get it in there, or they're gonna lose a bunch of customers 

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

ski doo standards ? lol what is that a 900mi crank and a alphabet of disposable modules .only standard doo has is there sleds need lots of knobs and levers so the homos who buy them can feel sort of butch  like they actually know how to tune a sled  as they twist a knob.

there 1200 could hold a decent amount of boost nothing close to the old zuk but a decent amount of reliable boost  

Ahhh...the 1200 has made over double the power of the zuk on stock internals many times. Osp had one go over 600hp on stock rotating assembly.

7 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

most of those guys are not flipping there own bills . and if they are it is  "advertising" for there business .

I have 2 buds who are all in and it is crazy what u would have in to those things if u were paying for all the stuff. let me tell u just because a parts/performance corps name is across the whole sled that by no means is saying they have any idea of set ups or are even allowed under the hood . just wright the checks pay the CC bills send the parts and make sure the trucks and trailers are there .

the other thing is guys with deep pockets want to say they have a world recorded sled. they flip the bill for a whole build and let the driver race it for a hand full of races . that happens a lot .most of them also call it marketing budget. it is amazing what a 3 buck sticker will get u when it comes to deductions  

I would have to believe these guys can't be getting much from sponsors either due to lack of exposure, drag racing is just not popular enough from a fan perspective, aside from a few races like Haydays. I like Pro Stock 1000, Mike Bailey's Poo is sweet.

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Good points.  An "alphabet of disposable modules". :lol:

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Ahhh...the 1200 has made over double the power of the zuk on stock internals many times. Osp had one go over 600hp on stock rotating assembly.

I said reliable . Osp has a rep of 1 or 2 races then full rebuild. there new yammi is far north of 35k in just a motor and it is not lasting . btw a old zuk can get 600 on a stock crank it is just a matter of how many runs u want it to make. if she is just a dyno queen 600no prob

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

I would have to believe these guys can't be getting much from sponsors either due to lack of exposure, drag racing is just not popular enough from a fan perspective, aside from a few races like Haydays. I like Pro Stock 1000, Mike Bailey's Poo is sweet.

some are like I said I have 2 buds that live that shit . sleds at build cost .any parts they want for there sleds . full access to machine shop and dyno. new tuck and trailer every few yrs .all gas and lodging pd . no income from it . but decent side cash selling a hand full of sleds and tuning other guys chit .

pretty much takes up all there free time early fall to late spring

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

some are like I said I have 2 buds that live that shit . sleds at build cost .any parts they want for there sleds . full access to machine shop and dyno. new tuck and trailer every few yrs .all gas and lodging pd . no income from it . but decent side cash selling a hand full of sleds and tuning other guys chit .

pretty much takes up all there free time early fall to late spring

It sure seems like alot of hassle just to go fast for 5 seconds. :lol:

14 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

It sure seems like alot of hassle just to go fast for 5 seconds. :lol:

5 seconds that would be pretty slow lol.

been on one? it is a rush

I use to be in to drag racing never as much as my buds but it was fun for a bit . now in order to be remotely competitive it is very $$$$$$$$$ . 

21 hours ago, f7ben said:

I like modding shit ....and so do a lot of other sledders....if you like stock good for you

Clutching is a no brainer most times the bolt on shit is a waste of time and usually affects reliability. Unless your getting into internals your going to get almost no gain on a normally aspirated mill :) 

22 hours ago, snoughnut said:

It's certainly an age thing, I couldn't keep my hands off my sleds either when I was an immature juvenile like banananose :lol: Pipes,heads,clutching,jetting etc., I had grease under my nails constantly. Screw that shit any more, I'd just want to ride.

That's why I bought a four stroke. Pour gas in it and ride. No more tinkering and constantly fixing shit.

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I said reliable . Osp has a rep of 1 or 2 races then full rebuild. there new yammi is far north of 35k in just a motor and it is not lasting . btw a old zuk can get 600 on a stock crank it is just a matter of how many runs u want it to make. if she is just a dyno queen 600no prob

You dont know what you are babbling about. I have owned several of both. The 1200 will run 50% more power than the zook for years with the proper tune. 400hp on a bone stock 1200 with head studs is nothing. Try that on a zook and you scatter it. 

Bone stock 1200 will run 325 on pump gas with a motec. Cat is maxed at 250 or so.

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

Clutching is a no brainer most times the bolt on shit is a waste of time and usually affects reliability. Unless your getting into internals your going to get almost no gain on a normally aspirated mill :) 

That is starting to change....the new ecus in 2 strokes are using more sensors and correction maps. 

Common wisdom is pistons and rods on the 1100 at over 300 hp. Pistons only on the 1200 over 425 or so unless you have a perfect tune and stand alone. Then the sky is the limit on stock internals

42 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You dont know what you are babbling about. I have owned several of both. The 1200 will run 50% more power than the zook for years with the proper tune. 400hp on a bone stock 1200 with head studs is nothing. Try that on a zook and you scatter it. 

one stock 1200 will run 325 on pump gas with a motec. Cat is maxed at 250 or so.

bull shit a zuk has no prob with 400hp with just head bolts . where do u get this shit?

if that 1200 was such a monster as u pretend it is one would see more than 1 for every 25 cats at sanctioned events . one would also expect way more wins than the 1 or so per event  .