Hey check this out

Anler

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

No turbo 4 stroke.....:finger: Ski Doo

I spoke to a guy about this three years ago.  He said they were trying it but it couldn't hold together.  At least not for Doo standards.  I just don't think they want the problems that come with that kind of power.  I still don't really understand the Cat turbo guys.  Speed and power of that magnitude come at a hefty price.

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I spoke to a guy about this three years ago.  He said they were trying it but it couldn't hold together.  At least not for Doo standards.  I just don't think they want the problems that come with that kind of power.  I still don't really understand the Cat turbo guys.  Speed and power of that magnitude come at a hefty price.

It's a limited market, maybe they just don't see the roi...

It's also pretty one dimensional. Goes fast in a straight line. Whoopee!

Edited by Anler

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They've had supercharged motors in their PWC's for a while now I think. New chassis with a forced induction 4 stroke and 144" :thumb:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

It's a limited market, maybe they just don't see the roi...

It's also pretty one dimensional. Goes fast in a straight line. Whoopee!

Agreed.  I think Poo feels the same way.  Cat can have that shit. They've earned it though.  Stupid fast, but...straight-lining has never been my thing either.  Lame.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Agreed.  I think Poo feels the same way.  Cat can have that shit. They've earned it though.  Stupid fast, but...straight-lining has never been my thing either.  Lame.

Vince rode the sidewinder a couple weeks ago. He said it's crazy fast but of course felt heavy and didn't handle all that great. For the performance trail market I still say 2 stroke is where it's at. 

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Then why did he mod it, and now it runs worse.   Probably no where near as fast as he says 

Cuz he can't leave well enough alone. I put 400 miles on one this weekend. It's plenty fast. 

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Geez , it must have been pretty fuckin bad then  :lol: 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

Cuz he can't leave well enough alone. I put 400 miles on one this weekend. It's plenty fast. 

Cause he's a hack and shouldn't own tools :news:

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Oh Noes ...not mods !!!!! whatever will we do !!!!

Go on FSCE and complain about how shitty your sled runs now :lol: