Russian jets in 'unsafe' encounters with destroyer: U.S. official

Source: Reuters

Multiple Russian military aircraft came close to a U.S. Navy destroyer in the Black Sea on Feb. 10, incidents considered "unsafe and unprofessional," a U.S. official said on Tuesday.

There were three separate incidents involving Russian aircraft and the USS Porter, Captain Danny Hernandez, a spokesman for U.S. European Command, said. One involved two Russian Su-24 jets, another a separate Su-24, and the third involved a larger IL-38.

"USS Porter queried all aircraft and received no response," Hernandez said.

"Such incidents are concerning because they can result in accident or miscalculation," he added.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-military-idUSKBN15T2MU?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

but I thought u were all telling us Russia was on trumps payroll or trump was on there's?  hard to keep it straight.  now they are showing aggression to there friend to make him there puppet as u say look bad . so tangled this web 

10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

but I thought u were all telling us Russia was on trumps payroll or trump was on there's?  hard to keep it straight.  now they are showing aggression to there friend to make him there puppet as u say look bad . so tangled this web 

Have your man Trump call his bud Vladdy?

Hey it could be a ploy by Vlad. Trump responds and Vladdy backs off making Trump look like a hero......who really knows.

Write your members in congress....lmao

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

I would not want to be an unidentified aircraft closing in on an Arleigh Burke class destroyer. You would be better off in an electric chair. At least your family would have something to bury.

What response would the destroyer have if the aircraft unleashed it's payload at 200 yards?

Another U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the lone Su-24 came within 200 yards (meters) of the Porter at an altitude of 300 feet (90 meters).

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-military-idUSKBN15T2MU?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

I would not want to be an unidentified aircraft closing in on an Arleigh Burke class destroyer. You would be better off in an electric chair. At least your family would have something to bury.

what did a third world nation do to the USS Cole? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What response would the destroyer have if the aircraft unleashed it's payload at 200 yards?

Why don't you tell the class Vince....I'm sure you're an expert on this as well.

Hold on.  I need to go panic.

But first.....Vinny, who the fuck is giving this "yard/meter"  in your quote?  Are these from a "US Official" also?

cuz....LEGIT!   So we are  now letting fighter jets come within a few hundred feet of our destroyers? Hmmm....this sounds very Obama-ish.

After I am done panicking, I may check on this.  Assuming I recover and don't want to protest something afterwords.

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

But first.....Vinny, who the fuck is giving this "yard/meter"  in your quote?  Are these from a "US Official" also?

cuz....LEGIT!   So we are  now letting fighter jets come within a few hundred feet of our destroyers? Hmmm....this sounds very Obama-ish.

After I am done panicking, I may check on this.  Assuming I recover and don't want to protest something afterwords.

Vince in his skinnier days playing military aviation expert. :lol:

IMG_2775.thumb.JPG.3dbe9c35860dc6ab4e2e06fc8dc63ca8.JPG

27 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I think the standard orders still stand that on the open ocean the Seawiz must be armed at all times. which means an unidentified incoming plane would not get that close.

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

They have their own anti aircraft defense systems.  If they wanted those jets down, they would have been shot down. 

5 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

:lol:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

:lol:

"I gotta send you two jokers to Top Gun!"

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think the standard orders still stand that on the open ocean the Seawiz must be armed at all times. which means an unidentified incoming plane would not get that close.

This story is so full of holes It makes me wanna grab for some lube.  

26 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

what did a third world nation do to the USS Cole? 

Yea but the Cole was placed in harms way by fueling where it did for political reasons. It is not a matter of what the US Navy can do to protect it self but more a question of what they are allowed to do. I would add that in the last 10 or 15 years the Navy has been moving towards a more Littoral fleet (ie shallow water ships, smaller and closer to shore) which is going to put them in harms way more often than the blue water Navy of the past. 

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Source: Reuters

Multiple Russian military aircraft came close to a U.S. Navy destroyer in the Black Sea on Feb. 10, incidents considered "unsafe and unprofessional," a U.S. official said on Tuesday.

There were three separate incidents involving Russian aircraft and the USS Porter, Captain Danny Hernandez, a spokesman for U.S. European Command, said. One involved two Russian Su-24 jets, another a separate Su-24, and the third involved a larger IL-38.

"USS Porter queried all aircraft and received no response," Hernandez said.

"Such incidents are concerning because they can result in accident or miscalculation," he added.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-military-idUSKBN15T2MU?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Trump will tweet an apology.

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Why don't you tell the class Vince....I'm sure you're an expert on this as well.

I can understand the pollack not being to bright, but I suppose a VOC fume breathing wooden shoe is expected to have some level of mental retardation too; in any event since Carlos sounded like such an expert on what an Arleigh-Burke Class DDG can defend itself against I thought I would ask him a question so as to be enlightened =.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Obama called it in on 01-20-17, it's Trumpish now.

The standing orders must have been different last April :news:  

A Russian Sukhoi Su-24 attack aircraft makes a very low altitude pass by USS Donald Cook (DDG-75) April 12, 2016. © US Navy / 

58a386a1c46188264c8b45a4.jpg

https://www.rt.com/news/377363-russia-black-sea-flyby-porter/

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I can understand the pollack not being to bright, but I suppose a VOC fume breathing wooden shoe is expected to have some level of mental retardation too; in any event since Carlos sounded like such an expert on what an Arleigh-Burke Class DDG can defend itself against I thought I would ask him a question so as to be enlightened =.

Obama called it in on 01-20-17, it's Trumpish now.

#1). "Wooden shoe". :lol:

B.) ...on my post

IMG_1765.JPG

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Have your man Trump call his bud Vladdy?

Hey it could be a ploy by Vlad. Trump responds and Vladdy backs off making Trump look like a hero......who really knows.

Write your members in congress....lmao

Too bad your fat fuckin hero Kennedy is not here to call them like he did for the Reagan election,,,