GOP senator calls for exhaustive investigation into Trump-Russia connections

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/319425-blunt-calls-for-exhaustive-investigation-into-trump-russia-connections

By Rebecca Savransky - 02/14/17 11:22 AM EST

Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) on Tuesday said there should be an exhaustive investigation into the ties between Russia and the Trump administration.

"I think everybody needs that investigation to happen," Blunt told KTRS radio, CNN reported.
"And the Senate Intelligence Committee, again that I serve on, has been given the principle responsibility to look into this, and I think we should look into it exhaustively so that at the end of this process, nobody wonders whether there was a stone left unturned, and shouldn't reach conclusions before you have the information that you need to have to make those conclusions."

Blunt said the Senate Intelligence Committee should also talk to the president's former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, "very soon," adding that discussion should "answer a lot of questions."

"What did he know? What did he do? And is there any reason to believe that anybody else knew that and didn't take the kind of action they should have taken?" he said.

"For all of us, finding out if there's a problem or not and sooner rather than later is the right thing to do," he added.