6.2 gm v8 gets fucked in the ass by a v6 again

BOHICA

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Legend said:

Yes. Currently Boondocker is the only company that does this. I think they have the patent on that as well as part throttle-part boost as well. 

All others you have to change springs (Silber) or manually turn the boost controller (Impulse). 

What elevation are the engines dynoed at? I doubt its sea level. Probably whatever the elevation is in Detroit. So race them in Detroit. 

Don't get me wrong, I think the Ford probably wins in Detroit too. But those buttfucks in that vid don't have a clue. They just play on the brand wars shit. 

And lets get real, people may buy trucks because of HP numbers. But how many actually use every bit of that HP everyday? 

Dyno's numbers are typically corrected to what your hp would be at sea level I think...  maybe not.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Mean elevation of the US is 2500 ft....  no state has an elevation average of sea level.  So it makes no sense that gm 6.2's only perform at sea level but can't handle a v6 when you get off the beach at low tide.

Exactly 

Morale of the story, Government Motors is junk 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Exactly 

Morale of the story, Government Motors is junk 

Morale of the story is the 6.2 is Gm's top motor in their 1/2 tons you can get and it gets bitched slapped by a v6.  People can make any excuses they want but Ford is on top in both the 1/2 ton segment and HD segment

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Morale of the story is the 6.2 is Gm's top motor in their 1/2 tons you can get and it gets bitched slapped by a v6.  People can make any excuses they want but Ford is on top in both the 1/2 ton segment and HD segment

Be that as it may...I see mostly Dodge HD then GM HD while traveling....very little fords.

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Dave said:

Be that as it may...I see mostly Dodge HD then GM HD while traveling....very little fords.

Ford Hd's easily out sell the competition the number are out there.  Canada as well ford sells way more full size.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/02/going-deeper-2016-full-size-pickup-sales-analysis.html

16 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ford Hd's easily out sell the competition the number are out there.  Canada as well ford sells way more full size.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/02/going-deeper-2016-full-size-pickup-sales-analysis.html

Gm outsells ford in hd sales and over all pick up sales....do the math dummy.

55 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

39 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

yep 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Morale of the story is the 6.2 is Gm's top motor in their 1/2 tons you can get and it gets bitched slapped by a twin turbo'd v6.  People can make any excuses they want but Ford is on top in both the 1/2 ton segment and HD segment

Fixed for accuracy since you left out the most important part.