6.2 gm v8 gets fucked in the ass by a v6 again

BOHICA

You're going to piss off those GM lovers that liked to compare the GM to the Ford but always compared the top end GM to the average Ford. Different story when you compare top end production Ford to production GM.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Legend said:

again gay.

NA vs boost at elevation? 

Im not a chevy guy, but at least try to find some somewhat apples comparisons.

Why discount the advantage that boost offers? Very little of the country is at or below sea level

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Why discount the advantage that boost offers? Very little of the country is at or below sea level

And very little of the country is at 1 mile above sea level. 

Im all for boost. I think every engine should have a turbo. 

But if you are going to do an acceleration test, make it equal for both. Chevys HP rating is at what ever elevation, so is Fords, then you must race them at that elevation. 

3 minutes ago, Legend said:

And very little of the country is at 1 mile above sea level. 

Im all for boost. I think every engine should have a turbo. 

But if you are going to do an acceleration test, make it equal for both. Chevys HP rating is at what ever elevation, so is Fords, then you must race them at that elevation. 

agreed

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

Those guys are huuuuge faggots. And very irrelevant.

agreed

18 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Being above sea level takes away power from vehicles with boost also 

not anywhere near the same extent as NA ....I would imagine the engineers at ford are smart enough to altitude compensate with boost control so it would be shocking if its not making the same power at almost any altitude 

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

not anywhere near the same extent as NA ....I would imagine the engineers at ford are smart enough to altitude compensate with boost control so it would be shocking if its not making the same power at almost any altitude 

They still lose power at elevation

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I wish ....I love AMG

Fat ass is just a BH hurt fat ass. And that's all he will ever amount to is a huge pile of fat shit. 

Some day hopefully, eagle beak :bc:

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

They still lose power at elevation

Fat ass is just a BH hurt fat ass. And that's all he will ever amount to is a huge pile of fat shit. 

Some day hopefully, eagle beak :bc:

Butthurt about what? Like I said you are the one who continually threatens me...why are you so mad? :lol:

A well sized and tuned turbo will only lose hp from air density. But that can be made up through boost. In any case its a very low percent. 

A NA will lose 15% at 5k feet, and 30% at 10k. 

Not even close to apples comparison. 

Edited by Legend

BTW, in case you care, Boondocker has the sled market cornered on electronic boost controllers. And their setups DO make the same power at sea level as they do at 12K ft. My riding bud has their setup and the clutching is EXACTLY the same at home (900 ft) as it is at 12K ft in Wyoming. 

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

BTW, in case you care, Boondocker has the sled market cornered on electronic boost controllers. And their setups DO make the same power at sea level as they do at 12K ft. My riding bud has their setup and the clutching is EXACTLY the same at home (900 ft) as it is at 12K ft in Wyoming. 

it doesnt matter if the air is less dense when you can just jam more volume in

• Gold Member
Just now, Legend said:

Are they increasing boost as they go up as that is what i did as to not mess with clutching with my boondocker m7.

Mean elevation of the US is 2500 ft....  no state has an elevation average of sea level.  So it makes no sense that gm 6.2's only perform at sea level but can't handle a v6 when you get off the beach at low tide.

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

it doesnt matter if the air is less dense when you can just jam more volume in

Yes, but to a point. You will get over the MAP efficiency of the turbo and be producing more heat than power. Of course a well sized turbo will take care of this. Obviously intercoolers as well, but you lose psi and hp with intercoolers as well. There is a certain point at which intercoolers make sense, but I don't recall of the top of my head what that is. 

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Are they increasing boost as they go up as that is what i did as to not mess with clutching with my boondocker m7.

Mean elevation of the US is 2500 ft....  no state has an elevation average of sea level.  So it makes no sense that gm 6.2's only perform at sea level but can't handle a v6 when you get off the beach at low tide.

Yes. Currently Boondocker is the only company that does this. I think they have the patent on that as well as part throttle-part boost as well. 

All others you have to change springs (Silber) or manually turn the boost controller (Impulse). 

What elevation are the engines dynoed at? I doubt its sea level. Probably whatever the elevation is in Detroit. So race them in Detroit. 

Don't get me wrong, I think the Ford probably wins in Detroit too. But those buttfucks in that vid don't have a clue. They just play on the brand wars shit. 

And lets get real, people may buy trucks because of HP numbers. But how many actually use every bit of that HP everyday?