Mike Ilitch has died

• Platinum Contributing Member

Was one helluva team owner and City of Detroit booster....RIP.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/columnists/2017/02/10/ilitch-detroit-pizza-red-wings-tigers-hockey-forbes/91475642/

Edited by Biggie Smails

The first little ceasars pizza joint was in garden city close to where I grew up. Him and his wife ran the place. I just read he was worth almost 6B. Great American success story. Rip mike :bc: 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Edmo said:

The first little ceasars pizza joint was in garden city close to where I grew up. Him and his wife ran the place. I just read he was worth almost 6B. Great American success story. Rip mike :bc: 

Very unassuming as well....his daughter Denise and her husband Jim Lites had a place here and a few years back I was in KMart and Mr. Ilitch was was there just wandering around in sweatpants and a windbreaker....I didn't bother him.

23 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Very unassuming as well....his daughter Denise and her husband Jim Lites had a place here and a few years back I was in KMart and Mr. Ilitch was was there just wandering around in sweatpants and a windbreaker....I didn't bother him.

He was a great guy. You should have stopped him and shook his hand and thanked him for all he's done in the great state of Michigan with the Red Wings, Tigers, Little Caesars, etc. He wouldn't have minded, he would have loved it :bc:

58 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

He was a great guy. You should have stopped him and shook his hand and thanked him for all he's done in the great state of Michigan with the Red Wings, Tigers, Little Caesars, etc. He wouldn't have minded, he would have loved it :bc:

Looking back I wish I would have. :bc:

Some good stories coming out. I never knew he paid for rosa parks rent for years after she was robbed. Or that he gave a veteran who got his legs blown off a little Ceasars franchise. Good stuff. :bc: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Some good stories coming out. I never knew he paid for rosa parks rent for years after she was robbed. Or that he gave a veteran who got his legs blown off a little Ceasars franchise. Good stuff. :bc: 

i read that 5 minutes ago. seemed like a great guy.

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

I head about that before. 

Hopefully they doing something extra special for him at the new arena.  

Would be cool if they dumped the cheesy name of Little Ceasers arena and changed it to Illitch Arena or Illitch Stadium 

You heading up to Caddy this weekend? 

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I head about that before. 

Hopefully they doing something extra special for him at the new arena.  

Would be cool if they dumped the cheesy name of Little Ceasers arena and changed it to Illitch Arena or Illitch Stadium 

You heading up to Caddy this weekend? 

No. Riding in 50 degree weather doesn't appeal to me. One more year like this and the cabin goes up for sale and I'm back to trailering. Fuck! :suicide: