Snowflakes

revrnd

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

All schools need aptitude tests for kids at a very early age, I would say around 10 years old, grades 4-5.

This would give them some idea of what they could excel at, and start heading in that direction.

Everyone likes being good at what they do, give them a chance and direction. Find out early what peaks the kids interests.  

Way to many kids to-day coming out of colleges and universities these days with zero idea about what field they want to go into.  

I,ve seen lots of great kids that did poorly in schools finally end up with great jobs, because they finally found a job in the field where they had an interest. Whether they are carpenters, electricians, computer geeks, it doesn,t matter, if they have an interest in it and like it, most will do a great job.

The tough part is finding the proper line of work that fits the person. Unfortunately, book smart does not always translate to job smart.

The main reason shops are not in schools are the parents don't want their kids to take them and look down on the trades.  Retarded mentality really.

I remember walking in on a conversation between a parent an my son's elementary principal where the parent was complaining her daughter could not find a job with her university artsie degree.  Well other than teaching, who else is going to hire her?

Until the kids frontal lobe develops (sometimes not until 21) many won't understand their full potential, but by that time it may be too late to revisit plans.

Lots of students in university enter thinking they know what they want to do picking program based on that. Then at the end of the first year or perhaps second realize what they're studying isn't the right fit and change their program.

Weapons used in a fight were an extreme rarity.  Never saw one produced in a fight, ever. 

18 hours ago, Poncho said:

Nope.....not rare at all, as a matter of fact, we all cared a knife in the 60's and 70's and we took them to school......back then we used a knife to open pop cans, carve wood and make stuff for art class and so on, but never as a weapon, ever...it was normal to have a knife back in the good old days......

Not so normal for guns...but in that respect, Canada lead the way for school shootings, I was there and witnessed......3 dead, 14 wounded.....sucked.....never forget that stuff.

5 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Weapons used in a fight were an extreme rarity.  Never saw one produced in a fight, ever. 

"Never saw one produced in a fight"...lol.......shit man, did you grow up in a tough neighborhood......lol

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎07 at 8:55 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

The main reason shops are not in schools are the parents don't want their kids to take them and look down on the trades.  Retarded mentality really.

I remember walking in on a conversation between a parent an my son's elementary principal where the parent was complaining her daughter could not find a job with her university artsie degree.  Well other than teaching, who else is going to hire her?

Until the kids frontal lobe develops (sometimes not until 21) many won't understand their full potential, but by that time it may be too late to revisit plans.

My daughter is taking auto shop this semester in grade eleven. She likes it. Still will not change the oil in my truck...She wants to be a firefighter, not sure why, but no matter what she wants to do, I will support and encourage her.

• Like 1