Snowflakes

revrnd

W/ the "no kid is left behind" mentality anymore, how does a kid actually graduate from high school w/ any kind of a diploma? I know there are kids that may not be great w/ the academics, but 'magicians' w/ their hands. They'd probably get a job in the trades. Then are the ones that didn't give a fuck and were screw ups in the shops as well.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

I know dogs have a soothing effect and are great for lifting morale in seniors homes, hospitals and more. The point is that if students in high school can't deal with that horrendous stress they are under what are they ever going to do in the real world. You know, paying the bills when you've run out of money but there's still some of the month left over, family dynamics, perhaps losing a job and so much more. Businesses where dogs are found are rare exceptions. Like you said, the owners dog. 

Well Cliffy , You definitely are way out of touch with today's corporate world , no matter how much you tell yourself that you have been offered soo much money to stay and how important you are at the call center . Today's schools are about getting kids to want to come , and stay , and learn . And sometimes they do things that old crotchety people don't like and say " oh my , how are they going to survive in the real world " . 

But it don't feel bad , those old cranky old out of touch people said the same about you . Look at these kids , wearing Dungarees to school , and learning about those computers ! Computers are just a tv , no business is gonna need those toys .

so , remember this :) 

Edited by StevieWonder

57 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

Well Cliffy , You definitely are way out of touch with today's corporate world , no matter how much you tell yourself that you have been offered soo much money to stay and how important you are at the call center . Today's schools are about getting kids to want to come , and stay , and learn . And sometimes they do things that old crotchety people don't like and say " oh my , how are they going to survive in the real world " . 

But it don't feel bad , those old cranky old out of touch people said the same about you . Look at these kids , wearing Dungarees to school , and learning about those computers ! Computers are just a tv , no business is gonna need those toys .

so , remember this :) 

Obviously Stevie Blunder you're one of those that believe in Mollycoddling kids. No losers, everyone's a winner and gets a trophy.  Even at the high school level.  Too bad you only think you understand the reality of the corporate world. 

I guess you're perhaps a product of the earlier versions of everyone is a winner. Reality in the corporate world is everyone competes daily especially in today's environment. Your employer competes for market share, the employees compete to not be the one to go during a downsizing and they compete for the promotion opportunities. 

Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. How are those students going to deal with the stresses of the competition for their first job and the ongoing stresses of life. When's the last time your boss came to you after a rough day and gave you a hug saying it's alright Stevia tomorrow will be better, never forget you're a winner just like everyone.

7 hours ago, 02sled said:

Obviously Stevie Blunder you're one of those that believe in Mollycoddling kids. No losers, everyone's a winner and gets a trophy.  Even at the high school level.  Too bad you only think you understand the reality of the corporate world. 

I guess you're perhaps a product of the earlier versions of everyone is a winner. Reality in the corporate world is everyone competes daily especially in today's environment. Your employer competes for market share, the employees compete to not be the one to go during a downsizing and they compete for the promotion opportunities. 

Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. How are those students going to deal with the stresses of the competition for their first job and the ongoing stresses of life. When's the last time your boss came to you after a rough day and gave you a hug saying it's alright Stevia tomorrow will be better, never forget you're a winner just like everyone.

Wow , it always amazes me how completely obtuse you are . 

I don't believe in mollycoddling at all . I believe in teaching kids to work hard , and get good grades . And if you fail at something , to wipe yourself off and get up and try again . If a dog walking around the halls makes a kid want to come to school , who maybe doesn't want to come , and out of that you have less drop outs . Unless you like drop outs , uneducated kids , who can't get jobs , and will be welfare cases . 

Its a dog , and if there was never stress at high school , why are there guidance councillors ? 

And thank you again for pointing out to us what the corporate world is Cliffy , and how life works . And now have a nap , while the rest of us go to work in the Corporate world that has no use for you anymore . 

It's ok , you did your time , we all appreciate it , Sears will go under because your not there anymore .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

W/ the "no kid is left behind" mentality anymore, how does a kid actually graduate from high school w/ any kind of a diploma? I know there are kids that may not be great w/ the academics, but 'magicians' w/ their hands. They'd probably get a job in the trades. Then are the ones that didn't give a fuck and were screw ups in the shops as well.

I not sure how important marks really are anymore.  Esp with today's 21st century kids being suffocated in a 19th century learning environment and when any technical challenge comes around the teacher just lets any student handle it rather than looking incompetent themselves.  I feel sorry for them being bored out of their minds gifted with the tools to succeed, but can't use them and being help back.

9 hours ago, 02sled said:

That sounds more like I will stab you in the back before you stab me first mentality,  that attitude is not going to help any company grow, its a recipe for failure.  The fact is as you get larger, it is impossible to have all 'A' players and even if you could, they would not get along.  Everyone has a role, they have strengths and weaknesses.  Know them and build on that to make the team stronger.  The right people need to be rewarded, sometimes its the ones most respected who the team will follow, not the guy/gal who thinks they are carrying it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieWonder said:

Wow , it always amazes me how completely obtuse you are . 

I don't believe in mollycoddling at all . I believe in teaching kids to work hard , and get good grades . And if you fail at something , to wipe yourself off and get up and try again . If a dog walking around the halls makes a kid want to come to school , who maybe doesn't want to come , and out of that you have less drop outs . Unless you like drop outs , uneducated kids , who can't get jobs , and will be welfare cases . 

Its a dog , and if there was never stress at high school , why are there guidance councillors ? 

And thank you again for pointing out to us what the corporate world is Cliffy , and how life works . And now have a nap , while the rest of us go to work in the Corporate world that has no use for you anymore . 

It's ok , you did your time , we all appreciate it , Sears will go under because your not there anymore .

Poor poor Stevie... the dog isn't making kids come to school. If you believe in what you say you do then a high school student needs to learn to deal with stress which is what I have been saying. Dealing with stress isn't running to the snowflake safe place to hug a dog to deal with the stress of a test.

Your assumptions are wrong Stevie Blunder.... it's been a long time since I worked for Sears, I left there and went to another employer then it was my decision to retire from my other employer. Since I have been retired I have turned down full time offers where they reached out to me. I have also been doing some independent consulting so I guess the corporate world still has use for me.

5 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Poor poor Stevie... the dog isn't making kids come to school. If you believe in what you say you do then a high school student needs to learn to deal with stress which is what I have been saying. Dealing with stress isn't running to the snowflake safe place to hug a dog to deal with the stress of a test.

Your assumptions are wrong Stevie Blunder.... it's been a long time since I worked for Sears, I left there and went to another employer then it was my decision to retire from my other employer. Since I have been retired I have turned down full time offers where they reached out to me. I have also been doing some independent consulting so I guess the corporate world still has use for me.

It's the positive environment that makes kids who don't want to go , want to go . But I wouldn't expect a out of date , put out to pasture person to understand anything modern . Poor poor Cliffy 0tool , 

Sure you have turned down all these great offers . We believe that like we believe all the other long winded rhetoric you spout . 

Im sure after any interview the person would wake up and say , my God , what a great nap I just had .

28 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That sounds more like I will stab you in the back before you stab me first mentality,  that attitude is not going to help any company grow, its a recipe for failure.  The fact is as you get larger, it is impossible to have all 'A' players and even if you could, they would not get along.  Everyone has a role, they have strengths and weaknesses.  Know them and build on that to make the team stronger.  The right people need to be rewarded, sometimes its the ones most respected who the team will follow, not the guy/gal who thinks they are carrying it.

You're absolutely right, everyone has strengths and weaknesses and a successful team is a blend of those. Referring to all A players is rather simplistic but in reality you do want the A players of a singular strength or the B player of multiple strengths that combined put them at the forefront.

You have someone who excels at planning while everyone else is mediocre and you have a need for a strong planner than that person is likely to be kept over the mediocre however if you have someone who does not excel at planning but is solid at planning and execution then that may be the person who is retained dependent upon the business situation such as allowable head count numbers. If circumstances allow you may want to have the person who excels at planning and another who excels at execution retained provided for example there is enough work load to keep the planner fully engaged and the executor fully engaged. Either way it is still a competition where the person who provides the least value to the success of the business is the first to go.

Just like an effective team is made up of a variety of personality types... all with different strengths but your going to keep those with the strengths that you need to make that successful team.

Capture1.JPG.cf9dd423fbf74cc31b8ef59310b709b0.JPG

33 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

It's the positive environment that makes kids who don't want to go , want to go . But I wouldn't expect a out of date , put out to pasture person to understand anything modern . Poor poor Cliffy 0tool , 

Sure you have turned down all these great offers . We believe that like we believe all the other long winded rhetoric you spout . 

Im sure after any interview the person would wake up and say , my God , what a great nap I just had .

You believe what you want Stevie Blunder... There are lots of jobs that are never advertised. The employer has their recruiters seek out qualified people. I chose and still choose to be retired rather than go back to a full time job and choose to selectively take on short term consulting jobs that I find appealing..... now go back to making those tough decisions replacing that pump on that washing machine. Maybe you should have a dog traveling with you to deal with your stressful days.

Edited by 02sled

31 minutes ago, 02sled said:

You believe what you want Stevie Blunder... There are lots of jobs that are never advertised. The employer has their recruiters seek out qualified people. I chose and still choose to be retired rather than go back to a full time job and choose to selectively take on short term consulting jobs that I find appealing..... now go back to making those tough decisions replacing that pump on that washing machine. Maybe you should have a dog traveling with you to deal with your stressful days.

Zzzzzzzzzz

sorry I fell asleep when you were talking ...

35 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Huh?  Stevie is a cosmetic surgeon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieWonder said:

Zzzzzzzzzz

sorry I fell asleep when you were talking ...

probably just like you do on the job... oh the stress of replacing that belt on the dryer

Edited by 02sled

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Huh?  Stevie is a cosmetic surgeon.

So then why would a cosmetic surgeon be asked for and provide his expertise on washing machine repairs and saying he gets trade discounts on parts in the topic of LG Washing Machine Drain Pump

Capture1.thumb.JPG.3234ed10ad5ce42b34447f6fc6465695.JPG

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

You're a legend in your own mind, aren't you, 02? :kissmyass: 

And for someone who never had kids, you actually think, which isn't surprising, that you know what is going on with kids lives this day and age and the society the face today, and everything else for that matter. 

Tell me, and tell the truth now, has anyone outside of this site ever told you, you like to hear yourself talk, especially about things you know zero about? :snack:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, irv said:

You're a legend in your own mind, aren't you, 02? :kissmyass: 

And for someone who never had kids, you actually think, which isn't surprising, that you know what is going on with kids lives this day and age and the society the face today, and everything else for that matter. 

Tell me, and tell the truth now, has anyone outside of this site ever told you, you like to hear yourself talk, especially about things you know zero about? :snack:

I know the field I worked in very well including the large corporate environment and when someone who doesn't tries to make up BS from their imagination about me or my profession then I will correct their lies.

It doesn't take having kids in high school to know that yes there are stressors in a high school students life but it also doesn't take much awareness to know for a fact that those stressors are minor to those that someone will face in their adult life. It also is just common sense that people need to be prepared to deal with the stressors they will face in their adult life. That doesn't mean running to your safe place every time you're faced with a challenge.

What is your area of expertise Irv, do you have one or are you just blowing smoke. I avoid topics I know nothing about. As an example I don't tread into what snowmobile clutch is better than another or really much of anything on the engines, suspension etc. I leave that to the mechanics which I am not nor have I ever professed to be. I take my gas powered toys to the experts in that field.

Something like I know a lot about computer operating systems, primarily servers but I haven't weighed in on your computer problem because I am not familiar with Windows 10. Never used it. If you were Windows 7 Pro version that would be different. I could help.

Edited by 02sled

37 minutes ago, 02sled said:

So then why would a cosmetic surgeon be asked for and provide his expertise on washing machine repairs and saying he gets trade discounts on parts in the topic of LG Washing Machine Drain Pump

Capture1.thumb.JPG.3234ed10ad5ce42b34447f6fc6465695.JPG

He does face lifts.

Its good to be well rounded.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I know the field I worked in very well including the large corporate environment and when someone who doesn't tries to make up BS from their imagination about me or my profession then I will correct their lies.

It doesn't take having kids in high school to know that yes there are stressors in a high school students life but it also doesn't take much awareness to know for a fact that those stressors are minor to those that someone will face in their adult life. It also is just common sense that people need to be prepared to deal with the stressors they will face in their adult life. That doesn't mean running to your safe place every time you're faced with a challenge.

What is your area of expertise Irv, do you have one or are you just blowing smoke. I avoid topics I know nothing about. As an example I don't tread into what snowmobile clutch is better than another or really much of anything on the engines, suspension etc. I leave that to the mechanics which I am not nor have I ever professed to be. I take my gas powered toys to the experts in that field.

Something like I know a lot about computer operating systems, primarily servers but I haven't weighed in on your computer problem because I am not familiar with Windows 10. Never used it. If you were Windows 7 Pro version that would be different. I could help.

What is the big difference between Win 7 Pro and Windows 10 that you could be an expert in one and naive in the other?  They are not really different and the OS was never in suspect.

I have done my own repairs and maintenance to my vehicles and powersports in the past and just recently starting doing oil changes, brakes etc to our cars again.  Why?  To teach my son, that its a good lesson to learn as much as you can about as many things as you can.  Hands on skills are fundamental and there is a major shortage coming out of the schools from all levels.  If I spend a day with my son teaching him the fundamentals, its not a cost savings for me when I factor what I could be doing instead, but that is not really the point.

• Like 1