Snowflakes

revrnd

And I don't mean the type that falls from the sky.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3239931/jian-ghomeshis-lawyer-marie-henein-to-speak-to-universities-despite-some-opposition/

I guess it pisses these feminists off that not only did Ghomeshi get acquitted, his defense lawyer was a woman.

The fact that the complainants were morons had nothing to do w/ it.

She did the right thing, and got the right verdict for her client,  smart girl.  

Libtards can't seem to deal with reality when things do not go their way.  Apparently Tards were trying to force Shopify from supporting Breitbart's purchasing system, glad they told them to fuck off.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pt3189 said:

i Think there have been far too many participation ribbons and trophies handed out in this country, The special snowflakes have no idea how to handle a loss.

A friend of my wife's is a teacher. She was essentially told that when dealing with the kids, everyone is a winner, there aren't any losers and be sure to reinforce that.

50 minutes ago, 02sled said:

A friend of my wife's is a teacher. She was essentially told that when dealing with the kids, everyone is a winner, there aren't any losers and be sure to reinforce that.

Sure doesn't prepare them for the real world does it?

38 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Sure doesn't prepare them for the real world does it?

Nope... Over my career I won some and lost some. At times my boss would have a different solution than me. I presented my opinion but he was steadfast in his. I lost so I did things his way. He was the boss. Sometimes he saw things my way as well.

You are starting to see the snowflake everyone's a winner approach showing up in the real world and it is sad. :crybaby: I didn't get the promotion. You don't whine about it. Figure out why and do what it takes to make sure you do the next time. Prime example. Chrystia Freeland left Paris on the verge of tears because the Paris trade talks were at a standstill. The snowflakes won't fare very well with Trump.

Edited by 02sled

I'd hate to be a manager that had to deal w/ people like this. I'll have to ask a friend that works downtown for RBC. I know she talks about some of her unqualified or unmotivated co-workers. She's in her late 40s & knowing her personality, I doubt she has much time for this nonsense.

34 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I'd hate to be a manager that had to deal w/ people like this. I'll have to ask a friend that works downtown for RBC. I know she talks about some of her unqualified or unmotivated co-workers. She's in her late 40s & knowing her personality, I doubt she has much time for this nonsense.

I've had a couple that have played the stress leave card for a job that is about as stress free as they come. They find some doctor to give them a letter saying they are stressed. They go on sick leave until that runs out and then STD then LTD. Eventually the LTD doctors tell them go back to work or lose the payments. They come back and get the easiest ride one could imagine. Once they have been back 6 months they are eligible for a brand new claim. About the 5th month you start hearing about how hard things are and how stressed they feel, building up to 6 months and a week of being back when they show up with another doctors letter.

Is it coincidence when the person that came back from stress leave, their friend who they had lunch with each day suddenly shows up with a letter claiming stress as well.

Edited by 02sled

Really?

http://www.chextv.com/2017/02/14/students-angry-over-pioneer-road-tree-cutting/

I thought the 1st girl was going to cry. I'm familiar w/ the road the cedars were along the edge of the road. The road is barely 2 lanes wide w/ no shoulders. Probably has to be upgraded for the increased traffic.

This generation cries over everything.

I have to wonder why stories like this even make the news. I guess no rummies fell into Jackson Creek on Tues'.

This is so stupid it's sad. My god the horror, they cut down a bunch of cedars on the sides of the narrow road. Consult the students, yeah right. The students are essentially customers paying to get an education. After they graduate they will be gone and not look back, except perhaps a snowflake or two. How many return to their alma mater after graduation. Feel the heart brake with mother earth... what an idiot. Then the University goes out of their way to kiss the butt of the snowflakes because they complained.

3 minutes ago, 02sled said:

This is so stupid it's sad. My god the horror, they cut down a bunch of cedars on the sides of the narrow road. Consult the students, yeah right. The students are essentially customers paying to get an education. After they graduate they will be gone and not look back, except perhaps a snowflake or two. How many return to their alma mater after graduation. Feel the heart brake with mother earth... what an idiot. Then the University goes out of their way to kiss the butt of the snowflakes because they complained.

LOL!

I thought universities were supposed to be centres of higher learning? 

• 1 month later...

Yet more evidence we are creating a generation of snowflakes. I just saw on the news that one of the Barrie area high schools has a new faculty member. A Labradoodle that roams the halls to help students deal with the stresses of exams and tests. Apparently they are getting 3 more service dogs for other stressed out students.  My god... how did any of us ever survive the stress of exams and tests in high school. We all are probably badly scarred, suffering from PTSD and just don't know it.

What are they ever going to do when they get into the business world where virtually every day is a test of your skills and you're not about to get a hug from your boss because you had a challenging day. You won't see a dog roaming the halls to help you feel good either.

Give me the good old days when the biggest worries in life were

is my homework done, I need to study for the upcoming test and what if Susan says no when I ask her to go out Friday.... damn asking the girl out was more stressful than prepping for the chemistry test.

• Like 1

Two of the corporations I do work for have dogs of the owners there . Actually calms the workplace down when it's a high stress environment . And it's very common in schools now . They actually deal with high stress better because of the dogs , the dogs don't do anything , but allow everyone to focus more on problems at hand .

so I hate to tell you your wrong , 

actually , I do like to tell you your wrong ..... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

Two of the corporations I do work for have dogs of the owners there . Actually calms the workplace down when it's a high stress environment . And it's very common in schools now . They actually deal with high stress better because of the dogs , the dogs don't do anything , but allow everyone to focus more on problems at hand .

OOOOOOhh, now you did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

I worked for a guy who had his 2 dogs in office.  Despite the fact the one pissed and shit all over.

Definately a distraction.

• Like 1

When I was growing up my dad had a dog in his office . His office was a service station and the dog was a mean as fuck Rottweiler. He lived there for 18 years and was not a single break in . It lowered my Fathers stress level I think.

• Like 1

I've no issue with service dogs in this capacity.  On the news the other night, they were profiling service dogs that will be going into courtrooms, to calm young kids and help them testify to sexual abuse, etc.  I think it's a good idea.  A dog roaming school halls will be the cheapest thing we pay for in the school system. 

Will likely be smarter than some of the teachers, regardless. 

1 hour ago, StevieWonder said:

I know dogs have a soothing effect and are great for lifting morale in seniors homes, hospitals and more. The point is that if students in high school can't deal with that horrendous stress they are under what are they ever going to do in the real world. You know, paying the bills when you've run out of money but there's still some of the month left over, family dynamics, perhaps losing a job and so much more. Businesses where dogs are found are rare exceptions. Like you said, the owners dog. 

High School and real world in the same sentence, now that's funny. 

But I would say kids are under a lot of stress, most is not from the academic side though. 

On occasion I have brought a couple of my dogs to the office, puts a smile on everyone's face. 

Edited by ArcticCrusher

On 2/15/2017 at 4:40 PM, Pt3189 said:

My 14 year old son and I were watching that report. He said " have they never taken a walk in the woods , just a bunch of cedars,sheesh". 

I was thru there last week. All the stumps have been cleaned and they're starting to move dirt. I'm surprised they students haven't blockaded the work.

1 hour ago, Pt3189 said:

When I was growing up my dad had a dog in his office . His office was a service station and the dog was a mean as fuck Rottweiler. He lived there for 18 years and was not a single break in . It lowered my Fathers stress level I think.

White Water Marine had a miserable shepherd in a run and was in the building after hours. If it was in the shop you'll didn't go out there.