Sad legislation is required to ensure free speech

Snake

The bill, which has the full name of the “Tennessee Freedom of Speech on College Campus Bill,” but will be known more informally as The Milo Bill, is set to be officially filed after around two-years of development on Thursday. A press conference will follow.

According to a source involved with the press conference, the bill would stop events from being cancelled based on “harassment” if the “harassment” could simply be defined as an opposing point of view, and will boast a variety of other features that seek to protect students who have opposing beliefs to that of their college or its administrators.

“In view of recent events concerning Milo Yiannopolous at The University of California at Berkley and elsewhere on other college campuses, it’s important for us, as a state, to step up and protect basic First Amendment rights,” said Representative Martin Daniel, who will be holding the press conference on Thursday, in a press release. “We should encourage all forms of lawful speech and expression, even if controversial or disagreeable. This is what makes America great.”

“In Tennessee, the First Amendment does not stop at the campus gate,” he continued. “We can’t allow politically correct policies to smother free speech. Courtesy and civility, while encouraged, can never trump basic constitutional rights. Tennessee’s institutions of higher education should prepare our students for the real world, and encouraging expression of all sorts of viewpoints is essential to that objective.”

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/02/08/tennesse-free-speech-campuses-bill-named-milo/

Just now, motonoggin said:

Freedom of speech just means the government can't arrest you for speech, it does not guarantee a right to an audience.

Exactly.  The protesters were exercising their right to free speech and assembly.

I don't support the actions of the minority that trashed the place though.

10 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Exactly.  The protesters were exercising their right to free speech and assembly.

I don't support the actions of the minority that trashed the place though.

In a public place it makes sense that they can assemble and say whatever they want. However a university is not public property. It is in fact PRIVATE property. The owners of that private property should have the right to say get off my property. Just like if I wanted to gather a group on your front lawn. You would have the right to tell me to get off your property.

Of course the lunatic Doponoggin would support the other lunatics trashing the private property. C'mon Doponoggin. Post your address so that those with opposing viewpoints to yours can protest at your home and destroy it. After all equality is only fair and that's what you want.

Just now, 02sled said:

In a public place it makes sense that they can assemble and say whatever they want. However a university is not public property. It is in fact PRIVATE property. The owners of that private property should have the right to say get off my property. Just like if I wanted to gather a group on your front lawn. You would have the right to tell me to get off your property.

Of course the lunatic Doponoggin would support the other lunatics trashing the private property. C'mon Doponoggin. Post your address so that those with opposing viewpoints to yours can protest at your home and destroy it. After all equality is only fair and that's what you want.

😭😭😭

Cry some more, snowflake.

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

😭😭😭

Cry some more, snowflake.

Your stupidity continues to increase by the hour doponoggin. You couldn't possibly have a problem with people protesting at your home could you. After all you are all about equality. I know you would just sit back and watch people smash and burn your private property, or does that just apply when it happens to others and not you. I know you wouldn't have the balls to confront them.

4 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Your stupidity continues to increase by the hour doponoggin. You couldn't possibly have a problem with people protesting at your home could you. After all you are all about equality. I know you would just sit back and watch people smash and burn your private property, or does that just apply when it happens to others and not you. I know you wouldn't have the balls to confront them.

:lol:

16425829_1245111615566468_4913298192696029461_n.jpg

11 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

:lol:

16425829_1245111615566468_4913298192696029461_n.jpg

So like I said Doponoggin... your opinion of fuck your property must apply equally to everyone, right. So how about a group smashing and burning your Jeep, home and dope business. You'd be okay with that. Yes or No. After all equality is a two way street. Yes or No.

12 minutes ago, Cold War said:

The weak need to label people and speech, ic, ism. to silence them and excuse their own hate/bigotry.

I'm not afraid of any ones thoughts or ideas, I welcome them. 

This is gaslighting. 

Allowing white supremacy a platform is promoting white supremacy as a legitimate political position. 

23 minutes ago, Cold War said:

The weak need to label people and speech, ic, ism. to silence them and excuse their own hate/bigotry.

I'm not afraid of any ones thoughts or ideas, I welcome them. 

What about Neo :lmao: 

26 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

This is gaslighting. 

Allowing white supremacy a platform is promoting white supremacy as a legitimate political position. 

Labeling a guy like Milo a white supremacist, and then keeping him from speaking is exactly why you don't go down the road of limiting free speech.

Pretty soon anyone who has a difference of opinion with anyone is a FACIST!

Who gets to decide what is acceptable? I bet a lot on here would say your "platform" is not legitimate  

13 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Labeling a guy like Milo a white supremacist, and then keeping him from speaking is exactly why you don't go down the road of limiting free speech.

Pretty soon anyone who has a difference of opinion with anyone is a FACIST!

Who gets to decide what is acceptable? I bet a lot on here would say your "platform" is not legitimate  

He can say whatever he wants, the government isn't arresting him for it. That's the only right to free speech you're guaranteed under the Constitution. You are not guaranteed an audience, you have no right to speak in places where you're not wanted, and you don't get to cry about your frozen peaches when people don't want to hear what you have to say.