Trump: I Wanted to Delay Travel Ban a Month

The minions fucked it up by hard selling Trump on the immediate danger, I'll sleep better now knowing that Trump had it right before coming out of the gate :thumb: 

Trump: I Wanted to Delay Travel Ban a Month

President Donald Trump on Wednesday said he originally wanted to delay his temporary travel ban for a month, but was convinced by law enforcement advisers to push the implementation of his executive order so nefarious actors wouldn’t rush into the U.S. ahead of the deadline.

"I wanted to give like a month, then I said, 'Well, what about a week? They said, 'Well then you're going to have a whole pile of people – perhaps, perhaps – with very evil intentions coming in before the restrictions,'" he said at the Major Cities Chiefs Association winter conference in Washington.

The president's remarks were his administration's latest defense of an executive order – signed on Jan. 27 with little warning – that sparked protests, confusion and legal barriers after court challenges in multiple states. The directive halted acceptance of Syrian refugees indefinitely and temporarily barred most people from seven Muslim-majority nations from traveling to the U.S. for three months.

On Jan. 30, after a chaotic weekend at major U.S. airports, Trump defended the executive order's rushed rollout.

"If the ban were announced with a one week notice, the 'bad' would rush into our country during that week," he tweeted. "A lot of bad 'dudes' out there!"

But Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly this week acknowledged to Congress that the speed at which the travel ban was implemented was responsible for some of the confusion.

"In retrospect, I should have – this is all on me, by the way – I should have delayed it just a bit so that I could talk to members of Congress, particularly to the leadership of committees like this, to prepare them for what was coming," Kelly told House lawmakers on Tuesday.

Kelly said the order would improve safety "for all our citizens," but that he would have preferred to hold off for "a day or two."

Critics of the travel ban contend that it targets too broad a swath of people while doing little that would have prevented any of the terrorists who have already carried out attacks on U.S. soil from coming into the country.

Nonetheless, Trump on Wednesday appeared to take aim at a three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which on Tuesday night heard oral arguments on an order that halted key aspects of the travel ban.

"I have to be honest that if these judges wanted to, in my opinion, help the court in terms of respect for the court, they'd do what they should be doing," he said. "I don't ever want to call a court biased, so I won't call it biased, and we haven't had a decision yet. But courts seem to be so political and it would be so great for our justice system if they would be able to read a statement and do what's right."

With the stop in place, Trump said, the country's security is at risk.

"I think it's sad, I think it's a sad day. I think our security is at risk today," he said. "And it will be at risk until such time as we are entitled and get what we are entitled to as citizens of this country. ... We want security."

In the meantime, he said, a wall he's declared will be built along the border between the U.S. and Mexico is "already being designed."

And he urged law enforcement officers to use their local knowledge to serve as the first line of defense against those who would wish to do harm.

"You know the illegals, you know them by their first name, you know them by their nicknames. You have that power. ... You know the bad ones, you know the good ones," he said. "I want you to turn in the bad ones. Call Secretary Kelly's representatives and we'll get them out of our country and bring them back where they came from, and we'll do it fast."

Copyright 2016 U.S. News & World Report

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-i-wanted-to-delay-travel-ban-a-month/ar-AAmJEY3

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

what a crock of shit. everyday that goes by this guy's pile of bullshit grows bigger.

Well, when you view everything he says or does (Good, bad or indifferent) as shit, then all you'll ever see is a pile of shit growing bigger. :news:

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

what a crock of shit. everyday that goes by this guy's pile of bullshit grows bigger. 

How would you have reacted to such a message?

"I wanted to give like a month, then I said, 'Well, what about a week? They said, 'Well then you're going to have a whole pile of people – perhaps, perhaps – with very evil intentions coming in before the restrictions,'" he said at the Major Cities Chiefs Association winter conference in Washington.

18 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Well if a whole pile of people are going to come in in just a week, how many of those people do we have here now and where are all of the attacks committed by them?

It just doesn't add up. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

i don't believe a word that comes out of the man's mouth. zero integrity. zero culpability. has he taken ownership of one single fuck up? he's got time for whining tweets about how his daughter is being treated unfairly by big bad nordstroms. but he can't admit a mistake? he dumps his shit on everyone else. how the fuck did he get to his station in life? 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

trump saw an opportunity to save face when his little soldier took a fall on the sword. 

You really do know what is in everybody's mind at all times don't you? Good god you really are an annoying cunt.

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

You really do know what is in everybody's mind at all times don't you? Good god you really are an annoying cunt.

only going by what i see and read :dunno: when someone lies 24/7, can't accept responsibility for anything, cries like a baby when he doesn't get his way, has extremely thin skin, etc etc etc what am i supposed to think?

Edited by Snoslinger

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

only going by what i see and read :dunno: when someone lies 24/7, can't accept responsibility for anything, cries like a baby when he doesn't get his way, has extremely thin skin, etc etc etc what am i supposed to think?

You do the same to me and others here saying we won't admit our true political leanings and thoughts....guess that makes me a liar eh Carnac?

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

You do the same to me and others here saying we won't admit our true political leanings and thoughts....guess that makes me a liar eh Carnac?

well when they make zero sense, like claiming to vote for a candidate who spent his entire career in washington, because you wanted something different in washington, yeah. that was a classic, dude. why don't you just be honest, and admit trump has been very disappointing, and a major liar. i'd leave you, and others who did the same, alone.

33 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

i don't believe a word that comes out of the man's mouth. zero integrity. zero culpability. has he taken ownership of one single fuck up? he's got time for whining tweets about how his daughter is being treated unfairly by big bad nordstroms. but he can't admit a mistake? he dumps his shit on everyone else. how the fuck did he get to his station in life? 

Now you know why he is 3+ time loser. He has to buy wives because no normal woman would actually love him for who he is.

Hes a fuckin freak and does not belong in the White House.

And FUCK the real republicans left in Congress for letting his shit stain our history

Edited by Mainecat

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Now you know why he is 3+ time loser. He has to buy wives because no normal woman would actually love him for who he is.

Hes a fuckin freak and does not belong in the White House.

And FUCK the real republicans left in Congress for letting his shit stain our history

they're damn lucky many of their followers are naive as hell. unfortunately they'll get away with the shit they're pulling. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

they're damn lucky many of their followers are naive as hell. unfortunately they'll get away with the shit they're pulling. 

They will use Trump for their gains then when he really fucks up impeach the clown and blame him for everything and claim he was no republican and its Obama / Clintons fault he was elected.

Just now, Mainecat said:

They will use Trump for their gains then when he really fucks up impeach the clown and blame him for everything and claim he was no republican and its Obama / Clintons fault he was elected.

don't get your hopes up. they're all scared of being in one of his tweets. can't you just hear some of the dinner conversation with spouses?

"honey, why don't you stick up for what's right and abandon this asshole. he is a lying POS"

"well dear, i don't want to be called out in one of his tweets. if i am, those dumbshits that voted me in won't like me and my career will be over"

14 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

well when they make zero sense, like claiming to vote for a candidate who spent his entire career in washington, because you wanted something different in washington, yeah. that was a classic, dude. why don't you just be honest, and admit trump has been very disappointing, and a major liar. i'd leave you, and others who did the same, alone.

Fuck you and your demands about what I should do and by all means keep repeating the same crap as it only ensures   continued Democrat futility.

18 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Fuck you and your demands about what I should do and by all means keep repeating the same crap as it only ensures   continued Democrat futility.